Are Fibrous Green Vegetables And Beans So Bad?

Xisca

I eat at least 30 grams of fiber per day from mostly vegetables, beans and fortified cereal.
They are not the same fibers, insoluble or soluble. The one IN the beans is better than in the PEEL.
Fiber form wholegrain cereals are the worse, irritant and full of antinutrients that need careful time consuming preparations.
Think about masa harina that RP talks about and try to make your own!
but instead of eating all the sugar I replace it with fortified cereal/grains and I try to eat as much fiber as possible
Forget about fortified. And forget about brushing your guts so harsh.
he recommended buying high quality beef
We saw in another thread that organic grass fed makes a different fat, more saturated but also with less omega6.
The naturally occurring PUFA in whole foods is not the problem. Focus should be on limiting free, unbound oils, not whole foods.
pufa is pufa, but you ingest less when you eat the whole food, and you get the other nutrients.
Also, for your liver, the fat in food is already emulsified, and it is not the case in oils, which gives more job to your liver with bile salts to emulsify the fats.
I do not know how it is for dairy fats... But fresh milk does not show the fat, it separates AFTERWARDS (quite quick).
The main free oil foods are mayonaise, all salad dressings (the first ingredient in salad dressing and mayo is pure oil),
In mayo it is emulsified which makes a difference.
Home made mayo can be with olive or coco oil...
oils are extremely low in terms of nutritive value. They contain no fiber, no minerals and are 100% fat calories.
Surely not! Refinated yes. Virgin oils no. Virgin olive oil has oleuropein, highly praised in olive leaf...
And you need some fat to use up your bile salts and eliminate some wastes from the body.
Beans, legumes, nuts, seeds and all those really badly digestible foods with anti nutrients etc. along with grains(gluten) and PUFA oils they should be BIG NO NO for someone who wants to be healthier...
If they do not have their hull, they are fine. Anti-nutrients are in whole grains.
If you sprout them, or ferment them, you can have them whole, but it is not easy to do.
One of the issues with excess fibre, from Peat's PoV, is that the gut produces serotonin in response to stretching and friction, and he sees high serotonin as a culprit contributing to health burdens in a number of ways. Also some kinds of fibre tend to feed excessive bacterial growth, producing extra amounts of endotoxin. On the other hand, it is useful to have some fibre to help carry out some of the endotoxin and some of the estrogen excreted with bile into the lumen.
Isn't it where there is some difference between the soluble and insoluble ones?
Do not scratch your guts, but use the soap...
= compare bran and hulls after soaking almonds or chickpeas... Vs what is said about the slimy quality of beans soaked with baking soda...
My understanding is that sprouting beans before you boil them, and discarding the first batch of water from boiling before boiling them again (for a long time) can somewhat reduce their toxicity.
I believe it too!
And you need to remove their skin... So I use only lima beans, they are big!
Also broken peas and red lentils have no skin.
ANd they bring folate and more...
Hum just to be clear, Ray likes the simple sugars precisely because they don't ferment - or minimise fermentation.
Ups, they do ferment in my guts, including fruits. Would like to know why prickly pears seem better... and also some raw honeys.
It's also uncharitable to say that Peat advocates a diet of ice cream and cola.
He advocates a diet based on tropical fruits.
I would love nothing more than believing beans were the most nutritious things around
You might personnaly need something they bring! Use the split peas and lentils, soak, rinse and sprout the others...

jyb

Funnily enough, I usually don't fart (as in, can go for weeks without noticing any) but apples specifically make me produce crazy farts. I stay away.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals