Am I Missing Something In My Diet?

L

Lord Cola

Hi all,

I started a Peat-inspired diet around a week ago. It's been one whole week since I've suffered from a chronic headache, which is amazing. I've been generally following Danny Roddy's videos, as well as reading up on Ray Peat's articles on his website to have a robust foundation so that I can rely more on my instincts to guide me.

I'm just a little concerned that I might be missing something, seeing as this kind of eating is a radical departure from my previous nutrition philosophies, and would like any of you that are more experienced to chime in, so that I can take care of possible blind spots in my current approach. I will be adding coffee into the mix as well once I purchase it.

I'll be attaching a screenshot of my daily diet below. I've divided things I take every few days appropriately so that they fit in the daily consumption. For example, I eat oysters every two days, so I divided the total serving by two to even it out for a daily diary.

Just a little background info on me: I am a 22 year old male, and weigh around 62 kg, which is about 137 lbs.

What seems kind of alarming to me is that some nutritional values are extremely low (at least when keeping the FDA daily nutritional requirements in mind). For example, I only consume about 2 grams of fiber every day. On the other hand, others, such as Vitamin B12 and Vitamin A are consumed much more in comparison, where I'm consuming about 20 micrograms of Vitamin B12, and 20,000 IU of Vitamin A. Is this what I should be aiming for? I feel fine, much better than I did before, but I've also had experiences with other diets where I felt much better for a few months only to suddenly feel terrible due to blind spots in my nutrition.

If this is not a good way to eat, what would you personally take out of or add to the diet?

I would really appreciate your input.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 9.37.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 9.37.46 PM.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 104
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 9.38.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 9.38.07 PM.png
    39 KB · Views: 97

Peatful

I'd up the cals to at LEAST 2500. 2k seems wayyy to low for a 22 year old male.
Agree. U need more calories. Add a balanced macro meal...40/30/30. Carb, protein, fat. Or two more balanced snacks....ex. Cheese and fruit.

OP
L

Lord Cola

Ok. I'll try to do that. Have any of you experienced huge acne breakouts after following Peat's recommendations? I haven't had a big breakout in about a year, and within a week of following this diet, I get small and large zits popping up all over my face. I want to stick to this diet because it makes me feel good otherwise, but the acne is making me think about stopping.

I've been referring to Danny Roddy's videos a lot, and he adds a lot of sugar to his milk. Doesn't, say, 1 quart of orange juice provide enough sugar for 2 quarts of milk? Is it really beneficial to add sugar to milk when I'm consuming a lot of sugar from orange juice anyway?

Also, are oysters necessary? Doesn't daily carrot and weekly beef liver cover the bases anyway? Do any of you have a website other than Danny Roddy's or Dr. Ray Peat's for reference, in terms of the actual nutrition intake? Neither really provide specific amounts to eat. I need them as guidelines, not necessarily to follow them exactly.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

James IV

I won't be so bold as to tell you what you need to eat. But here is the advice I am comfortable giving:
1)Whatever changes you make, make them slowly.
2)Eat as many foods as you can, as long as they don't cause you noticeable detriment.
3)Don't believe something is good for you because you read that it is good for you. If a healthy food is making you unhealthy, it's not a healthy food.
4)Sometimes you will feel bad. That's okay. It's not always about food.

Elephanto

Peat says to not get more than 5000 iu of vitamin A daily, more can inhibit the thyroid.

raypeatclips

I won't be so bold as to tell you what you need to eat. But here is the advice I am comfortable giving:
1)Whatever changes you make, make them slowly.
2)Eat as many foods as you can, as long as they don't cause you noticeable detriment.
3)Don't believe something is good for you because you read that it is good for you. If a healthy food is making you unhealthy, it's not a healthy food.
4)Sometimes you will feel bad. That's okay. It's not always about food.

+1

Kate

Ok. I'll try to do that. Have any of you experienced huge acne breakouts after following Peat's recommendations? I haven't had a big breakout in about a year, and within a week of following this diet, I get small and large zits popping up all over my face. I want to stick to this diet because it makes me feel good otherwise, but the acne is making me think about stopping.

I've been referring to Danny Roddy's videos a lot, and he adds a lot of sugar to his milk. Doesn't, say, 1 quart of orange juice provide enough sugar for 2 quarts of milk? Is it really beneficial to add sugar to milk when I'm consuming a lot of sugar from orange juice anyway?

Also, are oysters necessary? Doesn't daily carrot and weekly beef liver cover the bases anyway? Do any of you have a website other than Danny Roddy's or Dr. Ray Peat's for reference, in terms of the actual nutrition intake? Neither really provide specific amounts to eat. I need them as guidelines, not necessarily to follow them exactly.
When I started eating better I broke out, it was also my age, stress etc. I also think that my body was cleansing.
I also never drank milk in my life until about a year ago... it's important to find milk that does cause a reaction
(grass fed, organic, no added vit or whatever work for you) and I think you should be fine if you pair the dairy with fruit if you don't want that much sugar.

Just play around with you diet but, don't become to obsessed with what you have to or should eat
Use rays knowledge as a guideline and go from there. :D goodluck!!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals