Theory, which may explain copper toxicity/deficiency/low cerruloplasmin

youngsinatra

Somewhere I saw studies that vitamin A disrupts the conversion to EPA. Also, according to this study, VA increases the concentration of PUFA in serum and their oxidation. Low levels of o3 are most likely the result of their strong oxidation(the same applies to low levels of carotenoids in various disorders.

Interesting stuff, thanks a lot.

OP
D

Daniil

I had vivid dreams today after mutton meat (low B6). It's definitely B12.

OP
D

Daniil

I found that I also have strange dreams after starch (I haven't eaten starches for a long time). I assume that these are oxalates.

Nomane Euger

I found that I also have strange dreams after starch (I haven't eaten starches for a long time). I assume that these are oxalates.
hi,how were they strange

Blue Water

I have been studying the topic of copper for a long time. I previously linked copper toxicity to my, ADHD(ADHD and copper toxicity). But I also have low cerruloplasmin and copper deficiency symptoms such as fatigue and balance problems. I intuitively understood that a person can be toxic and deficient in copper at the same time, but I could not find an explanation for this. I also noticed that among ex-vegans there are many copper-toxic ones.

So my guess is that copper sources can be divided into 2 parts. "Toxic" copper from plant sources such as cereals, seeds, nuts, mushrooms, legumes, chocolate. Copper from supplements too. This copper must be bound to a carrier protein in the body. For example, cerruloplasmin. But, if a person lacks of vitamins, for example B1 or B12; or some other unknown cofactors; or some kind of genetic limitation... A person will accumulate this "toxic" copper.
And there is "good" copper, that's already associated with functional proteins. We can get it from animal products, from meat.

It seems that animals in nature, such as primates, get mostly "good" copper from animal sources, while only humans eat legumes, nuts, chocolate, etc. in large quantities.

In general, if you have copper toxicity, I think, you should focus on the "good" copper and avoid the "bad".

Some people wrote that their cerruloplasmin went up after they started chelating copper. I think that an excess of "toxic" copper itself can create problems with copper metabolism, which is one more reason to avoid it.

About the beef liver. The liver is known to store excess copper, so it is likely to contain a lot of both "good" and "bad" copper. Therefore, I do not recommend eating it. The kidneys, I think, are the same.

I'm not sure about molluscs. They are very different from mammals and can use other functional proteins, so I don't know if it's worth eating them or not... I think we should try to eat mammalian meat. I think the best sources of copper we have are beef heart and tongue. If you eat a lot of muscle meat, you should also get enough good copper.

By the way, the database I use states that venison and goat meat contain much more copper than beef.

In general, I suggest a diet of white rice, meat, beef heart, tongue. Dairy products, if you like. But make sure you get enough copper.

Be careful with sugar, because it can deplete copper:

@BearWithMe @Motif @Astolfo
I have borderline low serum copper (73). That's because I have low plasma copper and low Ceruloplasmin, but I have normal RBC copper. Also I have high serum iron and transferrin saturation, so obviously something is going on here. Iron and copper are important because Ceruloplasmin helps to transport iron into transferrin.