Phosphorous = 93%

Potassium = 133%

Sodium = 12%

Zinc = 54.5

Copper = 214%

Manganesese = 775.5%

Selenium = 63.5%

From SELF Nutrition Data | Food Facts, Information & Calorie Calculator
I should have tabulated PUFA since this is the Ray Peat forum.

Milk and eggs and fruit are the only foods that don't involve killing something lol.

Elephanto

It's possible but extremely limited in terms of food options. Otherwise you're eating stuff that raise estrogen, histamine, serotonin, nitric oxide particularly kale & spinach, endotoxin load, poor digestion/defecation, either lack of protein or surplus of harmful amino acids (arginine is high in all plant protein sources).

Travis

It's possible but extremely limited in terms of food options. Otherwise you're eating stuff that raise estrogen, histamine, serotonin, nitric oxide particularly kale & spinach, endotoxin load, poor digestion/defecation, either lack of protein or surplus of harmful amino acids (arginine is high in all plant protein sources).

Endotoxin Load? Are you serious?
Vegans eliminate the foods highest in endotoxins. You are talking about Bacterial Endotoxins right?

Endotoxin Load? Are you serious?
Vegans eliminate the foods highest in endotoxins.

tumblr_inline_mjzd8b1MZ11r3i5of.gif

@Travis don't use swear words. This forum is mod'ed on that. Also, although I'm not vegan by definition, I consider myself a quasi-vegan because I eat mostly plant foods. And I'll tell you from experience, don't waste too much time arguing with some people who refuse to accept that there are many who eat the what I call proper, well planned, vegan diet based on fruit and starch and cooked greens and many other plant foods and thrive tremendously on it, and that there are way more of those successful vegans who are transparent online than high fat/high animal protein/keto/ or anti-plant food people who are proud of their results while there are hardly any of the opposite who are constantly updating their social media and transparent. The reason people get upset when you talk abut plant foods being healthy and optimal is because it makes them feel like what they're doing is wrong because they know on some level that you're right but they just don't want eat like you do, they enjoy the dopamine hit of the other foods far too much to give up or cut down. You should check out Doug Lisles talk "getting along without going along" where he very well demonstrates how to deal with people when you live a healthy lifestyle. But trust me, you won't convince staunch, anti-fiber, anti-lots of plant foods people. They don't wanna hear it. They think the cause of the top killers in the west is because everyone is eating a proper vegan diet. If they think that, you're wasting your time.

prank

... Also, although I'm not vegan by definition, I consider myself a quasi-vegan because I eat mostly plant foods ...The reason people get upset when you talk abut plant foods being healthy and optimal is because it makes them feel like what they're doing is wrong because they know on some level that you're right but they just don't want eat like you do, they enjoy the dopamine hit of the other foods far too much to give up or cut down.
Most importantly you've found a way to maintain the pomposity of being a vegan without actually needing to be one.

YuraCZ

Btw if some plant for example spinach has this amount of calcium, iron etc.. on the paper. It doesnt mean that it will all go to your bloodstream.. When you eat big whole plant based meal with huge amount of fiber. You will be lucky if you digest and absorb maybe 30%. We dont have digestive tract like cows.. On the other hand when you eat liver or eggs for example you will digest and absorb most of macro and micronutrients. Because in those foods isn't any but,if,maybe in terms of anti nutrients, fiber, proper preparation, chewing.. And still like I said it's hard to break down cellulose etc.. That's why you see people who trying to eat only whole grains, greens etc.. With bad teeth, skin, hair. They are unhealthy skinny without any muscle mass etc.. Because the body have hard time use nutrients from those foods.. Ripe fruits are different. They are in the same category like animal foods in term of good bioavailability of nutrients from them. So sticking with rice, roots, fruits and here and there some egg, organ meat, seafood.. Basically "Peat diet" lol :D

Last edited:

tara

Milk and eggs and fruit are the only foods that don't involve killing something lol.
Yeah, and they are the only foods that are specifically designed to be food.

Yeah, and they are the only foods that are specifically designed to be food.

I agree. And perhaps nuts although I'm not sure how those work, and probably something under the sea.

Travis

Is the egg-white food for the chick? And the Yolk the embryonic chick itself?

lol like Travis says. So only egg whites "are specifically designed to be food".. otherwise it doesn't make any sense heh..

Uhhh, The yolk in an egg is material of which the primary function is to supply food for the development of the animal embryo. The primary natural purpose of egg white is to protect the yolk and provide additional nutrition for the growth of the embryo (when fertilized).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals