Low Toxin Diet A case against Vegetables

BRENBAIL

Forum Supporter
Hi, I'm new here and have been trying to educate myself on healing the thyroid and metabolism. I'm so intrigued by what I've been reading so far, but I'm confused/concerned about not 'eating my vegetables'. Of course that's what's been drilled in us everywhere we go, but now hearing that vegetables are toxins? I realize not all plants are healthy, and I'm recognizing the case against Vitamin A. Is there anything else that would be a case against them? Right before reading about the Low Toxin Diet I had signed up with a local CSA farm to get fresh veggies for the season, but now I'm hesitant. I need to pay for the year by tomorrow, and I'm having doubts. Of course I would be receiving tons of carrots, greens, beets, beans, onions, garlic, potatoes, etc.
Also, I've been told in other 'nutrition circles' that Beta Carotene is not truly the same as Vitamin A, that it's water soluble and we excrete what we don't need. Humans are a poor converter from Beta Carotene to Vit. A, a 6:1 conversion. And, if one has a thyroid condition, you don't covert at all. So, what's the big deal with eating veggies high in beta carotene? Isn't it a powerful anti-oxidant?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

TheSir

So long as they are well cooked and low in carotenoids they are fine. I'm eating 2 liters/quarts of cooked vegetables a day and I'm gradually getting better. Mostly cruciferous, onions and roots/tubers.

Don

I have been enjoying skinned white flesh purple yams and parsnips boiled them mashed together with some salt/potassium chloride mix and its amazing tasting.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals