Sugar And Salt Cause Dehydration

Hgreen56

When i have started peat and increase my salt en sugar in take (fruit, fruitjuice, sugar etc)
i notice my joint pain increased big time.
i wasn't aware about sugar and salt cause dehydration until begin this week.
i was reading this article and the next day i skip all sugar and salt.
The Effect of Salt & Sugar on Dehydrated Cells

the day after all my pain where disappeared completely and i was total pain free.
Then the next couple days i was experimenting with sugar and salt and every-time dehydration and joint pain returned.
Then drinking lots of water inhibit the pain a lot but also makes me a tired.

Now i am thinking, how do you peat fans deals with this.
I know ray advised consume a lot of sugar instead of starch and take lot of salt for the thyroid health.
also he advised not to drink water but sugar juices or milk instead.
i understand why but all this together is this the perfect recipe for dehydration.

How do you deal with that?

i do understand now why people with arthritis for example always advised to avoid sugar and high salt intake.
its a dehydration problem that's makes inflammatory worse.

lampofred

I think vitamin D is necessary for cellular hydration. Similar to how CO2 is necessary for oxygen to get into cells and increasing oxygen by itself can cause harm, I think vitamin D is needed for water to enter cells and just increasing water by itself can cause problems.

T

TheBeard

If you are eating the same amount of fiber and starch as before peating, all this sugar is going to cause massive endotoxin release.
Which could be the cause of your joint pain

wavelength123

Yeah I’ve observed that as well.

up until the 1800s humanity as a whole on average consumed less than 10g of sugar a day.

Modern high intakes of sugar and protein are massively dehydrating at least IME (on top of all the data).

Not convinced salt is doing much tbh. Salt is quite often a “scapegoat for a bad diet”. Many populations around the world eat way more salt than western countries. Then again they don’t overload on protein and sugar.

Ableton

Yeah I’ve observed that as well.

up until the 1800s humanity as a whole on average consumed less than 10g of sugar a day.

Modern high intakes of sugar and protein are massively dehydrating at least IME (on top of all the data).

Not convinced salt is doing much tbh. Salt is quite often a “scapegoat for a bad diet”. Many populations around the world eat way more salt than western countries. Then again they don’t overload on protein and sugar.

people were not eating fruit? source? i would actually like to read on that
fruits are usually cheap, and naturally graved (before all the diets became a thing as well) so I would think a lot of fruit was consumed

somuch4food

people were not eating fruit? source? i would actually like to read on that
fruits are usually cheap, and naturally graved (before all the diets became a thing as well) so I would think a lot of fruit was consumed

Maybe before with the hunter/gatherer lifestyle and a lot less humans. Fruits cannot feed the masses. That's why most cultures are based around starches that pack a lot of calories and can be stored for a few months. Fruits are mostly treats.

somuch4food

Have you tried keeping the salt and removing just sugar?

I seem to have some trouble with sugar too and I'm starting to believe it's because I'm low in antioxidants and have a load of oxidative stress that built up over time.

Ableton

Maybe before with the hunter/gatherer lifestyle and a lot less humans. Fruits cannot feed the masses. That's why most cultures are based around starches that pack a lot of calories and can be stored for a few months. Fruits are mostly treats.
yeah, I agree
but I would rather trust a hunter gatherer diet than a "civilized" one, because well, one is "natural" and the other one is not

it does not make sense for nature not to equip us with a body that can handle fructose, but with a body that can handle starches
but maybe those changes happen quickly who knows

Indicatrice

it does not make sense for nature not to equip us with a body that can handle fructose, but with a body that can handle starches

This is exactly what my intuition tells me, and I'm very skeptical of such an adaptation having taken place, or even the possibility of it taking place.

nikotrope

I think what lampofred says about vitamin D is true. Sugar is dehydrating me to the point of frequent headaches. But it seems ok in the summer and gradually gets worse in the winter.

As for salt, drinking broths improves my hydration big time but salting my meals a bit too much (still to taste though) is dehydrating.

Seekinghealth

This dehydration feeling, is in my opinion caused by hypokalemia. Drinking more water and or salt, in such a state. Will often make it worse. Both will waste potassium in a sense. Very much so if your body is running in some sort of metabolic alkalosis. Any alkalotic state will waste potassium like mad.

GreekDemiGod

Something similar happens to me. Salt makes me feel thirsty. White sugar, too. I too have experience some joint pain since peating, whereas before this was very rare.

rei

If you study archeology you would know that there is clear evidence humans started de-evolving when they started farming. Skull size started shrinking. Sure, grains grow anywhere and can give you calories that keep you alive. But they contain such amount of toxins they prevent the body functioning to it's fullest potential.

yeah, I agree
but I would rather trust a hunter gatherer diet than a "civilized" one, because well, one is "natural" and the other one is not

Glycogen,which is contained in fresh meat,is a type of starch.Fructose gets tolerated atleast by a lot of people,most vegetables contain Fructose in amounts similar to sucrose,50:50,not only fruits.

This dehydration feeling, is in my opinion caused by hypokalemia. Drinking more water and or salt, in such a state. Will often make it worse. Both will waste potassium in a sense. Very much so if your body is running in some sort of metabolic alkalosis. Any alkalotic state will waste potassium like mad.

true,but both acidosis and alkalosis leads to Potassium wasting,via differing mechanisms,ending in the same Fate.

never had joint pain,but the combo of increased sugar and salt caused it from time to time,and a more general inflamed feeling lol

Jennifer

When i have started peat and increase my salt en sugar in take (fruit, fruitjuice, sugar etc)
i notice my joint pain increased big time.
i wasn't aware about sugar and salt cause dehydration until begin this week.
i was reading this article and the next day i skip all sugar and salt.
The Effect of Salt & Sugar on Dehydrated Cells

the day after all my pain where disappeared completely and i was total pain free.
Then the next couple days i was experimenting with sugar and salt and every-time dehydration and joint pain returned.
Then drinking lots of water inhibit the pain a lot but also makes me a tired.

Now i am thinking, how do you peat fans deals with this.
I know ray advised consume a lot of sugar instead of starch and take lot of salt for the thyroid health.
also he advised not to drink water but sugar juices or milk instead.
i understand why but all this together is this the perfect recipe for dehydration.

How do you deal with that?

i do understand now why people with arthritis for example always advised to avoid sugar and high salt intake.
its a dehydration problem that's makes inflammatory worse.
Sugars from raw fruit consistently leave me hydrated but more than just a small amount of salt with my meals and I get dry eyes, a dry mouth and excessive thirst, likely due to my adrenal and thyroid function.

Atman

Source?
Also remember that starch is basically pure glucose, so just eating 1 potato will have more than 10g of sugar.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals