ADHD and copper toxicity

Astolfo

What was your serum level of cerruloplasmin and copper when you tested them together?
I never tested them together. Ceruloplasmin came as 17 (15-34) 2 years ago. And copper was low-medium when I tested it a month ago.

Gustav3Y

Test them all together and also do a copper urine test also the same time.
Also test B12 and Vit A.

OP
D

Daniil

Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is associated with heavy metal exposure during adolescent development. However, the direct clinical evidence is limited. To investigate the possible association between environmental heavy metal exposure and ADHD, a case-control study was conducted with children aged 6–14 years in Guangzhou, China. Results showed that median concentrations of chromium (Cr), manganese (Mn), cobalt (Co), nickel (Ni), copper (Cu), molybdenum (Mo), tin (Sn), barium (Ba), and lead (Pb) in the urine of the case group were significantly higher than those of the control group. Children with ADHD had significantly higher levels of 8-OHdG and MDA compared with those from the control group. In addition, correlations between urinary Co, Ni, Cu, Mo, and Sn were significantly correlated with 8-OHdG and MDA concentrations in urine. After the case and control groups were combined together and the first quartile was used as the reference category, odds ratios (ORs) of ADHD for children increased significantly with the quartile increasing of urinary Co, Cu, and Sn. Our study provides a clinical evidence that Co, Cu, and Sn exposure, particularly Sn exposure, may be an environmental risk of the incurrence of ADHD for children. Furthermore, Co, Ni, Cu, Mo, and Sn exposures were significantly correlated with DNA and lipid damage.

OP
D

Daniil

According to this website, the richest sources of cobalt are chocolate, legumes, offal, nuts and dried fruits, crustaceans and shellfish. The least rich - meat and eggs, pasta and rice, sugar

OP
D

Daniil

It seems that canned food(any kind) is the main source of tin due to the fact that white tin is used to make cans.

frankmp0

I didn't know that gelatin is rich in copper. It seems you are right:
100 gram of gelatin contains around 2 mg of copper, which is 240% of the RDA.

This might explain why some people feel "wired" when they eat gelatin. I've also noticed this in the past, that I get some anxiety after eating gelatin. Even though gelatin is supposed to be calming because of the high glycine content.
(4) Why Would Gelatin Specifically Cause Me To Feel "wired"? | Ray Peat Forum

wtf? I did not know that. I'm already eating 1oz of beef liver a day, so I think I'm probably getting too much copper, which as the guy said, could lead to excess norepinephrine conversion. Is there any way to chelate copper?

Personally, I am very interested in the condition of "ADHD," as I struggled with it my entire life but upon health interventions and self improvement I've almost completely reversed it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals