The Copper Detoxification Log

Quelsatron

Yes that seems like a good idea! Lately I‘ve had periods of high visual acuity and clarity.

I personally will try a few days without zinc, because my dietary intake is 50mg roughly and only have like 3mg dietary copper, which should be fine. I think B3 as niacinamide is cool for opposing the effects of copper. (acting as a methyl sink)
I bought some red bulls because I found them cheap enough that the glowing reviews from some of the other forum users were enough to convince me. Call me superstitious, but I really think something being a common foodstuff makes it 100 times safer than a supplement, and red bull still has more than than the RDA of many of the b vitamins, so that might help a bit.

Ben.

I bought some red bulls because I found them cheap enough that the glowing reviews from some of the other forum users were enough to convince me. Call me superstitious, but I really think something being a common foodstuff makes it 100 times safer than a supplement, and red bull still has more than than the RDA of many of the b vitamins, so that might help a bit.

It also contains taurin i think.

But idk if supplementing zinc and eating tons of meats could be problematic.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Taurine is probably helpful as it has positive effects on overall mineral balance. I think it also stimulates ceruloplasmin production, which might help with excess unbound copper.

I was exchanging with someone of the „Magnesium Advocacy Group“ from the RCP about copper toxicity and she said that it mainly is a problem of copper dysregulation with excess unbound copper, hindered to be incorporated into ceruloplasmin. She said that vitamin D / synthetic vitamin A / zinc / ascorbic acid / citric acid / iron supplementation are the main culprit for this problem. She said dropping vitamin D, A, zinc, molybdenum and starting incorporating real vitamin A (grass-fed butter or pure cod-liver oil) will help with lowering serum copper and increasing ceruloplasmin. She also sent me a reference about schizophrenia, where infusion with ceruloplasmin reversed the symptoms of the illness.

I said her that the recommend copper sources give me symptoms and she said that I should focus on real food retinol first, because my system already has enough stored copper, but is not yet bioavailable.

I interestingly started eating lots of grass-fed butter with my meals the last week (around 80-100g a day) and I feel a lot better. I stopped vitamin D about one week ago.

To be continued…

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

See Attachments.

Attachments

• Studies On The Role Of Cerulopasmin In Schizophrenia.pdf
    663.9 KB · Views: 37

CrackLord

Oh boy high doses . For long period of time ,I think I went up to almost 100mg of zinc per day.
B6 maybe 30mg P5P . I think I made myself deficient in other b vitamins (especially b2)

I found that I actually need copper .
I had good results with mitosynergy. But it's expensive.
Interesting. I was taking high doses of the same a few years ago. Your story sounds almost identical to mine. I got a hair mineral analysis result recently that showed I was very low in copper. I’ve heard this can happen to people too who eat tons of meat (no organs) and not much vegetables or shellfish (which has always been my case until I became more Peat style).

I have a lot of symptoms of low copper, if not, all of them.

Just got my hands on MitoSynergy. Was wondering how long it took for you on it to see improvements and which version of it did you take?

Mauritio

Interesting. I was taking high doses of the same a few years ago. Your story sounds almost identical to mine. I got a hair mineral analysis result recently that showed I was very low in copper. I’ve heard this can happen to people too who eat tons of meat (no organs) and not much vegetables or shellfish (which has always been my case until I became more Peat style).

I have a lot of symptoms of low copper, if not, all of them.

Just got my hands on MitoSynergy. Was wondering how long it took for you on it to see improvements and which version of it did you take?
Did you also develope a varicose vein?

I took the extra strength ,simply because it was the least expensive at that time. I saw results within the first few days.

CrackLord

Did you also develope a varicose vein?

I took the extra strength ,simply because it was the least expensive at that time. I saw results within the first few days.
No didn’t get that. Just the symptoms of anemia, also low cobalt which is another sign of anemia but not the cause like copper is. I also have had slightly low iron that seems to not go up easily, despite me eating tons of red meat and even liver sometimes.

I got the original formula for now. Just on day two. Hoping it works some magic.

Ihor

@youngsinatra Or I missed the place with your test results, or what is the point of seriously wasting time on copper detoxification if you don't have at least copper and ceruloplasmin tests?

Chophouse360

Hello everyone,

I already have another thread on the forum („The Abundant Energy Legacy“), but I want to open up a new thread just regarding my copper detoxification experience. I think the topic deserves much more attention and awareness.

So to begin with..
A few months ago I developed severe histapenia (low histamine) symptoms, caused by a high copper diet. (lots of daily beef liver, mushrooms, potatoes, whole food vitamin C)

The symptoms of histapenia or copper toxicity include:
- Anxiety / Panic Disorder
- Emotional Numbness
- Phases Of Mania / Energy Pulses
- Low Libido
- Hard Time Reaching Orgasm (If At All)
- Low Metabolism / Thyroid
- Intolerance Of Cold
- Cold Hands And Feet
- Inability To Handle Stress
- Irritability
- Excessive Anger
- Low Motivation
- Low Achiever
- High Creativity
- Oftentimes Really Religious
- Hallucinations / Distortion of Perception
- Psychosis
- Schizophrenia
- Canker Sores
- Heavy Growth Of Body Hair
- Ideas Of Grandeur
- Undue Suspicions Of People Or Government
- Racing Thoughts
- Feeling That Someone Is Controlling Your Mind
- Ringing In Ears Or Tinnitus
- Dizziness / Vertigo / Free Floating Anxiety
- Many Food Sensitivities
- Lack Of Allergies
- Low Stomach Acid
- Digestive Issues
- Lack Of Concentration (ADHD)
- Wired But Tired
- Insomnia / Sleep Disturbance
- Restless Legs
- Intolerance Of SSRIs, Anti-Histamines, Estrogen Therapy
- Improvements On Benzodiazepines
- Improvements On High Dose Niacin Treatment

So quite a list. And I had nearly all symptoms + being on edge of developing psychosis.

Blood Tests To Evaluate:
- Whole Blood Histamine
- Basophils
- Serum Copper
- Serum Ceruloplasmin

It‘s typical to see low histamine (below 40ng/ml) with low basophils, elevated/normal serum copper, normal ceruloplasmin.
But many experts on CT say that copper can even appear low on a blood test but is high in the stored tissues. So symptoms and possible HTMA can further help with diagnosis.
Copper toxicity also sometimes leads to low ceruloplasmin.

Treatment:
I stopped the high copper diet and immediately got on a high zinc diet (lots of lean beef) with with white rice / peeled potatoes / some orange juice / salt.
I aimed for a total zinc intake of 100mg a day. 50mg through diet and 50mg via supplementation.
I also included 500mcg of molybdenum in the morning and in the evenings for excretion of copper.
To improve the symptoms quickly I started on high dose niacin(amide) with 3 x 1 - 1.5g a day. This will help raising histamines and quenching excess methylation by high copper.
Vitamin C should be supplied via diet or even potentially by supplementation as copper destroys vitamin C on contact. This can lead to adrenal fatigue or burnout because it‘s the main storage side for vitamin C.
Vitamin C can also lower histamines though, so experimentation is needed in my opinion.
P5P-B6 can help with the utilization of zinc.

For more informations:

Check out the work of Dr. Carl Pfeiffer, Dr. Abram Hoffer, Dr. Rick Malter PhD, Rick Fischer, Ann Louise Gittleman, Dr. Mensah.
So taking that much Zinc a day isn’t bad?

Kykeon

It also contains taurin i think.

But idk if supplementing zinc and eating tons of meats could be problematic.
the normal sized cans contain 1g of taurine and citric acid is higher up the list of ingredients, so there is more than 1 g of citric acid in a 250ml can of red bull. compared to orange juices that seems to be ok, but the origin of the citric acid can be questionable. From my novice calculation the content in the same amount in 250ml of orange juice gets over 2g of citric acid (can vary a lot). Red bull has a ph value of 3.3 and that will corrode the aluminium, i dont think it is good to drink a lot of red bull and i wonder how much aluminum ends up in the drink and how the citric acid can affect the mobility of the aluminum in the body, especially leading to more uptake of it (the aluminium) in the brain.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

@youngsinatra Or I missed the place with your test results, or what is the point of seriously wasting time on copper detoxification if you don't have at least copper and ceruloplasmin tests?
Oops totally forgot to post here:

Free copper: 2.6 µmol/L (Ref: 1.3 - 1.9 µmol/L) E
Ceruloplasmin: 22 μg/dL (Ref: 18-35 μg/dL) N

But in my opinion blood tests are not necessarily accurate. Copper in tissue can be high in the liver and brain and so on.

I am unsure about the retinol recommendation from the RCP instructor. I took retinol supplements for a year+ at doses ranging from 25-50K IU daily, and I had times where toxicity symptoms kicked hard - head pressure, yellow calluses, dizziness, dry skin, increased skin shedding, cracked lips, bone pain, worse teeth health. I stopped the A supplementation a while ago and keep dietary A rather low. (except some butter and low-fat milk, but might exchange that with some real olive oil)

Wishing y‘all a great weekend!

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

So taking that much Zinc a day isn’t bad?
Haidut has many posts about zinc supplementation in high doses. Just search „zinc“ from user „haidut“ and you‘ll find a lot of material.

Quelsatron

For some reason I have strong morning wood after eating just meat for dinner (pork ribs/chicken wings). Histidine making itself known?

Quelsatron

For some reason I have strong morning wood after eating just meat for dinner (pork ribs/chicken wings). Histidine making itself known?
whoopsie doopsie, I felt the need to uh, use the opportunity and now I'm feeling very sedated. This isn't new either, ever since the Bad Times started I've had this extreme postorgasmic response fairly consistently, and I think it's sort of the same sluggish feeling I got from those anti-histamines. Must have something to do with prolactin, I bet.

Quelsatron

ate quite a few eggs the last few days for choline/folate/whatever else, yesterday I felt ******* amazing, a true return to form. I feel pretty good today too but my breakfast was too hard to digest so I became instantly tired after consumption, going to avoid that tomorrow. I also got some kind of flu or cold just a month after my last cold (have only been sick 3 times since the start of 2020 and only in connection to attempting to detox from liver), so I wonder if chronic low histamine will result in some kind of purge as the immune system wakes up and sees all the latent infections or bacterial debris?

Quelsatron

ate quite a few eggs the last few days for choline/folate/whatever else, yesterday I felt ******* amazing, a true return to form. I feel pretty good today too but my breakfast was too hard to digest so I became instantly tired after consumption, going to avoid that tomorrow. I also got some kind of flu or cold just a month after my last cold (have only been sick 3 times since the start of 2020 and only in connection to attempting to detox from liver), so I wonder if chronic low histamine will result in some kind of purge as the immune system wakes up and sees all the latent infections or bacterial debris?
The flu passed and with it my high spirits, I now feel just like before. Very frustrating. Last time I got sick, i ate liver paté, but apparently it's made on pork liver which is low in copper, so the 20 grams or so that I ate had like 0.2 mg copper. Maybe the vitamin A was doing something, like with the eggs i ate now. This is really annoying.

InChristAlone

Started taking thiamine and niacinamide last week at just 70mg a day and woke up with a head cold this morning. Hadn't been sick in 2.75 yrs. And the two days before this I had super high sex drive like a teenager again.

Last edited:

redsun

Started taking thiamine and niacinamide last week at just 70mg a day and woke up with a head cold this morning. Hadn't been sick in 2.75 yrs. And the two days before this I had super high sex drive like a teenager again.

We underestimate the need for a more parasympathetic state, as most people chronically live in sympathetic dominance.

InChristAlone

We underestimate the need for a more parasympathetic state, as most people chronically live in sympathetic dominance.
So do you think the niacinamide helped achieve that?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals