Hello, And: "Omega-6 Fatty Acids: The Alternative Hypothesis For Diseases Of Civilization"

Jam

Howdy,

Thought I would paste a link to this article in my first post on this fine forum, as I searched and couldn't find any mention of it, and it ties in quite nicely, I think, with Peats' investigations on the matter.

As for me, I'm a 47-year old Italian-American who has moved back to the Italian Apennines since 2005, having decided that modern industrialized life just wasn't my thing. I spend my time working out of my house in the woods as a software engineer, raising a family, hunting edible and medicinal mushrooms, and reading about nutrition and herbalism.

I have always followed a fairly specific "Mediterranean"-based diet, based around the typical foods / dishes from the specific area of Italy I hail from, Liguria/Piedmont. So... extra virgin stone-pressed olive oil, fresh vegetables and fruit (local when possible), pasta, some meat (mainly local wild game when available, otherwise pasture-raised rabbit, beef and pork), liver, tripe, fish (anchovies, sardines, cod, clams, squid), legumes (chickpeas, lentils), some bread (sourdough mainly), coffee (espresso), raw milk, lots of cheese (parmesan, gorgonzola, etc.), and red wine. Vegetable seed oils and industrially-produced "supermarket" foods are mostly forbidden in my house, and I tend to cook with butter, coconut oil or olive oil. Am fairly healthy as far as I know and feel, with normal weight, blood pressure, decent temps and heart-rate, etc. I am also very much against the use of pharmaceuticals, especially antibiotics, preferring herbs like lapacho, andrographis, etc, only when strictly necessary. The only pill I take occasionally is aspirin, but prefer white willow bark, when available.

Have never suffered any health issues in the past, but I have developed fairly advanced periodontal disease (probably due to smoking a pack of cigarettes for 20 years or so and avoiding dentists), that I have been keeping in check since having discovered it and undergoing 4 rounds of root planing/scaling (which I am now trying to avoid at all costs). Basically, several years ago, I had 2 wisdom teeth and 2 molars just pretty much fall out, with the remaining wisdom teeth pulled due to infections. My teeth have very short roots, unfortunately, so moderate amounts of bone loss will cause them to become loose and simply fall out. Have since halted the tooth loss, at least for now. Funnily, I have no cavities...

So, my diet is probably far from being "Peat-esque", but I do think a lot of his ideas are fundamentally sound and worthy of attention.

Cheers!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals