Cooked Green Veggies

mamaherrera

What are the cooked green veggies that we "can" eat on this diet?? Green beans? Any others?? And also, if I have insulin resistance, should I still go ahead and try to put skim milk back in my diet? and what cheeses are good to eat if they are all high in fat and we want to keep fat low??? Finally I've heard of someone using kale broth for calcium, how do you make that and is it tasty? And if I need to take calcium supplements, calcium carbonate is the best?? Thanks

tara

As a non-expert, I'd say
should I still go ahead and try to put skim milk back in my diet
Yes if it agrees with you.

and what cheeses are good to eat if they are all high in fat and we want to keep fat low???
Fresh cheeses made with low fat milk?

Finally I've heard of someone using kale broth for calcium, how do you make that and is it tasty?
Cook kale in water, drink the water. Tastes terrible to me straight.
I cook veges and combine with stock to make soup. This tastes good to me.

What are the cooked green veggies that we "can" eat on this diet?? Green beans? Any others??
I'm figuring spinach, kale, chard, ...

And if I need to take calcium supplements, calcium carbonate is the best??
I believe Peat has spoken favourably of clean eggshell calcium, and next best oystershell. These are both mainly calcium carbonate. The issue with some supplement forms can be contamination with heavy metals - eg more lead in bonemeal of older animals.

DaveFoster

Here you go:
5d124acfdeebabcd2552b06ae37d0eeb.jpg

Easiest plants to digest include tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, and tubers.

OP
M

mamaherrera

So all tubers are good?? Also, cucumbers don't have to be cooked obviously right?? I was looking at the eggshell calcium, and it seems easy enough to make,but does it have to be free range shells/etc. or does anyone have any good links of either oyster or eggshell supplements??

Birdie

So all tubers are good?? Also, cucumbers don't have to be cooked obviously right?? I was looking at the eggshell calcium, and it seems easy enough to make,but does it have to be free range shells/etc. or does anyone have any good links of either oyster or eggshell supplements??
I just use Swanson's eggshell Ca, but it isn't optimal.
I'm disabled and have to go the easy route and make choices from the menu.
But a lot of people are making their own with eggshells. Jealous.

I don't think cukes are included in our fare. Guess you could peel and remove seeds. I'm not attracted to them anymore...
Ray has mentioned young zucchinis and we like those sautéed and cooked with butter and salt.

Anyway, Dr Furman's is different from Peat's recommendations as I recall. :oops:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals