What's the most important rule of the Peat diet to you, the "take home" message?

welshwing

Help me get the best out of the RP diet if I am not willing to drop green fibrous vegetables or fibrous legumes.

I eat all kinds of vegetables, black beans, some lean meat, yogurt, cheese occasionally and only low fructose fruit like tomato. I'm looking to Peat for wisdom but am not willing to stop eating vegetables. If someone doesn't adhere perfectly to the Peat diet, what is the most important thing to take from his advice?

answersfound

Take cyproheptadine and everything will sort itself out.

YuraCZ

haidut = " everything affects everything else and depends on everything else"

And I agree 100%..

aquaman

You should drink half a gallon of OJ and half a gallon of skim milk a day and take at least 15 pharmaceuticals (preferably bought from an online mexican pharmacy) in mega doses. And you should never get out of breath.

peatypie

Since reducing your greens, beans and eating fruit is not an option I would suggest you avoid other pufa as much as possible and make sure you are getting calcium through milk, cheese, some yogurt, add some shell fish and liver occasionally. I really don't understand why you have eliminated fruits as they are delicious, portable and wholesome. You might want to consider Vit. E.

jyb

welshwing said:
Help me get the best out of the RP diet if I am not willing to drop green fibrous vegetables or fibrous legumes.

I eat all kinds of vegetables, black beans, some lean meat, yogurt, cheese occasionally and only low fructose fruit like tomato. I'm looking to Peat for wisdom but am not willing to stop eating vegetables. If someone doesn't adhere perfectly to the Peat diet, what is the most important thing to take from his advice?

You could use the teaching about cooking them well to make the fibre less problematic (better digested, therefore less fermentation, gas and therefore endotoxin) and eat it with saturated fat for protection (antiseptic and gut friendly).

And more importantly, as you eat more nutrient dense food such as dairy, eggs and beef, you will have less room for veggies (and industrial products that contain pufa and a long list of other problems) anyway.

chris

It's short sighted to narrow down Peat's teachings into one rule (There isn't a Peat diet) But my take home message is "increase metabolism." Under that umbrella comes many other things such as avoiding PUFA, adequate nutrients, relevant supplementation, minimizing endotoxin.

narouz

chris said:
It's short sighted to narrow down Peat's teachings into one rule (There isn't a Peat diet) But my take home message is "increase metabolism." Under that umbrella comes many other things such as avoiding PUFA, adequate nutrients, relevant supplementation, minimizing endotoxin.

good 'un, chris.

Nicholas

Peat says himself that the only valid protocol is to perceive, think, and act. He never really goes into depth on *how* to do this, but it's a good start nonetheless. he almost says it like it's rather foundational/obvious, but the truth is that it's very difficult and uncommon to perceive, think, and act if you are not accustomed to it in an authoritative state of mind/culture.

tara

chris said:

This.
What are you trying to achieve? Why do you want to change anything?

[Edited to reduce confusion.]

narouz

tara said:
narouz said:
chris said:

good 'un, chris.
This.
What are you trying to achieve? Why do you want to change anything?

You mean vis-à-vis the Peat Diet discussion?

tara

narouz said:
I was meaning to agree with chris. Maybe I got my quoting wrong. :)
OP is asking for advice, and I wonder what OP wants advice for.

narouz

tara said:
narouz said:
I was meaning to agree with chris. Maybe I got my quoting wrong. :)
OP is asking for advice, and I wonder what OP wants advice for.

Yeah, welshwing with 12 posts
is not going to get much knowledge this way.
Still...
if he stopped eating PUFA ...
worlds better off
it has to be said. :lol:

Also, a clarifying exercise.
Extreme silly reduction/summary, but still...

tara

narouz said:
Also, a clarifying exercise.
Extreme silly reduction/summary, but still...
If you mean silly in it's older sense, as useless, then you may be right that it may be too simplified to provide much guidance at this stage. But it's not non-sensical, or inaccurate wrt what Peat has said. Ask a silly question ... OP was asking for one rule - eat to raise metabolism seems like that one rule to me. The many words Peat has used to describe the many ways one might go about that will take OP longer to wade through.

gretchen

Get rid of the a PUFAs, grains and starches (generally). The main factor in stressful aging he says is red light. Get morning sun and reduce your blue light exposure. He says endotoxins are a constant problem.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals