Low Toxin Diet Simple steps to transition to a Low Toxin Diet/Way of Living

OP
M

mosaic01

I do have a hard time with the notion that the only practical way to test vit A is in the plasma and yet, it is not reflective of tissue stores. Therefore how can we know that there is a vit A toxicity?

Peat put a lot of importance on calcium. I suppose no importance is given to it here?

Why apple juice or white grape juice and not OJ?

Most people know once they go zero A. Your body will usually tell you. But you can track your serum levels over time, they usually go up in the first months. Seurm level is reflective of tissue stores relative to previous measurement of the same person.

Calcium is probably important in the first years of avoiding vA, at least for some. It's all pretty individual. There's high calcium water, and I suppose if you come from a Peat background, drinking some low-fat milk would be a possibility. Most people drop the milk, as recommended by Genereux and Smith.

I drink calcium water with around 350mg of calcium per liter.

Oranges are reasonably high in carotene. Eating an orange is not a big problem, but drinking the juice daily is.

Last edited:

taralynne

Many people on r/decaf report that decaf coffee has almost the same negative effects as regular coffee. There's something not quite right with coffee, consumed orally. It's problematic in itself. But decaffeinated coffee is also not free of caffeine, it contains 10% of the original caffeine amount.
Appreciate the clarification. I was thinking maybe I could switch to decaf. I don't really care so much about the higher caffeine content in regular coffee. I think the coffee is more about the ritual & I look forward to it every day but maybe I need to reconsider it altogether.

Not really. This is too complex to make concrete suggestions. You probably know all the basics like digestive support, enzymes, probiotics, peppermint oil, binders, etc.

Agreed, gut issues can be quite complex, unfortunately...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Hidden49

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I think Paola is barking up the wrong tree, I'm on Garrets and kelseys side with this one. I saw Paola mention she can't tolerate even a tiny bit of a b complex without a bad reaction so something is going wrong in her metabolism some where.
Yeh she is really jumping the shark. It almost seems like she is trying to damage this movement and now she is touting iodine and pork. I hope she finds the answers she needs because she is traveling the wrong path.
Also I watched one of her videos once and in the intro she says she is trans, is that true or is it joke I couldn't tell?
That is the first I have heard of this but this morning I was thinking she looks like a man and is now acting like one. With that said her work on ozone and also showing how liver wrecks people is still good work.

Prota

Thank you Charlie!
What is your daily protein intake and do you eat raw apples every day?
Also, do you sometimes cook apples?

fevronia

I am going to experiment with this low A diet. My health is overall very good, but since “peating” I have noticed increase of orange tinged skin on my feet and hands. Also some recent skin spots that I never had before. The other thing I have noticed is my wounds seem slow to heal, such as a bruise or even mosquito bite. They leave a mark on the skin for longer than I am used to… not sure what the connection is here? Fortunately I could never eat much liver but I have taken many fat soluable vitamins and I drink a lot of milk.
is Olive oil considered ok for eating with pasta? I am going to limit dairy now as part of my experiment, so no butter except for on a piece of bread. It’s funny that naturally I had already started to eat more grains again, and they helped my digestion quite a bit. What about coconut oil for cooking/baking?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
What is your daily protein intake and do you eat raw apples every day?
I eat beef usually twice a day, then usually turkey or chicken for the third meal. I do not count the protein intake though. Yes I eat apples every day.
Also, do you sometimes cook apples?
I would definitely eat apple pie if I had it long as its made with dextrose. :)
My health is overall very good, but since “peating” I have noticed increase of orange tinged skin on my feet and hands. Also some recent skin spots that I never had before.
Its a common theme that the Ray Peat diet destroys the skin. Cherry angiomas are another common theme, had them myself and they have faded since going low toxin.
is Olive oil considered ok for eating with pasta?
A small amount might be OK but I avoid it.
What about coconut oil for cooking/baking?
I use coconut oil.

fevronia

I eat beef usually twice a day, then usually turkey or chicken for the third meal. I do not count the protein intake though. Yes I eat apples every day.

I would definitely eat apple pie if I had it long as its made with dextrose. :)

Its a common theme that the Ray Peat diet destroys the skin. Cherry angiomas are another common theme, had them myself and they have faded since going low toxin.

A small amount might be OK but I avoid it.

I use coconut oil.
Thank you! I have been getting cherry angiomas too, and nobody could tell me why. Teeth also yellowing. Been gargling hydrogen peroxide every day. This is all very interesting. I’m excited to try this!

taralynne

Thank you! I have been getting cherry angiomas too, and nobody could tell me why. Teeth also yellowing. Been gargling hydrogen peroxide every day. This is all very interesting. I’m excited to try this!
I'm dealing with yellowish teeth too.. does the peroxide help?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
People in the low A and low toxin groups are seeing their teeth become whiter and whiter and also stronger.

youngsinatra

Does anyone get a low temperature from dumping bile?

Whenever my bile flow is really strong, my temperature oftentimes drops from 98.6 F (37.0 C) to 96.8 F (36.0 C) or lower.

This happens even though I am on my optimal dose of thyroid and my full-thyroid panel looks good.

If my bile flow gets stopped by something, my body temperature and thyroid function usually rises, likely because less metabolic inhibitors are being released into the blood stream and rather retained in the liver.

I definitely think that a high amount of circulating retinoids slow down the metabolic rate and thyroid. But it seems there is no way around it for me, because I need to get rid of my excess vitamin A stores via biliary excretion.

This phenomenon happens with low dose B1, selenium, zinc, molybdenum, lactoferrin etc. etc. (all detox-promoting things)

Strangely enough, my body composition looks better and much leaner when I am having a strong bile flow, my bowel movement frequency increases greatly, food tolerance is more diverse and stool quality looks much better. But… I tend to feel like a flu is coming up always. That sucks! Any way around that?

Last edited:

fevronia

Yes it does help. I try to hold it in my mouth on my lower teeth especially when I’m doing something else in the bathroom like curling my hair. And I will do a swish with it before brushing my teeth every night. I’ve noticed an improvement for sure! But I’d like to get to the root of the problem if it’s my liver. I used to always have very white teeth despite drinking coffee and wine.
The little changes I’ve noticed lately that seem concerning to me all seem to be related to this theory. I do not want to wait until things get worse.

youngsinatra

Are you getting cold extremities during those episodes too? Does anything happen to your resting heart rate?
It depends. Sometimes the hands stay warm but the core, torso, legs feel cold to touch. Heart rate drops too, but not that significantly.

TheSir

It depends. Sometimes the hands stay warm but the core, torso, legs feel cold to touch. Heart rate drops too, but not that significantly.
Ah, interesting. I've been experiencing the opposite: a warmer core with colder extremities. As if my thyroid was improving but in a way that was also elevating cortisol. Not sure what to make of it.

youngsinatra

Ah, interesting. I've been experiencing the opposite: a warmer core with colder extremities. As if my thyroid was improving but in a way that was also elevating cortisol. Not sure what to make of it.
Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals