ADHD and copper toxicity

OP
D

Daniil

Now I tried to take pregnenolone. It's really calming. But I don't really believe that this has reduced copper so quickly.

OP
D

Daniil

This study found a link between histamine and ADHD, as well as hemoglobin(iron, B12 ?) I wouldn't put much emphasis on measuring serotonin in the blood.

Astolfo

I have asperger's and had a very bad chronic anxiety disorder back in 2018 until I took that antidepressant. After a month on half dose fluoxetine, everything gone downhill. I lost my intelligence and deteriorated in every aspect of health. Now I have motor control problems, frequent myoclonus and sometimes involunteraly muscle movements. I got literal progressive brain damage but still I don't know why. My blood test in 2019 showed low ceruloplasmin 17 (14-37). And my blood test showed lowish copper and highish zinc in 2021. Zinc to copper ratio was 0.8. I also have consistently high blood calcium and magnesium levels. And highish iron levels since iron supplementation back in 2016.

Newborns, who have a very high rate of metabolism, have relatively low calcium levels. As we age, the body begins to apply the calcium brake. As copper builds up, the calcium and magnesium levels rise while the sodium and potassium levels decline. The rise in calcium in the tissues is a defense against the chronic stress that is the cause and effect of copper toxicity.
I have developed allergy and sneezing every time after I eat food, so I think I have histamine issues too. But I can't believe I'm copper toxic because my brain is extremely de-wired and calm instead of wired/anxious (the usual copper toxic feeling). I can't say I'm copper deficienct too because I should have had recovered from eating occasional liver or bitter chocolates. I get better cognitive functioning from copper rich things but they subside after a short time (cacao, liver, beans)

I have been taking daily 60 mg zinc and 1 gr vitamin C but it seems it's making me even dumber and fastening my motor deteoriation.

OP
D

Daniil

I have asperger's and had a very bad chronic anxiety disorder back in 2018 until I took that antidepressant. After a month on half dose fluoxetine, everything gone downhill. I lost my intelligence and deteriorated in every aspect of health. Now I have motor control problems, frequent myoclonus and sometimes involunteraly muscle movements. I got literal progressive brain damage but still I don't know why. My blood test in 2019 showed low ceruloplasmin 17 (14-37). And my blood test showed lowish copper and highish zinc in 2021. Zinc to copper ratio was 0.8. I also have consistently high blood calcium and magnesium levels. And highish iron levels since iron supplementation back in 2016.

I have developed allergy and sneezing every time after I eat food, so I think I have histamine issues too. But I can't believe I'm copper toxic because my brain is extremely de-wired and calm instead of wired/anxious (the usual copper toxic feeling). I can't say I'm copper deficienct too because I should have had recovered from eating occasional liver or bitter chocolates. I get better cognitive functioning from copper rich things but they subside after a short time (cacao, liver, beans)

I have been taking daily 60 mg zinc and 1 gr vitamin C but it seems it's making me even dumber and fastening my motor deteoriation.
Hi, did you count the level of free copper? What is he like?

Astolfo

Hi, did you count the level of free copper? What is he like?
hi, I couldn't get my ceruloplasmin checked again. That test was done in 2019.

Copper: 90 (Ref: 70-160) 2/9/2021
Zinc: 104 (Ref:60-120) 2/9/2021

I forgot to say that, I had highish progesterone (0,5) and prolactin in 2019. And, now my progesterone is at 0.9. It's nearly doubled in 2 years. My ACTH is on the lower end also.

OP
D

Daniil

I forgot to say that, I had highish progesterone (0,5) and prolactin in 2019. And, now my progesterone is at 0.9. It's nearly doubled in 2 years. My ACTH is on the lower end also.
It would be good to get fresh analyses of copper and cerruloplasmin. What are your TSH, PTH, and sodium-potassium levels? are your kidneys all right? A general blood test?

OP
D

Daniil

I also had a high level of prolactin before, but lowering it didn't do me any good.

OP
D

Daniil

Interestingly, I definitely feel anxious, but my progesterone is very low and drinking pregnenolone seems to be calming

Astolfo

It would be good to get fresh analyses of copper and cerruloplasmin. What are your TSH, PTH, and sodium-potassium levels? are your kidneys all right? A general blood test?
I wish to get a new blood test but it doesn't seem to be happen in anytime soon. My TSH is in range and potassium is fluctuating. at one time it came as 5.6 and gradually dropped to 3.9. It was about 4.0 in the last test.

My eGFR was very high and creatinine low.

OP
D

Daniil

OP
D

Daniil

I wish to get a new blood test but it doesn't seem to be happen in anytime soon. My TSH is in range and potassium is fluctuating. at one time it came as 5.6 and gradually dropped to 3.9. It was about 4.0 in the last test.

My eGFR was very high and creatinine low.
Thank you, keep us informed about the tests

Gustav3Y

This might explain why some people feel "wired" when they eat gelatin. I've also noticed this in the past, that I get some anxiety after eating gelatin. Even though gelatin is supposed to be calming because of the high glycine content.
Yeah, but Glycine also can cause a bit of anxiety in some and has been reported. But saying these things is a bit going against what many people stand for and will be taken not so well as information.
I remember at some point I was trying to take like 1gram of Glycine before going to the store and I felt the anxiety was enhanced each time I did that, so I stopped.

Gustav3Y

Interestingly, I definitely feel anxious, but my progesterone is very low and drinking pregnenolone seems to be calming
How much pregnenolone?
Also keep on eye on some that after quitting pregnenolone got some not so good effects due to whatever reasons we can speculate.

Astolfo

I think this is why brain toxicities can cause bad things in the body , since lets say if you got high brain copper

this will cause the body to bind estrogen , and you will get low estrogen and low bioavailable copper in the rest of the body.

this is why when ceruloplasmin is low, usually if people take copper it goes even lower.

OP
D

Daniil

"In the brain, norepinephrine increases arousal and alertness, promotes vigilance, enhances formation and retrieval of memory, and focuses attention; it also increases restlessness and anxiety. "

In general, this is really similar to the symptoms of ADHD(see diagram).

Astolfo

"In the brain, norepinephrine increases arousal and alertness, promotes vigilance, enhances formation and retrieval of memory, and focuses attention; it also increases restlessness and anxiety. "

In general, this is really similar to the symptoms of ADHD(see diagram).
I'm deficient in noradrenaline then.

OP
D

Daniil

What was your serum level of cerruloplasmin and copper when you tested them together?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals