Slow Oxidizers

DDK

Maybe Gbolduev can clear up the confusion on this issue? It is recommended that the slow oxidizer avoid high copper, high calcium. That's why Gbolduev said the Peat diet is death for a slow oxidizer. All the calcium from milk and copper from liver, etc... So these two things must be avoided for a slow oxidizer, however the recommended "slow oxidizer diet" is still extremely high in these two minerals. It is recommended, by Gbolduev and others, that slow oxidizers eat tons of cooked vegetables and greens; veggies are supposed to be the bulk of your diet. Well, veggies and greens are very high in calcium as well as copper. Kale, Bok Choy, mustard greens, turnip greens, collard greens, spinach, lettuce, cabbage, etc... are all extremely high in calcium, even green beans and broccoli are high if you eat the amounts that are recommended. Plus when you cook these foods it concentrates the nutrients while shrinking the food volume, so that you can consume a lot more. My point is you will still be consuming gram amounts of calcium on this diet. As well as lots of copper from the potatoes and vegetables.

When I got my hair analysis and was labeled a "slow oxidizer" it was recommended I eat lean meat/fish, eggs, leafy greens/veggies (all cooked), potatoes and whole grains. This is just as high in copper/calcium as if I ate 1/2 gallon of milk a day and liver once a week?

"I see zero utility in generic concepts like "slow oxidiser vs fast oxidiser", especially when there is no verifiable clarifying context at all, and when the diagnosis for each category are a bunch of subjective metrics." - @tyw

InChristAlone

Problem with the slow/fast oxidizer hair mineral analysis is that if you hang around those groups... how many are even getting better? One prominent practitioner Garrett Smith says he doesn't see problems with dietary calcium sources. He is pretty against the high sugar diet though.

Ella

Forum Supporter
Garrett Smith says he doesn't see problems with dietary calcium sources. He is pretty against the high sugar diet though.

@Janelle525 I think GS is paranoid about calcium just like the rest of them. I think to classify people into SLOWS and FASTS is not useful. It is meant to make it easier for lazy people who are poor at interpreting results and that's fair enough if you need to get more and more practitioners using the method.

Your results are the blueprint. You just go by your results. Some practitioners make incredible stories (not mentioning any names) when the results don't match their preconceived world view of the theory. People will need calcium according to their needs and yes for some people if they are trying to get rid of excess copper like SLOWS, calcium will help to make the journey a whole lot more pleasant. We should not pigeonhole individuals. The hair test should not be used in isolation.

It makes little sense to me to use vegetables that are highly goitrogenic, super accumulators of toxic metals yet discount the benefits of fruits.

Vitamin C in the tropical fruits + citrus fruits are super efficient in removing heavy metals. Perhaps too efficient. It makes more sense to use fruits and sugars for the SLOWS than the FASTs. Fruits are less likely to have accumulated heavy metals than vegetables. The hair will guide when you need to pull back and give the body a break or change the gameplan. There is a big difference if you are getting your copper from liver or oysters compared to getting copper from vegetables. Vegetables don't come with the full suite of nutrient cofactors, creating futher imbalances. Those individuals coming from paleo - high meat eaters; getting them to reduce meat and eat more vegan is going to address the imbalance.

Eating seasonally is a good way to maintain balance and variety.

"I see zero utility in generic concepts like "slow oxidiser vs fast oxidiser", especially when there is no verifiable clarifying context at all, and when the diagnosis for each category are a bunch of subjective metrics." - @tyw
Pretty much, lol

xiaohua

They need to start a forum for Wilson’s ideas.
Agree. This stuff has been discussed on Curezone for at least a decade anyway. Doing hundreds of liver flushes and living on fish and greens is the norm over there.

Xisca

I wanted to make a thread about understanding slow oxi in particular, and harvest the informations we have around, already. Thanks @DDK for creating it!
Can we do it together?
Many things around already, that we can harvest and copy here.

And another thread for all about fast oxi? @Ella you have said things about yourself that should not be lost around and would deserve be the start of a thread about understanding the general features of the fasts...

I do understand your point that we cannot really be labelled. We can, if we understand that this gives room for individualisation...

Shouldn't we keep our doubts and interrogations in another thread than this one?
We will not solve the problem of information dilution by diluting again. Better group our informations by themes.

jaa

Where's the source for that? It wasn't on RPF.

They need to start a forum for Wilson’s ideas.

If you're going to take a dig at gboldluev and people who are interested in what he writes, you should at least make it about something he supports.

Xisca

I think we have become paranoid about doctors, therapists and therapies. We should know nothing about biochemistry and a lot about daily cooking according to seasons and local supply, but we have seen that letting our health in the hands of others can be desastrous. When I read Eck, I realized that he said it was necessary to work at emotional level at the same time as biochemical level. No surprise people have no result and stagnate when they are triggered in their safety zone. But it is not about others, it is about ourselves having this reaction. We cannot get results with diet or what else if we do not calm the nervous system.

As you can see, this relates to our breathing and our pH as well!

I have found this, that is almost right, but said a very wrong way.... 1st sentence is bad, 2nd is rather true.
"your emotional states are not a result of the things that happen in your life but the stories you create around those events. Since it is you who create those stories, you have the power to recreate them in different ways to create different emotional states that power you forward instead of holding you back."
It is not the event, but it is not "you" either who created the stories. The stories are efficient patches to hold back the fluids of the wound. Then yes we have power, but under certain conditions... if it was so easy, we would all be cured.

Balancing is about replacing the patches by a balance recovery of the physiology and all other levels. And "slox" is no more than a certain global type of unbalance some people have to start with NOW. Some start with a more fastox. + as many mineral amounts and ratios as humans! It is worth exploring.

This thread, apart form OP post, is no more a thread about slow oxidizers... Janelle did not meant it, but by introducing a doubt, the other answers were all about doubts and calming the doubts as well.

Last edited:

Drareg

Where's the source for that? It wasn't on RPF.

If you're going to take a dig at gboldluev and people who are interested in what he writes, you should at least make it about something he supports.

I am Jaa clearly..... stop trying to start drama here. Get involved in the threads with the drama,stop being scared,learn nothing unless you engage.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals