101 Year Old Fred Kummerow Exercised A Lot And Eats Whole Grains, Oatmeal, And Vegetables

dbh25

Thanks, they are pasture raised eggs, I checked their website, they do not list the % MUFA/PUFA. They do make these claims-
In comparison to a conventional egg, pasture-raised eggs contain:

• 1/3 less cholesterol
  • 1/4 less saturated fat
  • 2/3 more Vitamin A
  • 2 times more omega-3 fatty acids
  • 3 times more Vitamin E
  • 7 times more beta carotene

tara

CoolTweetPete

Thanks, they are pasture raised eggs, I checked their website, they do not list the % MUFA/PUFA. They do make these claims-
In comparison to a conventional egg, pasture-raised eggs contain:

• 1/3 less cholesterol
  • 1/4 less saturated fat
  • 2/3 more Vitamin A
  • 2 times more omega-3 fatty acids
  • 3 times more Vitamin E
  • 7 times more beta carotene

Interesting. Most "health conscious" individuals would consider these good things.

Agent207

Biology is more than numbers guys. Natural raised and pastured beef, hens... will always be healthier than caged, industrial farmed, misery living grain fed ones. No matter pufa or saturated numbers..

dbh25

Biology is more than numbers guys. Natural raised and pastured beef, hens... will always be healthier than caged, industrial farmed, misery living grain fed ones. No matter pufa or saturated numbers..
Pasture raised seems like the best option, unless I start a chicken coop on my apartment balcony

DaveFoster

One tour operator did tell me that when the men in Vietnam want to feel strong and tough, they go and eat oysters...so maybe the zinc content lifts their testosterone temporarily.
Nguoi-mau-Luu-Hyunh7_zps4d45b9c8.jpg

Look at that jaw-line.

amethyst

deleted post

Last edited:

lvysaur

= more PUFA, less SFA, more carotene?

It could be a total lie, and they're just claiming high omega 3s because it's en vogue right now. IIRC, that claim is from motherjones, and had no actual research to back it up.

Grass-Fed Pork? Not Really. Still the Difference in Fatty Acid Composition & Micronutrient Content Are Profound & Not Accounted for by Food Databases - Let Alone Epidemiology - SuppVersity: Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone

According to this, acorn-fed pork (sort of a proxy for pasture raised) has far less PUFA and a lower ratio of omega 3s. I don't know if this also applies to chicken and chicken eggs.

PeatThemAll

Ask yourself the classic Simone Weil question, "what are you going through?" and just keep a record of how you feel, and what you are consuming. I think the trick is to not do anything that even slightly contributes to a negative response in your body. It's tricky to judge this, but you can use a combination of experiential, subjective feelings, body temp/heart rate, and a blood test. Personally I find bowel movements to be a more important metric of general health than anything - if you have uncomfortable, irregular, or varied bowel movements, this could be a signal that your body isn't too happy - although it can take a couple of days for the 'weather' to change in the Department of Bowel Movements, so you have to be patient. I sometimes wonder about models/actors eating all that chia seed and kale health crap that they consume - all that seed/nut/grain fibre is just brutal to pass!

People on this forum have criticised me for changing my diet around on a whim, and although their criticisms are correct, they don't speak to my actual experience. My experience tells me that if the effects of a nutritional change are immediate and negative, and reproducible, I should not persist with it, and instead continue to slightly change the diet until I get a good balance. Persisting with foods that upset you is tedious and silly, and can make things worse. Think about why the food is bothering you, do some research, or refer to Ray Peat, and then make an intelligent change in your behaviour.

In fact, if there is one thing that is sort of missing from the Ray Peat Forum, it is a troubleshooting guide to experimenting on your own body in this subjective way.

What about bloating, and "you'll get used to it"? I see the latter very, very often in vegan-ish forums.

Ray has said that people who have good systems can deal with gluten and all of that. Probably candeal better with PUFAs if they are super healthy and have high metabolisms and aren't overloading their systems with junk oils.

I think there is a difference between some peanut butter and eating a filet o'fish sandwich at McDonalds.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals