Applying Peat Principles To Veganism: Incredible Results

tara

I started with 3 tsp of Baking Soda 3x a day not around meals and I am glowing, like the blood if right underneath the skin, not that whitish fade that most mid twenties have.
I hope you have a way to assess whether/when you have enough, so that you don't tip the balance to far towards hazardous milk-alkali syndrome. 9 tsp/day sodium bicarbonate (or even 3 tsp/day, if that's what you mean) sounds like it would be a lot for most people. I guess it depends on personal context and other balancing factors.

D

Deleted member 5487

I hope you have a way to assess whether/when you have enough, so that you don't tip the balance to far towards hazardous milk-alkali syndrome. 9 tsp/day sodium bicarbonate (or even 3 tsp/day, if that's what you mean) sounds like it would be a lot for most people. I guess it depends on personal context and other balancing factors.
Urine PH strips.

"The answer to the question whether or not bicarbonate can be overdosed is rather easy, as long as the amounts ingested are not excessive. According to the Pitts-mechanism any surplus amount in the blood will be immediately excreted by the kidneys as shown in Fig. 4. "

"Sodium Bicarbonate, NaHCO3, is the natural physiological buffer in the mammalian organism and and if it is substituted at normal concentrations it may be considered as “good”. However, the excessive intake of 100 Gram of Sodium Bicarbonate is certainly not advisable and would require medical treatment."

4.8grams per tsp, so 15grams of bicarbonate a day

tara

Got it - 1 tsp, 3 times a day.

IIRC, two members reported milk-alkali issues after they supplemented excessive amounts of both baking soda and calcium.
If you are not supplementing calcium, it may not be the same kind of risk.

I'd guess that UpH monitoring could be a useful tactic.

OP
Ritchie

Ritchie

@Ritchie Hello, any updates on how you currently feel? Have you changed things up since the original post?
Hey, feeling great thanks.. I've recently reintroduced a few more animal products mainly for experimental purposes since i'm training quite a lot atm. I'm eating oysters and mussels, i'm eating eggs and some milk. Apart from that pretty much the same and feeling great.

Vins7

tbh after eating nothing but fruit, raw veggies and very small amounts of milk with coffee for around 7-10 days I'm beginning to think that a high nutrient diet is simply not necessary. it's about avoiding acidity/inflammation. well at least for me it is. If I need something I'll crave it, and go for it.
I look the best since a year rn, and my roommate commented that my voice got deeper. Which one would not think considering I went from high sfa to very low sfa.
I'll add small amounts of eggs and might up my dairy, but probably won't return to meat anytime soon. Maybe for christmas or something. And add some supps like b12.

I think if you easily get tired from food, get water retention from it etc. that is a sign you should go for foods that take very little energy to extract energy from. If you overburden your body with hard to digest foods you get in it's way of finding homeostasis. Can't believe I was peating for month just because the numbers on my thermometer got better, basically.
What foods do you think that are easy and hard to digest?

Wagner83

Hey, feeling great thanks.. I've recently reintroduced a few more animal products mainly for experimental purposes since i'm training quite a lot atm. I'm eating oysters and mussels, i'm eating eggs and some milk. Apart from that pretty much the same and feeling great.
Great, thanks for the update !

jet9

Do you still eat legumes? What is your major source of calories?

OP
Ritchie

Ritchie

Do you still eat legumes? What is your major source of calories?
Yes still eat legumes, well cooked/prepared. Major source of calories is sugar/fruit/juice/dry fruit. I also eat potatoes and rice but i'd say I get more calories from the sugary foods.

D

Deleted member 5487

How is your Hairline/Quality/Density?

Vins7

How many meals do you usually eat a day? Do you respect certain times of fasting during the day?

It would be very beneficial if you shared what a typical day looks like for your meals, if it is not a bother for you. Your case is very interesting to me.

Thanks once again for sharing what worked for you.

D

Deleted member 5487

How many meals do you usually eat a day? Do you respect certain times of fasting during the day?

It would be very beneficial if you shared what a typical day looks like for your meals, if it is not a bother for you. Your case is very interesting to me.

The Real Benefits of Veganism Appear After 25. When the kidneys can no longer keep up with Bicarbonate levels needed to buffer proteins digestions acids. and the body is fully grown and developed and doesn't need protein/nutrient density needed to develop.

One of @Amazoniac best posts

"Acid-base balance in the body influences adrenal hormone production of cortisol. When bicarbonate [HCO3- levels are low, the kidneys upregulate glutaminase activity and trigger cortisol production [35-37]." "Dietary induction of acidosis increases serum cortisol concentrations [38]."

"Cortisol activates the tryptophan metabolism pathway which is carried out by rate-limiting enzymes of tryptophan catabolism, 2,3-dioxygenase (TDO) and indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO). Cortisol directly stimulates TDO activation and may augment IDO activity indirectly through inflammatory cytokine signaling such as interferon gamma [49,50]. Excessive or chronic cortisol production acquired from a ‘Western’ dietary lifestyle could play a role in augmenting the tryptophan metabolism pathway and drive downstream molecular events that promote carcinogenesis."

"Upregulated cortisol bioactivity driven by diet-induced acidosis may be a factor in metabolic syndrome by promoting insulin resistance. Chronic hyperglucocorticoidism upregulates visceral obesity while reducing insulin sensitivity mainly in visceral adipocytes which appear to be more responsive to cortisol than subcutaneous adipocytes due to higher expression levels of glucocorticoid receptors [58,59]."

"Acidosis associated insulin resistance through cortisol activity may result in compensatory pancreatic insulin secretion and higher levels of circulating insulin in the serum, a condition known as hyperinsulinemia." As Travisord would say: [sick]

So if your gonna eat animals foods after age 25, always be checking your Urine PH

Taking baking soda/ potassium/mag bicarbonate is the best way to get Bicarbonate Ions. Or you could eat and tons of fruits/veggies but even that is not enough

OP
Ritchie

Ritchie

I pretty much eat when I'm hungry, and generally eat big meals around the normal times (ie. breakfast, lunch, dinner), with snacks like fruit and juice etc in between.

I have outlined what a typical day of eating looks like if you go through the thread you'll find that, just combine the foods the way you want to eat them and amounts depending on activity levels and how hungry you are.

Last edited:

jet9

Yes still eat legumes, well cooked/prepared. Major source of calories is sugar/fruit/juice/dry fruit. I also eat potatoes and rice but i'd say I get more calories from the sugary foods.
do you eat fats? or do you keep it minimal fat?

OP
Ritchie

Ritchie

do you eat fats? or do you keep it minimal fat?
Quite low fat overall, mainly because the foods I eat are just naturally low in fat and I don't purposefully add extra.

Also a little update - I tried introducing milk recently as an experiment and got negative impacts from it so I've cut it again. I do way better without dairy. It seemed to lower my temps and pulse as well as slow my overall energy down.

GreekDemiGod

I remember last time I read it, this is a particularly interesting thread. @Ritchie are you still on this way of eating.
I recently found myself again needing to reintroduce starch. Also been frustrated because I've become fluffier since peating. Gained muscle too, but also fat around midsection and chest area. And I don't seem to be getting leaner.
Also on a no-starch way of eating I could not go more than 2-3 hrs without eating and would get hypoglycemia, especially when using thyroid.

Doubling down on carbs & restricting fats is the plan now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals