Why Ray switched into high vegetable, or copper as hidden variable

High copper and high mineral bases are specifically harvested taste-wise and feeling-wise in traditional eating, coupled with high carb. On the other hand, a classical Peating diet as very high carb with fructose, calcium, metabolic enhancers, and less serotonin-estrogen in general, necessitate much more higher mineral base than traditional eating since traditional dieting includes lots of metabolic halting. Such need may necessitate ridiculous amount of copper, and corresponding other traces.

~

Mainstream anti-sugar propaganda advices low sugar fruits like berries. And they may have a fragment of truth in that advice.

Everyone of us is pulled to the bio-energetics with a peculiar type of experience, of sugar if perfectly utilized gives a certain sense of being re-created with a new sensitivity established, with childhood memories, extreme connection to the world, time dilatation, feeling of flow and alignment, and so on.

Yet, many people also note extreme sensitivity to strenuous activity, losing motivation and drive, and pulled into a sedentary life, especially with mostly milk and oranges based diet conducted long time. I can describe the feeling as a burnt out feeling of muscle fibers, certain dryness, muscle and thinking fibers being somewhat incapable of complete movement having both concentric and eccentric parts. Only startings occur, but focus, robustness, closure is lost. The feeling is at its peak if only pure sugar or honey is used, or excessive aspirin, t3 or metabolic substances is used without cooked food or soups, or without shellfish.

I now see that the condition immediately changes and revert back its powerful original version, if one changes oranges with pomegranates, or pineapples, or if one eats a squid meal, but not red meat, nor liver. Experientially, I have come into conclusion that, the feeling must coincide with copper among the traces.

Let me posit the ratio as copper per 100 grams of carbs, either sugar or starch. and for the greens or proteins, I choosed in cronometer copper per 30 grams for protein since using the carb amount will render ridiculous amounts, such as 9 kgs of spinach--but this fact shows greens have very high mineral base and must be utilized. So, looking at the ratios:

cop.jpg
Here the situation is very clear. Some fruits are very high, while oranges are low--I did not include nontropicals, but they are mostly lower than oranges. Vegetables as less-sweet fruits, say zucchini and tomato, support oxidation and have much more copper than the sweet fruits, by providing enough mineral base. The same issue is seen in the sprouted versions of the legumes, since excess starch is used up for the germination, resulting plant is much more higher in copper. Remember Peat esoterics such as oat bran or potato juice, all are reduced in starch content, hence copper ratio becomes higher per carb content. This is also the case with mushrooms, no wonder it is highly popular despite its clear anti-thyroid action in continued use.

Another issue, I feel fructose is much more mineral depleting, anti-sugar propaganda would relate it to its being a poison. But here, we know it is because of its metabolic enhancing effect, it uses the body mineral structure, probably mobilizing and displacing copper. High calcium and lactose containing milk induces much less burnt-out feeling of muscles, but it still contributes it. On the other hand, starch may be the least contributing carb since it has a insulinogenic effect, using the centrifugal pathways of endocrine system, hence acting as an anti-metabolic, necessitating less copper. Remember, per 100 grams of carbs potato have 0.7 mg copper while oranges have 0.5, thinking of anti-estrogenic and pro-metabolic effect of the latter, oranges must necessitate much more copper, or else, it can induce body temp drop. And such drop is noted by the many here.

The main context problem and the main contradiction becomes this:

Fruit, especially oranges, and milk as base prometabolic foods, without copper and mineral base, may act as a cooling food, while in correct mineral context will act as a warming food.

This may be the missing puzzle piece. And one must separate two experiences. (1) sugar causing stress hormones melt away and bringing protective inhibition and calmness, sometimes showing itself as sleep. (2) sugar and high oxidative potential coming from calcium and pro-metabolic nutrition causing mineral structure to be depleted and creating certain type of burnt out dry feeling.

But in general, this is striking, certain mineraly, sweet, bright flavor of cooked foods coupled with "comforting" "warming" feeling is caused by copper and high other traces. And this is always seeked and even experienced everyday in traditional eating. While one seeks for special experience and extreme separation of elementality, one can forget the basic experience of human traditional eating. Harvested copper, coming from various plant parts, made into soups. And that is a special type of sweet, not of sugary type, but of a earthy, mineraly, bright. No wonder for a long time, I am somewhat craving constantly specifically that taste.

So, Peat has something when saying at 14:27:

View: https://youtu.be/zZCgpw6_sRA?t=867

And in numerous places, he was emphasizing the importance of taking high minerals, more important than the oxalates or other irritants-plant toxins in general. Or importance of copper for not to accumulate too much iron, or vice versa. Or t3 using copper in order to work. So, in order to maintain eu-thyroid activity, here I am proposing that high sugar oxidative diet must be supported with low-sugar fruits as vegetables, or with other plant parts, cooked, detoxified, sometimes de-fibered by creating concentrated broths, even if and precisely if they may bring some toxicity. Such toxicity must be handled by the high copper, providing gut regenerating power, hence maintaining one for staying outside of extreme elimination diet. If the guts becomes more inflamed than the high copper's benefit, than one will switch into more eliminative classical peating diet, and such transitions may occur even in the course of one day.

This may be a new aproach to the issue of plant anti-metabolics and may explain why plant anti-metabolics are highly selected throughout traditional eating patterns.

It may explain why the user @olive's diet was the perfect example of this, or why cooked tomato broth may be a good staple for a peat diet. Or the threads by Amazoniac or @Twohandsondeck. Or why some feel much better when using some pomegranate instead of all oranges, as far as I remember this was the experience of @CLASH. Or others noting that they replenish something when eating sprouted lentils.

But by all means, one has to experiment, I will probably post the results of both using various plant parts, de-starching, and sprouting.

For a different, longer take:

OP
electricsematic
Ayurveda and traditional Chinese medicine unite!
I am not that versed in those, but would like to hear how they can communicate with modern energetic view.

Differential transition between hot and cold, which is high oxidative and low oxidative states, every temperament-type must be derived from. Derivative of the curve may be different in each context. Which may be definitive in the CO2 creating a positive feedback loop, or vice versa in the lack of it.

Ancient differential views sometimes loses the track, look at Heraclitus:
All things warm cools, all things cool warms. Yet, high and low metabolism must be qualitatively different, this must be the first principle of the science of life, if the science itself lives.

Dryness or moistness highly resembles anti-estrogenic-turgor-structured water versus estrogenic tissue to me.

And it is highly intriguing to see that almost all the cooling warming scale is either due to anti-thyroid-icity state or cu / carb ratio. And in that scales, most fruit are half incorrectly placed into cooling category. But let us separate the dynamics into oxidative load and oxidative base, load as sugar, t3, caffeine/aspirin, calcium, b1&b3 and other water solubles, and base as copper&trace minerals, fat solubles, quinones apart from co2. This would guarantee the importance of high load, but also their alignment.

Where co2 exactly lies in that dichotomy, I do not know. This must be the exact feedback problem in question, a problem of a dynamic-differential nature. One may need to draw the vortex dynamics, a #todo for future.

Very interesting, in last few days, both summer squash and turnips and scallions immediately reversed that demineralized/tired state for me. Even though tiny amount of starch made me irritable, high mineral base in those,

respectively 2.5, 1.9, and 1.8 mg-Cu:per-100-g-carb (oranges and milk were 0.5),

suddenly changes all experience of "peating", resetting the taste of oranges back to the start of "peating." Before that, I was started to not tolerating the taste, it was almost burning, demineralizing. After the re-mineralization, a sharp vision and fast change in environment due to re-vitalized motility occurs.

It is highly intriguing that tastes can suddenly change when organic homeostasis suddenly centralized, aligned.

And one must note that Ray's selection of small turnips, mainly for taste reasons, may open a huge window of possibilities regarding supporting correct mineral state in body.

I should add that, top parts of scallions, and very small turnips have the least amount of starch respective to other mineraly-non-fruits, and may be necessary staples for a high oxidative load classical peating.

BRMarshall

@electricsematic
This is very interesting thoughts and as your blog appears to be.

This book may be of interest.

Cayennepepper

eating 4 oz of liver a week helps me have enough copper and vitamin A. But during the winter, this much retinol will cause dandruff for me. Orange juice has anti thyroid flavones in it, so i try not to drink too much. Its high in B vitamins and potassium tho so a quart a day seems beneficial to me. I also crave much less meat when its warm out, but eat maybe a half lb of beef a day so that i can have some good zinc and something salty too. I dont like oysters, the canned ones give me histamine issues, and the raw ones are too much to deal with. I also drink a lot of milk and coffee, but all of this liquid can elicit adrenaline if i dont go on many walks, get lots of sunshine, and focus on being positive. Thyroid supplement makes me crazy lol. I also take magnesium taurate which helps a lot. I stay away from all other supplements, they just complicate things too much. The real issue i have is environmental, work stress, people being stressful, and the winter.

TheSir

Thoughtful post. You might already be aware of this, but In HTMA copper is routinely given to those in fast oxidation as means of balancing their oxidation rate. The basic Peatarian staples definitely speed up one's rate, so favoring copper heavy foods could very well bring some balance to the equation.

Sascha6990

Thank you for this post. Explains why I enjoy drinking mixed pomegranate and orange juice a lot more than plain orange juice. I love it when my food intuition proves itself to be correct 🤩

LUH 3417

Wow this is brilliant. I feel so hot and dry following peat recommendations for several years. Literally like a burnt hot taste in my mouth all the time, as if I have lots of internal heat but can’t use the heat to warm the surface of my body or expand outward. Lately I’ve been craving and eats lots of cucumber and zucchini. That bright mineral elemental flavor feels like honey coating my insides.

Limon9

Chocolate has much more copper-per-carb than any of these vegetables. Does it count differently because of the considerable iron content?

OP
electricsematic
Liver has 3x the amount of copper as squid?
Two concerns:

1. Liver has too much heme iron, after miniscule amounts like 10-15 grams, I cannot feel the rejuvenating effect of copper since too much iron is forced into the system. A lot of people commented induced hypothyroidism after eating large doses of liver. I suspect some part of the copper is unusable, contributing to its blue-bitter taste. It is a bit of a gamble, some livers taste better, and mineralizes better. After a long period of weekly and even for a time, daily supplementing both cooked and raw forms, I lost the cravings for liver. And iron forcing must be experimented both in its raw and cooked version, with a very little amounts I think.

And looking at ratio per 10 grams of protein, let us say a portion, 70 grams of squid, versus 35 grams of liver:

Cu : Fe, in mg
squid, 70 grams: 1.3 : 0.5. -> 2.6
liver, 35 grams: 5.0 : 2.3. -> 2.17

As far as I remember one loses 1-2 mg of iron in a day, a little liver goes a long way in metabolism.

Especially thinking into the terms of the exact form of iron, also contributing to the color of the tissue, probably all shellfish has much less heme iron.

So the exact difference of 2.6 - 2.17 may be much higher. And very little difference in initial conditions will become much higher in the differential dynamics between copper and iron. Since the latters forcing hinders the usage of first. Experience for me has usually shown that squid is much more rejuvenating, while liver gives somewhat a burden or heavyness, if one was not craving it heavily for a long time.

2. Most importantly, in the disfavor of squid, plant copper feels quite different than than the animal one. The animal one feels as a supplement rather than a daily nutrient. Daily supplementation with animal protein may act as too much of an anti-thyroid, due to toxic protein load, or putrefaction, histamine, anti-nutrient, anti-copper potential.

* Glycine intake, interestingly, resembles copper ingestion experience-wise. Or more correctly, it includes just one aspect of the experience of ingested copper--all skin tissue smoothens immediately. You feels rejuvenated, elastic, and connected, probably remembering childhood elasticity. (Same rejuvenation is reported with de-starched cooked potato juice.) Copper forcing the connective tissue formation cascade from its beginning stages, while glycine is the result of the cascade in its later stages. This means, if plant mineral is lacking, the lack can be band-aided with glycine supplementation.

This also explains my symptoms of de-elasticization with less mineral diet, realizing itself as seemingly unresponsive valve problems. And it also explains the success of raw animal tissue based eating. The undenatured animal protein is much less copper depleting---this is the reason why carnivore-ly disposed people can only tolerate raw milk and not cooked milk. In the same vein, every carnivore dieting must thrust itself logically either into raw primal eating or into glycine supplementation. But in the both places, one can also be thrown into high putrefactory states, contributing into tissue being eaten serotonergically, necessitating much more supplementation of connective tissue in a negative feedback loop. Or excessive need of anti-serotonin interventions.

OP
electricsematic
Chocolate has much more copper-per-carb than any of these vegetables. Does it count differently because of the considerable iron content?
for cu: fe: zn,
per 100 gr carb,

Oranges has 0.5 : 1 : 0.7
A pineapple has 1 : 2.6 : 1.1

Tomato 2.4 : 10.8 : 6.8
Zucchini 2.6 : 18.1 : 15.7
green beans 1.7 : 24.7 : 5.8

while cocoa powder, for 100 grams of carbs,
18.9 : 69.3 : 34.0
for a reasonable portion, 25 grams bulk,
0.9 : 3.5 : 1.7

Cocoa has not much higher cu:zn and cu:fe ratio to non-sweet fruits though higher than fruits. For instance, green beans feels very good and rejuvenating even though it forces with much more non-heme iron than cocoa powder in terms of ratio. On the other hand oranges does not give that copper rejuvenation feeling though it has 1:2 to ratio of cu:fe, due to less amounts of them rather than the ratio. Ratio and amounts have a curious relations, stating a real problem of differentials. Plus, both are non-heme, and absorption of non-heme must be tenfolds lower than the heme with different transformation mechanism again governed by copper, hence both must be remain below the maximum iron input for the body.

~

I suspect the problem with cocoa either comes from heavy metals or seed-toxicity, in very little amounts it has much more toxicity than all, though probably less than non-sprouted legumes in miniscule amounts, for higher amounts, probably toxicity of legumes will be lower than cocoa.

For the heavy metal part, most chocolate usually makes me manic and non-sensitive to environment, usually crashing few hours later. For the seed-toxicity aspect, one may think of making stews for cocoa powder to reduce its toxicity, and, haha, why not to sprout whole cocoa beans?

And further, what if we sprout coffee, will it still has progesterone-like effects?

Plant progesterones and seeding or sprouting, whether increased or decreased, depending on whether it is in a preparation for Decay-cooling processes (necessitating for instance low heat liquid signalling resulting in the presence of PUFA, or necessitating defence of seed resulting in anti-throids for other organism), or in a preparation for Growth-heating processes (necessitating self-detoxification or self-protective-inhibition or centripetalization which must result in aspirin-progesterone like substances), may show something with respect to positive feedback relation between CO2-calcium-activation and mineral usage in liquid crystal state of organism.

~

Currently preparing an excel sheet for such ratios for an easy lookup, it may be useful for future experimentations.

Last edited:

Mr Joe

I don't understand where Ray switched to "High" vegetables ? It was the end of his life and tried to reduce meat as he didnt need more (less active life, less activity and muscles, less weight) so he tried some vegetables (boiled). Lets hope no thread comes after a year "Was Ray going to become Vegan at the end ?". Him experimenting things doesnt really mean it was true or the right thing to do. He could also have tried taking DHT and see if it reverse aging. It's not an attack against the OP, just a global take about many reads of people that wants to change all Peat philosophy and success just because he experimented few things before his death. I am not an expert but agree with most thing regarding cooper, seems that Liver and Sea food has a lot no ? Also whats the problem with Grenades in RP word ? Is it because of the grains that might cause gut irritation ?

lvysaur

Indian cuisines have a tradition of cooking in copper cookware

I've noticed that specifically cucumber gives me good moods, and it's very immediate and obvious.
There's nothing cucumber has that spinach and zucchini don't have, according to your chart. The only difference is that I eat cucumbers raw.

There are so many things unknown to science.

youngsinatra

Through my throughout experimentations with copper, I believe that copper status has almost nothing to do with dietary intake. (except if you are on a muscle-meat only carnivore diet)

Copper‘s mobilization and utilization is almost exclusively regulated by the thyroid and adrenal glands.

If you have adrenal exhaustion and/or low thyroid, then you will have copper dysregulation ie. poor copper utilization from the liver. (low blood values - high storage)

Some people feel good from copper, because it momentarily raises serum copper, but the body usually rapidly clear copper from the blood stream and sends it to the liver, where it *should* be largely manifactured and hooked onto transport proteins like ceruloplasmin. But if you have low thyroid and/or exhausted adrenals, then there is reduced synthesis of Cp.

cjm

@electricsematic I made this comment on your blog:

You are filling in a major gap for me with the emphasis on copper. I imagine a lot of folks that come to Peat get mired in the land of milk and OJ, treating "Peating" as an intellectual exercise, and wonder why they don’t feel consistently better. I relate to the dry, burnt-out feeling (never knew what to call it but "only startings occur, but focus, robustness, closure is lost" is a concise summary.) I am recovering from orthorexia, shunning any food with a hint of anti-nutrients. Even as I slowly chip away at my dietary restrictions, I never made this connection, that copper was calcium’s brother-in-arms.

From your article:

“others noting that they replenish something when eating sprouted lentils”

“cooked tomato broth may be a good staple for a peat diet”

I have been making lentil “hashbrowns” and a creamy tomato soup, for about a week now, and just thought today to combine them: creamy tomato sprouted lentil (pureed) soup.

These foods are bringing me back to life and finally things are starting to make the right sense, as Peat said.

cjm

@electricsematic Regular copper supplementation (8mg/d) in lieu of ensuring such a ridiculous amount in my diet has been working to sustain a natural cycle of startings and closings in my life. There is a backlog of closure (detoxification, elimination) and new beginnings are fewer and less often but wider and deeper, so to speak.

I believe adequate copper has normalized my calcium requirement. I regain nervous balance quickly after acute stress on around 2 grams a day, after a few weeks needing ~5 g to level out periodic adrenaline spikes.

Last edited:

Ainaga

possibly why many feel much better over time, sometimes over a very long time, when dropping coffee (?).

cjm

This is a mention of copper's electronic role in bone from a book @Nick recommended to me that I've become obsessed with.

Robert Becker [The Body Electric] meets Albert Szent-Gyorgyi:

1690583405374.png

[The Invisible Rainbow, p. 142]

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals