Hydration = Salt & Sugar

J

james2388

I hardly drink much water at all, and if it is it's in the form of lemonade with fresh squeezed lemon, sea salt and sugar. Other drinks Coffee, with cream and sugar, but also salt. Salt 10x's the flavor. I drink whole milk as well, a lot more than plain water.

I just find the combination of sugar and salt to be really hydrating. If I drink plain water, I'll be going to the bathroom pretty soon after.
The Truth About Salt and Sugar
Here is a wonderful article I just found from this search

"
What do you get when combining salt and sugar in the correct ratio with water? A super hydrator. When you combine glucose with sodium in a 1:1 ratio, the sodium-glucose cotransport system is activated in the gut. Combining salt with sugar in this 1:1 ratio is the fastest way to get hydration into your bloodstream aside from an actual IV. The glucose accelerates the absorption of sodium and water into the system, hydrating you faster than water by itself. Liquid I.V. utilizes this science by combining salt and sugar within the range that the World Health Organization (WHO) has deemed to be most effective for hydration.

The sodium glucose co-transport system was first discovered in the 1960s by Dr. Robert Crane and according to the Lancet British Medical Journal, “The discovery that sodium transport and glucose transport are coupled in the small intestine so that glucose accelerates absorption of solute and water (is) potentially the most important medical advance this century.” This incredible breakthrough in science was put to use by the World Health Organization (WHO) in the 1970s to save lives around the world where people were dying of dehydration due to diseases like cholera. The method of applying this life saving combination of sodium, glucose, and water is called oral rehydration therapy and is used today, but not widely known in the United States. Our goal is to change that.
"

Hgreen56

I just find the combination of sugar and salt to be really hydrating. If I drink plain water, I'll be going to the bathroom pretty soon after.

"
How soon is this?
is this not a diabetic symptom? (peeing a lot after drinking liquid)
i can a hour or 2 without peeing after drinking water.

Do you need to wakeup in the night for peeing to?

equipoise

I have to say, today was a very hot and a humid day. Now it is getting close to 6pm where I'm from and it's only now starting to get a little bearable. I work a semi physical work and I sweated a lot today. Haven't pissed at all during the work day. Only evaporated. I had a pepsi and a Donat Mg and it wasn't enough. I had pre-diabetic symptoms again. That's something I have troubles with. The insides of my mouth develop a weird feeling and I get VERY thirsty. I now know I'm not supposed to drink straight up water when I hit that point. So I had some very ripe and sweet salted watermelon. Sodium and fructose got rid of my problem. I was able to get a long with my day, plus it gave me very clear energy.

BearWithMe

For me, salt definitely causes dehydration. Not sure about the sugar. Maybie it depends on the state of health or some other nutrients, whether sugar and salt causes hydration or dehydration?

OP
J

james2388

For me, salt definitely causes dehydration. Not sure about the sugar. Maybie it depends on the state of health or some other nutrients, whether sugar and salt causes hydration or dehydration?

How do you quantify salt causing dehydration? Sure salt directly will cause thirst, but I always use salt with sugar, and carbs, nearly adding it to everything for taste.

BearWithMe

How do you quantify salt causing dehydration? Sure salt directly will cause thirst, but I always use salt with sugar, and carbs, nearly adding it to everything for taste.
Drop of blood pressure, heat intolerance, fatigue, dry eyes, dry mouth, purple fingernails, headaches etc. after eating salt.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals