My Peat Diet

Nicholas

PROTEINS: BBQ pulled pork (pastured), grilled steak (pastured), fish stews w/ shrimp/clams/scallops/oysters, mustard and tarragon CO marinated grilled shrimp, roasted garlic beef stew in bone/greens broth, chicken with herb sauce, liver and onions with balasamic and parsley, leek and herb fritatta, ricotta fritatta, custards, greek yogurt, hard-boiled eggs

CARBS: turnip/parsnip/red potato mash, carrot salad, fruit salads w/ginger and minimal pecans, greek yogurt fruit smoothies w/(unpast.)OJ or AJ, 2TBSP. misc. cane sugar/day, fruit in general (nectarines, grapes, pears, honeydew, cherries), hot cocoa

FATS: milkfat, butterfat, occasional CO

MISC: i eat zucchini sometimes as a side and use yellow onions as well as scallions a lot in cooking.

I eat about 5-6 meals a day. With the above, i can average around 50-70g of fat/day...but i also am very physically active. Milk is 1% non-homogenized. My protein is around 20g/meal. I only eat muscle meats twice a day but they're pretty varied with taurine (shrimp) and glycine broth (along w/glycine in scallops) mitigating tryptophan hopefully. I get a substantial amount of protein from milk and 2% greek yogurt as well. I try to have roots and fruits with every meal. I eat a little over double my protein in carbs per meal. I use broth every day, which is made from bones or oxtail and finished with a collard green boil. I drink hot cocoa almost every day. I get OJ pretty regularly with my smoothies but i probably don't drink more than 2 cups a day total. The carrot salad i do only occasionally. I try to focus on food frequency and balancing blood sugar to balance the bacteria in my gut. I don't get that much table sugar - just in my coffee or hot cocoa or in custard. I try to eat some kind of shellfish every day in small quantities rather than having one large meal of it. I eat liver and onions when i crave it (usually once every week).

I consider this a Peat diet because of the awareness i have of every food i eat and the balancing variables necessary for those items (for example mineral balancing)....basically understanding the pros and cons and working with those. I consider it a Peat diet because it's more carb-centric, but certainly not protein-dismissive. I consider it a Peat diet because it's pretty low in vegetables and other problematic items, and certainly very low in foods which are problematic for me specifically. It's also, of course, pretty low in PUFA. All my meat and milk and butter come from a family farm small operation so PUFA is likely lower in that respect, too. I consider this a Peat diet because i focus primarily on balancing blood sugar with the combinations/ratios of what i eat and try to meet the demands of my body on a daily basis so as to encourage proper metabolism. It's not a Peat-specific thing, but i also eat a nutrient-dense diet.

EDIT: SUPPLEMENTS: I take a few drops of Energin a day mainly as an extra protection from my physically active job (lactate, ammonia, etc.) I had been taking 500mg. taurine every other day for a while but i think it may have been giving me too much energy/sleep issues but it is great for helping with my mental stress. Experimenting with Estroban only because a recent blood test showed my Vit D very low despite my daily sun exposure (not sure if the blood reading is all that accurate, though). I take a drop of Oxidal every now and then as i enjoy the topical caffeine more than coffee caffeine. Also do epsom baths pretty regularly as, for some reason, i must waste magnesium.

answersfound

I avoid pufas, gums/carrageenan, HFCS and cellulose vegetables. Other than that I'll pretty much eat anything.

Lightbringer

Sounds like a great diet. Have you figured out someway to do all of that cooking in an optimal way ? I sometimes struggle with making even 2 meals a day :)

Hope you keep your Ca:P ratio in mind, I did not see milk/cheese in your protein list but later read that you do consume milk.
What are your thoughts on how much fat is needed with every starch meal?

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

yes, it's a lot of work. But i have this weird issue with getting food boredom - and if my food doesn't interest me i feel kind of depressed. i have to do a lot of prepping on the weekends and some food i make in advance like my beef stew and fritattas and custards and mashed roots. 3-4 out of my 5-6 meals a day are very simple - like breakfast is usually a matter of re-heating....and for snacks i often have smoothies.
It makes my life kind of annoying in some ways because i have no help.

Kaspar - yes, i forgot to put cheese on the list and milk. I am really good about Ca:P (it's honestly probably the only reason i drink milk)....i also have yogurt as a calcium source. I have dairy with every meal. Cheese is difficult to balance because of the fat but i do eat it occasionally and like to use it for flavoring egg dishes.
....and as far as fat with starches i've never thought about it. the only reason i am able to eat roots frequently is because they are retrograded over about 4-5 days in the fridge. i've never intuitively noticed a connection between starches and fats.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals