High Veg/fruits/carbs Very Low Fat For Insuline Sensitivity: Mastering Diabetis Khambatta & Barbaro

Xisca

Hi there!
What do you think about this diet in general?
They do notice that high carb needs very low fat to work and change insuline sensitivity.
I am interested by learning more about why fat changes this, in CONTEXT and especially for which kind of person...

Also Denise Minger concluded that in the world it could be seen better results with either high fat or high carb, but not that much with a mix of the 2....

Maybe in north a solution could be to eat high fruit in summer and autumn, and then high fat in winter, and then some nice herbs in spring, with some fasting, big salads, shake the body new, and then spring into high carbs when available!

Basically, I thought that it was a problem with burning sugar that made the body decide to burn fat, but I did not see why when burning fats, then the body cannot come back to burning enough sugar properly and fully.

Their last post was about how good potatoes are:
Potato Nutrition – 5 Common Potato Myths Debunked

But they were not nice when they spoke about eggs...
Egg Nutrition Facts – Understanding the Truth About Eggs

They say they are plant based, and I like they do not say vegetarian BTW...
And maybe it is because animal food have more fats than what they think good?
Or else what else about proteins?

Of course, they master diabetis, special context...
Let's see if we can get something interresting for the pre-ones, or just when having insuline sensitivity issues.

poilochio

I'm a typ 1 Diabetic ..always been muscular and ripped but not the best Glucose Levels ...have been following their tips for 2 weeks and have had AMAZING results . I do use lowfat dairy and gelatin

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I'm a typ 1 Diabetic ..always been muscular and ripped but not the best Glucose Levels ...have been following their tips for 2 weeks and have had AMAZING results . I do use lowfat dairy and gelatin
So you do a mix, because their diet is vegan!
That would be interesting to share what tips you used and what are you are happy about your results!

Actually I just do not understand how a plant based diet low fat diet can work, and then the most interesting would be to know for what sort of person it works...

EIRE24

That would be interesting to share what tips you used and what are you are happy about your results!

Actually I just do not understand how a plant based diet low fat diet can work, and then the most interesting would be to know for what sort of person it works...
I thought you did a low fat vegan diet?

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I thought you did a low fat vegan diet?
Me? High protein and reasonable fat. I just went down dairies and up the rest of proteins, eggs and meat and fish. But I went radically down for sugars, as I first need to get rid of any digestive issues.

Then I am quite high in green still...

But I stopped fruits only 1 month ago, after diminishing. As I was already starch free, the only sugar is raw carot. I do not eat full raw but as much as possible.

Last edited:

poilochio

Ok so i have been Typ 1 diabetic for 5 years . Since i have been been eating this way very high carb mostly Fruit around 500 -700 grams a day and protein at least 80 grams and fat around 20 grams sometimes even lower. I have had to reduce my long acting insulin from around 20 to 14 . And i have become so Insulin sensitive that for 3 units of fast acting insulin i can cover about 200 Grams of Carbs ..which before would cover maybe 40 to 60 grams max . I am still having allot of low sugar readings ..so i will go even lower on the Bolus Insulin
What amazed me the most is that on the weekends when i had more fat even pufa fried food .and way less Sugars ..my glucose levels sky rocketed..and it would take 1- 2 days to recover.

Last edited:
OP
Xisca

Xisca

What amazed me the most is that on the weekends when i had more fat even pufa fried food .and way less Sugars ..my glucose levels sky rocketed..and it would take 1- 2 days to recover.
So it has to do with fat and not protein?
Their plant based diet is low fat. But why no animal protein? They advocate lentils etc. What are your protein sources?

Reading your results make me feel happy! Very encouraging.

poilochio

Their plant based diet is low fat. But why no animal protein? They advocate lentils etc. What are your protein sources?

Yes i think in Diabetes fat is the Problem ...they do show some studies where AnimalProtein is having a negative effect on Insulin sensitivity but I'm not on-board with that "yet" since just by minimizing fat I'm having such great results i will keep doing what i do.

poilochio

Yes i believe in Diabetes Fat is the "bad guy"
They do show some studies on their youtubes where Animal Protein is also having negative effects on Insulin sensitivity .But as long as cutting fat to a minimum and having such great results ..i will just keep on doing what works so good

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals