Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. **NEW Mini Body Light** MBL1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Mini Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Every Year, A Penguin Swims Thousands Of Miles To Visit A Man Who Saved Him

Discussion in 'Breaking News' started by haidut, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

Yeah, it depends on what people consider moral. Some religions are comforting in claiming that certain animals exist to feed man (?), removing any sense of guilt or consideration about it.

Another thing that very little people do when they sit down to eat is lifting their plates to find out what's underneath: there are small farms, all you have to do is put a clean plate over them and the foods appear in sufficient amounts for the next meal.

2. daIllu

daIllu Member

One thing we humans can at least potentially do better than animals is give the animals a painless fast death, carnivores in nature might start eating while the victim is still alive. Offcourse vegans vill argue that it's still bad because you take a life but there is a reason why the worst war crimes are seen as those where people have tortured their enemies before killing them. Sometimes also dying from "natural" causes can be way worse than being killed quickly, this could just be my depression speaking offcourse but.

3. Broken man

Broken man Member

I forgot to wrote that I think ants are using aphids in the same way like we are using cows.

4. dand

dand Member

I'm amused that you think that instinct and intelligence are not one in the same, lol.

5. bzmazu

bzmazu Member

"There is no nutritional reason to eat meat if you can eat dairy or eggs"....and a little sardines...

6. bzmazu

bzmazu Member

....a little beef 100g, twice a week

7. Vinero

Vinero Member

Yes that's probably harmless. But making beef a main protein source of your diet is not recommended due to iron and phosphate overload. Milk and cheese should be the main protein sources, unless you are taking eggshell calcium or other calcium supplement.

8. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

Some people feel like crap on dairy, even when milk and hard cheeses ain't considered.

9. dand

dand Member

Sluggish metabolism and/or poor quality dairy. Adding sugar/salt is effective.

10. Runenight201

Runenight201 Member

Iron is the only real concern I have with beef, but I started giving blood and plan to do so on a quarter-annual basis. Nothing like a good oil change to keep the physiological system nice and prime.

Beef is awesome. Beef makes me feel very strong, satiated, digests well, gives me no bloat, and tastes good with just a little salt and hot sauce. I had some lean beef before bed and noticed that it just didn't taste right nor give me the strength I needed. This morning I had ground beef 80/20 and I felt much better eating it, more satiated, and more energized from its consumption. I will be experimenting with 73/27.

I think I may have converted to the starch-free life. I won't permanently rule it out, but since paying much closer attention to my stomach, I'm noticing that starch just doesn't digest well and consistently drains my energy instead of gives, whereas non-starch foods don't. The past two days of eliminating starch and I've noticed my bloat going down, I am beginning to feel much more compact and dense.

The only way a starch-free diet works for me is through high amounts of dairy or meat. Fruit and sugar create their own problems when overdone, same with dairy, so I'm left with meat. I've also been eating peanut butter with apples which have been positively received. I'm neutral right now on almonds, they taste alright, but are nothing I actively crave, and yesterday I had a slight sneezing fit after consuming them, so I'm not sold.

11. michael94

michael94 Member

Think like a gazelle and a cheetah

The cheetah is burdened with having to kill first and ask questions later ... in order to survive ...

but what if the cheetah used all its energy to catch up to the gazelle and ask an unsolicited question? That is what it is like to fight against entropy ...

12. Centsmom

Centsmom Member

Amazing !

13. bzmazu

bzmazu Member

How did we get off the penquin story?...anyway,
    what are your thoughts on skim milk vs whole milk?

14. Vinero

Vinero Member

I use the one in between. So reduced fat percentage but not zero/skim.

15. saraleah

saraleah Member

Torturing animals to provide enormous amounts of animal protein for an ever growing population just seems crazy but the dollar always wins. Big money. Grocery unsold meat leftovers are actually processed for hair products I was told by a local store, yuk.
    Yes humans need nutrients not found as easily in plant foods and some are very sensitive to plant toxins, I'm not trying to get into any vegan argument and Im NOT a scientist.
    We are talking about emotions here, chemically affecting the quality of the animal food supply. I don't doubt cows pigs and chickens are capable of fear and bonding. And factory animals get no sun at all. They're confined in barns all day every day, they don't go outside. What does that do biologically?
    Do we need as much meat/ factory farming? Its big money its sad. Here near my home in rural areas some people only eat meat they have hunted themselves and that at least makes some sense. One kill lasts a long time.
    I agree with Haidut why couldnt stress toxins be passed into the food? Pastured farmed meat and eggs taste very differently than factory meat. We know what oxylates and other toxins from plants can do , but has anyone studied effect of stressors in animal tissues eaten by people? Hard to get financial funding to do it I guess.
    Lots of people in general don't feel good, whether they are ketoing or vegetarian, few are completely vegan, that's why most of us are here, trying to feel better, healthier
    It is worth getting meat/eggs and dairy from small farms, every state has a CSA. Some have volunteers who deliver. They dont necessarily mark the price way up. And you can always visit them and see how the animals are treated. And support people in this country who want to provide us with food more humanely. And hope they're being honest, not sneaking in hormones, saying they don't.
    I wonder if UCONN has studied it quietly, they have a school of nutrition and an agricultural school + a dairy.

16. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Ooops, I thought you lived in Brasil?

17. akgrrrl

akgrrrl Member

food nerd
    +1
    After 30 years in Alaska eating clean meats, farmed meat is completely repugnant to every fiber of my being. The average dairy cow lives approx 4 years attached to a mechanized udder pump, standing in a foot of their own filth in a confined space, desperately slurping a gruel of GMO corn and
    water when not being herded into the rape cage or for innoculations. Hormonal surges must occur when the new mother cow watches her Male calf slaughtered in front of her. Drinking sweet velvety milk and cream from the bovine that chews her cud and processes green grass peacefully in her 4 stomachs on a hillside for 25 years is unknown to most.

18. Cirion

Cirion Member

Halal meat is arguably the worst, even worse than CAFO meat, and people who care about ethical treatment of animals need to take note.

I'll probably get a lot of flak for this, but I'm speaking truth. Islam is an absolutely barbaric religion. Their practice with halal meat is no exception. They purposefully torture animals, toy with them, gut them and finally slit their throats and let them flail around in panic as they slowly bleed out. Who knows what else they do to them. All the while they are LAUGHING and having a good time, torturing animals is a SPORT to these people. Honestly they are more animals than the actual animals. And people wonder why so many people (like myself) are strongly anti-Islam. These people aren't human.

At least people who hunt animals for sport usually kill quickly and don't torture.

Anyway, I've heard halal meat is starting to be sold in stores now. Probably to appease the growing Muslim population.

I am sure there are a few people who follow Islam that may not understand the tenants of their own religion and are perfectly peaceful, but look no further than the barbaric cultures in the Middle east to see the true face of Islam and how they not only treat animals but also humans too.

Sorry if that kinda gets off topic, but I could easily go on a big rant on that because it angers me and I tried my best not to lol.

19. Runenight201

Runenight201 Member

That last bit about the bovine male calf being slaughtered in front of her sounds a bit hyperbolic...

Is it weird that I find conventional raised meats and dairy tastier than grass fed? The PUFAS have (un)saturated my taste buds!

These threads always get derailed, and I am definitely guilty of instigating such behavior.

20. michael94

michael94 Member

Grain fed dairy does taste better sometimes or at least different in a way thats not worse. Like the grain affect content of milk beyond fat soluble vitamins being lower. Theres more to this riddle methinks.