Am I addicted to salt?

Grouptose

I wanna know if this is a concern, I know salt is promoted in the ray peat community. But I think I add a little too much salt to my food, like even when the meat is really salty I get more salt because it doesn't feel satisfying enough. I don't want to restrict salt altogether because I know there's benefits, but how do I know if I'm eating too much? My urine also smells like salt now, should I just stop adding salt altogether for a while, or should I just let someone else add the salt for me so that I can know what the "Normal" intake of salt is? I'm confused. I think this salt is causing a mild headache for me aswell

Gânico

I think your ravenous craving for salt comes from a mineral imbalance.. maybe because your diet is lacking calcium and other alkali minerals in general. See, as a heavy milk drinker myself, i'm disgusted by salt, it doesn't appetize me at all.

But you shouldn't stop using it, keep salting according to your taste, but try to incorporate more source of minerals to your diet, especially calcium, which is very important.

golder

I think your ravenous craving for salt comes from a mineral imbalance.. maybe because your diet is lacking calcium and other alkali minerals in general. See, as a heavy milk drinker myself, i'm disgusted by salt, it doesn't appetize me at all.

But you shouldn't stop using it, keep salting according to your taste, but try to incorporate more source of minerals to your diet, especially calcium, which is very important.
Interesting. I insatiably crave salt as well. Other than calcium, what else could we be deficient in? I want to cover all bases and try several routes.

OP
Grouptose

Grouptose

Interesting. I insatiably crave salt as well. Other than calcium, what else could we be deficient in? I want to cover all bases and try several routes.
I would say just add a few pinches of salt to all meals of the day, and ignore any other craving and focus on something else. I think we've become dependent to a high amount of salt, we need to get used to eating an average amount of salt instead I think

Gânico

Well, craving too much salt means you are losing it easily, which is often a sign of low thyroid.

I just mentioned alkali minerals, especially calcium, because they compensate for each other, and that could be the reason why @Grouptose is "addicted" to salt, since he is eating only fruit and meat.

Milk/dairy is a very good source of the main protective minerals, and when i drink lots of it, i feel that i don't need to consume salt at all, lacking appetite for it, which means i'm retaining sodium very well.