Salt intake

Vins7

every time I drink water because I feel dehydrated and I pee dark yellow, I drink water, but after that I end up having cold extremities, cold in general and I urinate very transparent quickly.

Could this be because my body is so lacking in minerals and bottled water today is almost all weakly mineralized?

I salt my meals with plenty of salt without problem, but could adding a teaspoon of unrefined sea salt for every liter of water I drink, help in this situation?

How much could be too much salt a day? I have never measured how much salt I usually consume but I would apreciate to know your opinion about what I am exposing and this problem.

Does anyone have a similar experience or know what may be due to this?

All comments will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Korven

I get the same response from drinking cold water: I quickly feel colder, cold hands, and I pee it all out immediately.

The solution is simple: drink hot water.

Drinking hot water makes your body warmer, improves circulation and gives you warm hands and feet, hydrates you better, helps detoxification, and also improves digestion. Drinking cold water is like dumping a bunch of ice onto your digestive fire; a great way to get SIBO, low stomach acid, low bile output, etc. Simply switching from drinking cold liquids to warm liquids has improved my digestion by 10000%. Avoiding cold liquids and cold foods is common sense in TCM because it will impair digestion.

Korven

Adding some salt to your hot water is also a good idea if you have problems with retaining minerals.

OP
V

Vins7

I get the same response from drinking cold water: I quickly feel colder, cold hands, and I pee it all out immediately.

Drinking hot water makes your body warmer, improves circulation and gives you warm hands and feet, hydrates you better, helps detoxification, and also improves digestion. Drinking cold water is like dumping a bunch of ice onto your digestive fire; a great way to get SIBO, low stomach acid, low bile output, etc. Simply switching from drinking cold liquids to warm liquids has improved my digestion by 10000%. Avoiding cold liquids and cold foods is common sense in TCM because it will impair digestion.
Really interesting, I'm going to try It. I always drink room temperature water, not cold, but I have never try It hot water.
Why other people drink always cold water and they dont have this effect.

I thought It was more related to lack of minerals instead of beverage temperature.

ThinPicking

@Vins7 Can you please describe the way you're drinking water just prior to one of these diuresis events? - "I drink water, but after that I end up having cold extremities, cold in general and I urinate very transparent quickly."

For example, do you gulp or sip, how much and how quickly?

I've been playing around with water and taurine (because I can feel it) on top of my normal diet to get an understanding of body fluid dynamics. There's something in it, I'll try to describe at some point.

Last edited:
OP
V

Vins7

@Vins7 Can you please describe the way you're drinking water just prior to one of these diuresis events? - "I drink water, but after that I end up having cold extremities, cold in general and I urinate very transparent quickly."

For example, do you gulp or sip, how much and how quickly?

I've been playing around with water and taurine (because I can feel it) on top of my normal diet to get an understanding of body fluid dynamics. There's something in it, I'll try to describe at some point.
Well, I sip a bit amount and slow. Always room temperature water but, I have to measure really well how much water I drink because I quickly have the symptoms that I describe (pee transparent, cold hands and feet and cold un general.

Last edited:

Korven

Really interesting, I'm going to try It. I always drink room temperature water, not cold, but I have never try It hot water.
Why other people drink always cold water and they dont have this effect.

I thought It was more related to lack of minerals instead of beverage temperature.

In a low energy/hypothyroid state you have a harder time both absorbing (due to poor digestion) and holding on to minerals. I think the key is fixing the low energy state, not taking a bunch of electrolytes. You see this with carnivore/keto people that drink salt water all day and take electrolytes yet still have issues. With good thyroid function you can do a lot of things that would destroy a hypothyroid individual, like drinking lots of cold water or fasting or whatever.

I noticed that when I was drinking cold water between meals I became very cold and my digestion got worse. Drinking hot water fixed all of those issues. I think it is a great way to warm up your stomach/spleen/pancreas/gallbladder and strengthen digestion so you can actually assimilate nutrients from the food you eat and get out of a hypothyroid state - i.e a virtuous cycle.

Eberhardt

Very simply pure water works as a stressor and starts and adrenalin response. A healthy wellfed body wont have any ill effects but water is not isotonic, meaning the body has to perform wotk to handle it. So adding glucose and a pinch of salt fixes it. I can tolerate pure water now but took me almost 10 years of fixing. Think sportsdrink/IV drip :)

OP
V

Vins7

In a low energy/hypothyroid state you have a harder time both absorbing (due to poor digestion) and holding on to minerals. I think the key is fixing the low energy state, not taking a bunch of electrolytes. You see this with carnivore/keto people that drink salt water all day and take electrolytes yet still have issues. With good thyroid function you can do a lot of things that would destroy a hypothyroid individual, like drinking lots of cold water or fasting or whatever.

I noticed that when I was drinking cold water between meals I became very cold and my digestion got worse. Drinking hot water fixed all of those issues. I think it is a great way to warm up your stomach/spleen/pancreas/gallbladder and strengthen digestion so you can actually assimilate nutrients from the food you eat and get out of a hypothyroid state - i.e a virtuous cycle.
What helped you fixing the low energy state?
Really interesting bro, I'm going to drink just hot drinks ??

Dr. B

should we leave milk and orange juice sitting out to get them up to room temp, before drinking?
its obvious, whether juice, soda, water, or milk, you can drink a lot more if its at room temp.
drinks that are too cold have to be slowly sipped.. same with drinks that are too warm...
with room temp, or slightly cold/slightly warm drinks you can chug them

every time I drink water because I feel dehydrated and I pee dark yellow, I drink water, but after that I end up having cold extremities, cold in general and I urinate very transparent quickly.

Could this be because my body is so lacking in minerals and bottled water today is almost all weakly mineralized?

I salt my meals with plenty of salt without problem, but could adding a teaspoon of unrefined sea salt for every liter of water I drink, help in this situation?

How much could be too much salt a day? I have never measured how much salt I usually consume but I would apreciate to know your opinion about what I am exposing and this problem.

Does anyone have a similar experience or know what may be due to this?

All comments will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Maybe this might help you figure things out…

Attachments

• DFCB66F6-DB8E-4E54-9EDE-F79E3B8754CC.jpeg
    DFCB66F6-DB8E-4E54-9EDE-F79E3B8754CC.jpeg
    778.8 KB · Views: 139