Too much dietary sodium causing dehydration and stress?

Ippodrom47

I've been trying to find out why I've been feeling so s**ty lately, and now I think I've come a bit closer to the truth. Can too much dietary sodium (table salt) lead to dehydration, which in turn leads to constipation, low energy, dry eyes and skin, more stress, and, as a result, hormonal imbalance?
I've been buying pre-made food at a local cafeteria (all home-made, no unknown ingredients, preservatives, etc), which is very salty. I mean even regular dishes are much saltier than one would make for themselves. Like VERY. F..ING. SALTY :)) It seems no matter how much I drink or how much potassium my diet contains, I become dehydrated several times a day. I may even get dizzy and anxious because of that. The urine is dark yellow. My digestion is far from perfect as well. Also, now it's cold and I don't sweat out much sodium as I used to in the summer (although I "scored" 1.035 specific gravity on a urine test, which made even my doc pretty bewildered).
I will reduce the amount of sodium I consume tomorrow, just wanted to hear your thoughts.

ThinPicking

I've been trying to find out why I've been feeling so s**ty lately, and now I think I've come a bit closer to the truth. Can too much dietary sodium (table salt) lead to dehydration, which in turn leads to constipation, low energy, dry eyes and skin, more stress, and, as a result, hormonal imbalance?
I've been buying pre-made food at a local cafeteria (all home-made, no unknown ingredients, preservatives, etc), which is very salty. I mean even regular dishes are much saltier than one would make for themselves. Like VERY. F..ING. SALTY :)) It seems no matter how much I drink or how much potassium my diet contains, I become dehydrated several times a day. I may even get dizzy and anxious because of that. The urine is dark yellow. My digestion is far from perfect as well. Also, now it's cold and I don't sweat out much sodium as I used to in the summer (although I "scored" 1.035 specific gravity on a urine test, which made even my doc pretty bewildered).
I will reduce the amount of sodium I consume tomorrow, just wanted to hear your thoughts.
I've observed when I eat solid food, I shouldn't drink anything for at least an hour. It's not supposed to move beyond the proximal stomach immediately. Drinking, particularly hypotonic fluid, in this time will screw up digestion and fluid balance.

pauljacob

Sure, too much salt causes dehydration and stresses the Kidneys.

Vins7

I've observed when I eat solid food, I shouldn't drink anything for at least an hour. It's not supposed to move beyond the proximal stomach immediately. Drinking, particularly hypotonic fluid, in this time will screw up digestion and fluid balance.
What fluid could we drink that isn't hypotonic?

BearWithMe

Have had exactly the same experience.

Magnesium supplements in high doses do the same thing.

OP
Ippodrom47

Ippodrom47

Have had exactly the same experience.

Magnesium supplements in high doses do the same thing.
Hi! Were you able to resolve it?
My "pattern" is usually as follows - eat foods that may be too salty, then get thirsty, drink water, then after a short time my urine is still dark and concentrated, then, it seems that all that water starts to come out of me - going to the bathroom every 20 minutes, urine completely transparent.

BearWithMe

Hi! Were you able to resolve it?
My "pattern" is usually as follows - eat foods that may be too salty, then get thirsty, drink water, then after a short time my urine is still dark and concentrated, then, it seems that all that water starts to come out of me - going to the bathroom every 20 minutes, urine completely transparent.
I think the cause is deficiency of some mineral, that have antigonistic relationship with sodium/chloride/magnesium.

Phosphorus or calcium are most likely.