Please give me SALT recipes

abady

hii

please suggest me ways to increase my salt intake

and NO for adding salt to juices and milk its disgusting i want other methods to increase my salt instead of eating salted starches or pickles, cured ham, how to increase salt the peaty way?
cuz ray peat diet mostly fruits and milk idk how to get the salt

i want something practical so i can enjoy eating it every day!!!

also i don't like cheese so. and i don't want any protein recipes I love to keep my protein intake around 60g/day and my carbs high!

Last edited:

Pedigree

1 tsp of salt or less
15g of gelatin more or less
and a half of a bouillon cube, or 4-5g of those dried bouillon soup powder look for legit ingredients of course
then put into a microwave for 90 seconds on 700 watt or so stir before and after of course before to dissolve gelatin and after for the cube

Jonk

Salt is tricky. I think chicharrones are pretty good, and olives. Generally to get more salt it comes with more fat, to make it palatable. I used to make a stew in a pressure cooker with added beef tallow. I could get huge amounts of salt in that and still have it taste good. I made it with beef but you could make it vegetarian with carrots, turnips etc.

marcod

You can buy gelatin capsules and fill them with salt, it's cheap and convenient. You can also use the capsules for other powders that have a bad taste.
Capsules size 00 hold about 1g of salt, the biggest size you can find it's 000.

Jennifer

how to increase salt the peaty way?

Some foods to salt:

• Carrot salad—raw shredded carrot, vinegar, olive oil or melted coconut oil, honey, salt
• Cooked mushrooms
• Cooked bamboo shoots
• Broth—gelatinous, mushroom, kale etc.
• Soup—I like egg drop and starch-free chowder using peeled zucchini/courgette in place of potatoes
• Dates—I like stuffing dates with coconut butter mixed with salt or covered in cinnamon white chocolate and sprinkled with chunky salt
• Compôtes—fruit, honey or sugar and salt (I like eating it with some raw butter or cream)
• Salted caramel—it’s delicious drizzled over ice cream, IMO

David PS

Some foods to salt:

• Carrot salad—raw shredded carrot, vinegar, olive oil or melted coconut oil, honey, salt
• Cooked mushrooms
• Cooked bamboo shoots
• Soup—I like egg drop and starch-free chowder using peeled zucchini/courgette in place of potatoes
• Dates—I like stuffing dates with coconut butter mixed with salt or covered in cinnamon white chocolate and sprinkled with chunky salt
• Compôtes—fruit, honey or sugar and salt (I like eating it with some raw butter or cream)

This sounds delicious. My only suggestion is to gradually increase the salt so that your taste buds have time to adjust. There is noo need to overwhelm the salt receptors in your tongue.

Momma

Steak and potatoes. Too much liquid ups your need for even more salt; so moving towards solid food solves two issues so to speak.

Jennifer

This sounds delicious. My only suggestion is to gradually increase the salt so that your taste buds have time to adjust. There is noo need to overwhelm the salt receptors in your tongue.

Personally, I follow Ray’s advice of salting to taste.

sunny

Some foods to salt:

• Cooked mushrooms
• Cooked bamboo shoots
How do you make your salted caramel? That does sound delicious for ice cream.

exile

I’ll add salt to eggs, baked potato, tortillas and parmasean reggiano seems pretty salty on its own.

Jennifer

@sunny, this is the recipe I use:

OP
abady

abady

thank you all for your recipes!

past few days I've discovered an easy and TASTY way to increase salt easily!

yogurt (170g) 1/2 tsp of SALT mix very well and OMG its really tasty and you can get an insane amount of salt this way.
this recipe gives around 1300 mg of sodium :).

LadyRae

thank you all for your recipes!

past few days I've discovered an easy and TASTY way to increase salt easily!

yogurt (170g) 1/2 tsp of SALT mix very well and OMG its really tasty and you can get an insane amount of salt this way.
this recipe gives around 1300 mg of sodium :).
I like this combo too. Also, I'll blend yogurt OR ripe avocado with cocao powder, salt, vanilla and (your preferred) sweetener.... Top with berries?😏

lilsticky

i imagine starchy fruits like banans and stewed apples are better for salt than other kinds

LadyRae

Salted watermelon, honeydew, or cantaloupe is excellent, too. Seems to make it sweeter...
A popular Hispanic technique...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals