Herbicides, pesticides, vegetables, grains

Runenight201

Hi all,

Just wanted to get some feedback here in terms of what are the facts surrounding western agriculture (I’m more interested in American, but of course willing to hear how it’s done else where) and the use of herbicides and the like and the result on human health.

I’d like to believe that vegetables are healthy to consume. I do enjoy eating a well seasoned and cooked green bean, carrot, pea, zucchini, etc… and note subjective well being from doing so. That being said, today I noticed part of my tooth chipped after eating a vegan meal of pasta and veggies and my mouth had this off buzzing sensation, almost as if I was having an allergic reaction to something. I did notice that instinctively I started digging for the veggies to eat and not the pasta.

So I’m trying to boil down what the issue may be here, and whether it’s

a) the pasta
b) the veggies
C) the herbicides
D) complete lack of animal meat at the meal

Now after work I did go home and then eat a chicken casserole my sister lovingly made for our family so I got some protein in me and that grounded me a bit but to be honest Im getting really scared of food now because my paranoia and bodily pains are getting worse and they are 100% in response to the foods I’m eating especially after this experience where my tooth chipped that was the final nail in the coffin where I realized I am literally being poisoned by what I’m eating this is ridiculous.

Perry Staltic

I doubt what you ate that day had anything to do with your chipped tooth. Sometimes that can happen when we move our jaws the wrong way.

Virtually any grain and bean have the potential to have been sprayed with glyphosate right before harvest in order to desiccate the crop and make it easier to harvest. I'm assuming that's not done to organically grown grains and beans.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

I doubt what you ate that day had anything to do with your chipped tooth. Sometimes that can happen when we move our jaws the wrong way.

Virtually any grain and bean have the potential to have been sprayed with glyphosate right before harvest in order to desiccate the crop and make it easier to harvest. I'm assuming that's not done to organically grown grains and beans.

Im a paranoid son of a gun these days but I haven’t fully lost touch with reality, especially over my own body. My tooth wasn’t chipped before lunch, I ate lunch, it was chipped.

Perhaps it could be that the outer portions of my tooth are weakening and then the mechanical aspect of eating produced a force that caused the tooth to chip when perhaps I chewed awkwardly and a tooth ground up against another. I have noticed my teeth are becoming more decayed and yellow.

joaquin

Im a paranoid son of a gun these days but I haven’t fully lost touch with reality, especially over my own body. My tooth wasn’t chipped before lunch, I ate lunch, it was chipped.
You bit down on something. That is the most obvious explanation. I was eating some taco salad in 1990 one evening and the shell cause my front cap to get knocked off.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

You bit down on something. That is the most obvious explanation. I was eating some taco salad in 1990 one evening and the shell cause my front cap to get knocked off.

I don’t know much about teeth would a front cap be part of your tooth or the result of a dental procedure?

joaquin

Result of dental procedure.