WEIGHT LOSS Is Achieved By AMINO ACID Ratios

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

Weight loss update...

I am now at a 36 waist. I also know now that j lost more than 20 lbs of fat, it's probably 40... I gained a signicant amount of lean muscle without even working out... I had to buy XL Tall shirts now instead of L tall, but with a 36 waist.

With more reflection I do still believe the key to weight loss is the right kind of protein in generous amounts. I take casein protein before bed every night. I believe this is the cornerstone to my results, but I also used cilantro to chelate a huge amount of iron from my body and saw t accelerate the rate of weight loss while also reduce other symptoms (such as numbness/tingling in my feet from pre-diabetic problems which are also now gone).

I also benefited from taking Taurine up to 4000 mg a day (DO NOT START AT HIGH DOSES) and lysine 500-1000 mg a day, while avoiding or reducing foods high in tryptophan.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

...I have decided to reveal my identity since the visual results of my journey are so profound. On the left is me during 4th of July 2015 (after already Peating and sober for 5 months) at the right is me at Christmas 2015. Please search my posts if you'd like advice, I've chronicled most of it and my most recent posts/ideas are the most accurate.

I still don't gym or exercise, having achieved all this purely through diet. I went to the gym 15 times all of last year (and haven't been for three weeks). I do like concentric weight lifting, but as my health continues to improve I'll probably only do it once a week.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    299.4 KB · Views: 1,462

Zachs

Really interesting, great work dude! I also lost 40lbs in about 5-6 months but I achieved this with a zero fat/low inflammatory amino diet.

Can you write up your daily routine in terms of protein/supps since you attribute this to the ratios of aminos?

Also since you don't exercise much, I encourage you to read up and try Muscle Control. It does amazing things for adding size and definition for doing basically 10 minutes of flexing a day.

Integral

Great work dude. I am also having a lot of success losing weight using some similar principles. You have some great and very interesting ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Zachs said:
post 119168 Really interesting, great work dude! I also lost 40lbs in about 5-6 months but I achieved this with a zero fat/low inflammatory amino diet.

Can you write up your daily routine in terms of protein/supps since you attribute this to the ratios of aminos?

yep, I second the motion bra.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peata

natedawggh said:
post 119118 Weight loss update...

I am now at a 36 waist. I also know now that j lost more than 20 lbs of fat, it's probably 40... I gained a signicant amount of lean muscle without even working out... I had to buy XL Tall shirts now instead of L tall, but with a 36 waist.

With more reflection I do still believe the key to weight loss is the right kind of protein in generous amounts. I take casein protein before bed every night. I believe this is the cornerstone to my results, but I also used cilantro to chelate a huge amount of iron from my body and saw t accelerate the rate of weight loss while also reduce other symptoms (such as numbness/tingling in my feet from pre-diabetic problems which are also now gone).

I also benefited from taking Taurine up to 4000 mg a day (DO NOT START AT HIGH DOSES) and lysine 500-1000 mg a day, while avoiding or reducing foods high in tryptophan.

I know protein powder definitely works for muscle even without working out (better than just getting all the protein from food). Several years back I was using "a lot" of protein too - a scoop of protein powder mixed with Greek yogurt every morning to start. It was just cheap protein powder from Walmart. And I trimmed up and developed muscle that surprised me since I wasn't working out. I stopped doing that for whatever reason and went on to various other styles of eating, but that is one thing I should implement again. But with quality protein powder this time.

Last edited by a moderator:

bobbybobbob

Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Congratulations to me, I have lost 20 lbs on a Ray Peat diet, finally! And to you nice people who suggested I might have been at a weight that was healthy for me, thank you for saying so but I have definitely been very overweight, at a 42 pant size instead of my normal 34 or 36 pant size (I"m now at 38!)

First I will say that I have completely stopped drinking (I had to go to Alcoholics Anonymous to do this). There is no way a person can lose weight or regain health while even having the occasional drink, because alcohol is so highly estrogenic.

That being said...I did not lose weight immediately and in fact realized that I had only started losing weight in correlation with a few large meals of shrimp. You can read that thread here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6167&p=73117&hilit=shrimp#p73117
I have since continued to maintain a protein balance that favors shrimp, and have continued to lose weight, and I do notice plateaus if I stop. This study pointed out by Gli;tch.e:

Prompted me to purchase taurine and glycine. I have been taking both with every protein food I ingest: Milk, chicken, potatoes, as well as shrimp. I don't notice so much help from the free glycine, but I definitely feel different when using Taurine (and indeed it is the only amino acid shown to reduce water retention in cellular uptake, which is essentially what stimulates fat storage). I haven't noticed that I can eat whatever I want, however, and include Taurine. Protein is best assimilated whole and not individual amino acids, and so the shrimp is probably the best source I have been eating, but I have noticed an assisted effect by the supplementary Taurine. One of the main effects is the feeling that my fatty/bloated liver and lower intestinal inflammation has been subsiding quickly, and I've been experiencing a feeling of lightness in my lower abdomen that has been missing for some years.

I also found SOME weight loss in the past when I put a tremendous effort into mixing Gelatin with every protein food I took, though that was very tedious and it did not achieve the results I've had with Taurine, but it does seem for me to confirm that a balance favoring healthy Amino Acids leads to healthy weight loss and a balance in the unhealthy ones tends to increase unhealthy weight gain. And just so no one misunderstands, this does NOT mean I have had to restrict my diet to shrimp, but I have instead ADDED a great deal of shrimp already to the protein I ingest from a diet high in dairy, potatoes, and chicken (and fruit, natural soda, and orange juice). I also consume a great deal of butter to keep up my saturated fat ratio (though experiments with fat balance or no fat in the past did nothing to alleviate my weight problems). In the past I made a great deal of bone stocks and while they were very gelatinous, I didn't experience any weight benefits so I'm not sure why that would be case except that maybe the balance wasn't great enough in the direction of taurine.

So having strategies to ensure that the balance of Amino Acids from protein sources greatly favors Glycine, Taurine, Proline, lysine, (especially Taurine!) over the ones that dominate muscle meats seems to be the key to losing weight. If anyone has any other ideas besides eating loads of shrimp (because I know I'mg going to get tired of them!) I'd love to hear it!
Hello and good day Nathan

Taurine is making me very angry and aggressive.
What's the reason of those in your opinion please ?

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

Hello and good day Nathan

Taurine is making me very angry and aggressive.
What's the reason of those in your opinion please ?

Taurine increases your energy output, and if your metabolism has been off it could possibly raise cortisol or adrenaline, especially if you haven't eaten enough. If it's doing that don't take high doses, and consume enough good protein and carbohydrate with it. Start with very small doses and ease up from there.

RePeatRePeat

@natedawggh How are you doing with maintaining your weight loss? And can you clarify what you think of lysine for weight loss? At one point above you said it seemed to stop it. Then later you said you are using it along with the taurine.

I have begun using taurine and continue to use lysine and theanine as I have for the last 6 months. I have begun eating potatoes, potato chips in coconut oil, butter, coconut oil, and casein (especially at night). Have gained 2 pounds in 2 weeks and hope that is just muscle. :praying:

No shrimp or scallops because it is high priced for me. Only protein is collagen, casein, 1 glass of milk a day, and sometimes skinless chicken or an occasional egg. Always 80-100 g of protein a day. I drink OJ and coffee, eat fruit, dried fruit, chocolate, and brown rice pasta. (I usually feel better on this pasta than I do on the potatoes.) Do you see any reason this regime would prevent weight loss?

Thank you for your help @natedawggh. All you have written here and on your blog have been greatly inspiring and influential.

RePeatRePeat

@natedawggh I failed to mention that I am using cilantro extract everyday. 1 full dropper at a time, 2-3 times daily. I am also noticing a difference in my foot neuropathy,btw.

RePeatRePeat

Just a final note to @natedawggh - just saw your comments on the Ritanserin thread so no need to answer me here, unless you do have any input on lysine for weight loss.

I think my problem losing weight even on your regime is my eating any starch and that is because of long term high cortisol levels and insulin resistance. I am going to start with Lapodin AND cut back on starch and see how the weight loss goes. It would be hard to totally eliminate starch as I have tried and cannot eat enough other foods to satisfy my hunger and metabolism. It's the only thing that keeps me from having to constantly eat. Otherwise my temperature drops fast.

Thanks again for all your input here on the forum. You are probably helping more people than you can imagine.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

@natedawggh How are you doing with maintaining your weight loss? And can you clarify what you think of lysine for weight loss? At one point above you said it seemed to stop it. Then later you said you are using it along with the taurine.

I have begun using taurine and continue to use lysine and theanine as I have for the last 6 months. I have begun eating potatoes, potato chips in coconut oil, butter, coconut oil, and casein (especially at night). Have gained 2 pounds in 2 weeks and hope that is just muscle. :praying:

No shrimp or scallops because it is high priced for me. Only protein is collagen, casein, 1 glass of milk a day, and sometimes skinless chicken or an occasional egg. Always 80-100 g of protein a day. I drink OJ and coffee, eat fruit, dried fruit, chocolate, and brown rice pasta. (I usually feel better on this pasta than I do on the potatoes.) Do you see any reason this regime would prevent weight loss?

Thank you for your help @natedawggh. All you have written here and on your blog have been greatly inspiring and influential.

Hi ReRe,
Lysine interrupts Nitric Oxide production, which is good for health, propbably through its competition with Tryptophan, but this eliminates rapid weight loss because fat is greatly mobilized from storage by NO when it is needed as energy, which can also produce a situation of extended fatigue if the body relies overly on the stress response, i.e. When I was first healing and took lysine I suddenly got very tired waking uphill, but didn't exhibit the signs of stress response like sweating profusely and really rapid heart rate.

However, I notice a marked and reproducible increase in muscle mass when I take lysine, and this would be because elevated serotonin reduces muscle mass so the lowering of it via lysine would increase muscle.

So lysine can contribute to the long term, slow reduction of body fat but not to expect dramatic or quick weight loss while using it. Knowing what I know now anyway, fast weight loss is more susceptible to rebound weight because it's utilizing the stress method. Long term gentle weight loss will be more permanent and improve the overall health as well.

Sodium is very important for weight loss, and most weight gain is initially triggered by dieting when people inadvertently starve themselves of sodium.

I rebounded my weight gain dramatically after using Ritanserin. I put back on almost 20 pounds (after losing 50). But I have since lost another Ten while using Ritanserin, careful to avoid starch at first. It is too tricky for me to use so I'm stopping. I prefer lysine over Ritanserin for lowering serotonin.

Yes I so hear you on the food thing. I need so many calories to stay satiated, it's really hard not to do that without potatoes. :) I have them often now and as long as I keep up my sodium intake it doesn't hurt my weight loss much.

RePeatRePeat

Once again, @natedawggh, great info. Super helpful.

I feel like I have a pretty good plan now with a much better understanding of what is happening in my body and what to do about it. "Long term gentle" sounds fine at this point - any actual progress will be cause for celebration. :partypooper:

Thank you!

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

Really interesting, great work dude! I also lost 40lbs in about 5-6 months but I achieved this with a zero fat/low inflammatory amino diet.

Also since you don't exercise much, I encourage you to read up and try Muscle Control. It does amazing things for adding size and definition for doing basically 10 minutes of flexing a day.
Hey Zach's, just now seeing your reply. I haven't ever heard of muscle control, but I looked it up and purchased Max Sick's book. It's amazing. I have a background in yoga so it's not much of a stretch for me to see the logic in this. Started the first half of his excercises and it's great! Going to make this a regular thing.

superhuman

Taurine makes my stomach weird, feeling bloated and gassy. No matter the amount etc of Taurine i take or when. Whats causing this?

B

Braveheart

Interesting thread...your posts and info always very enlightening...can you answer Zach's question if possible?