Those with high liquid diets -- How much salt?

Sefton10

"Suitable for vegetarians"
Do you think that indicates additional dodgy stuff not listed as ingredients? My understanding is when it is PDO it has to be made in the 'traditional' way, which would be by using rennet. Therefore, if they are using suitable for vegetarians rennet, it is likely not great. Is anything safe from the clutches of Pfizer? Looks like feta is off the menu for me. FFS!

"Because of the above imperfections of microbial and animal rennets, many producers sought other replacements of rennet. With genetic engineering it became possible to isolate rennet genes from animals and introduce them into certain bacteria, fungi, or yeasts to make them produce recombinant chymosin during fermentation. The genetically modified microorganism is killed after fermentation and chymosin isolated from the fermentation broth, so that the fermentation-produced chymosin (FPC) used by cheese producers does not contain a GMO or any GMO DNA. FPC is identical to chymosin made by an animal, but is produced in a more efficient way. FPC products have been on the market since 1990 and, because the quantity needed per unit of milk can be standardized, are commercially viable alternatives to crude animal or plant rennets, as well as generally preferred to them in industrial production.[12]

Originally created by biotechnology company Pfizer, FPC was the first artificially-produced enzyme to be registered and allowed by the US Food and Drug Administration.[13][14] In 1999, about 60% of US hard cheeses were made with FPC,[15] and it has up to 80% of the global market share for rennet.[16] By 2017, FPC takes up 90% of the global market share for rennet.[17]"

Cloudhands

if i feel clammy or cold or anxious i take a quarter tsp of salt and wash it down with milk. if it doesnt make it go away completely ill do it again in 30-60 minutes and keep doing it until i feel static. Also, ive found that i need to supplement magnesium and fat solubles or the salt wont work as well. ive found that i prefer the feeling of being thirsty to being anxious or clammy, so i tend to be on the heavier side. Being super thirsty makes it really easy to drink a ton of liquids for me.

Sitaruîm

I get salt from cheese—goat Gouda and Manchego—so I don’t know how much exactly, but I usually have around 4 oz of cheese a day and going by their labels, that’s 640 mg to 800 mg of sodium. I’m drinking 4 liters of milk and a couple glasses of juice daily. I’ve tried salting the milk and juice, but found it unpleasant.
Impressive, how many calories per day do you reckon that you eat?

Jennifer

Impressive, how many calories per day do you reckon that you eat?

Thanks! I get roughly 2800 calories most days and over 3000 for a few days leading up to my period.

peter88

He says some people don't tolerate it. And sometimes you can tolerate one type and not another, so be on the alert to that. Fortunately it works for me. I like it.
Baking soda in oj tastes pretty good !!
How much baking soda do you add to the OJ? A tsp?

Birdie

How much baking soda do you add to the OJ? A tsp?
Not sure. It's a big glass and maybe 1/2 tsp. If you don't have pulp, then a tsp could work.

P

Peatness

What is the best way to calculate the amount of salt you should eat. Is there a figure by body weight?

E

eat my peat

I’ve been using sodium chloride tablets lately to help get me there. I just couldn’t salt enough, but the tablets help get me to 5g+ and to feeling a lot more balanced.
very interesting...

been drinking a gallon of milk a day and not a fan of the salt taste when added.

how do you space out the sodium chloride tablets? found 1 gram tablets. take one every couple hours?

I

i_nomad

very interesting...

been drinking a gallon of milk a day and not a fan of the salt taste when added.

how do you space out the sodium chloride tablets? found 1 gram tablets. take one every couple hours?
Sorry for the late reply.

At first I seemed to be pretty lacking in sodium so it was mostly just trying to keep up with that. Seemed I needed quite a few thousand mg in a day to stay ahead of the symptoms. So I would usually take some with each glass of milk.

I think I wasn’t careful enough about taking them with enough food or milk and they were upsetting my stomach so I had to back off a little temporarily, but now I’m back to taking regularly. I guess that’s the risk of it not being dispersed in food and taken in slowly with each bite.

David90

Now that my thyroid has improved from supplementing thyroid, I can tolerate more liquids than I used to -- over a gallon total of orange juice and milk. I just can't seem to get my salt intake right. If I have too much salt I get super thirsty, but not enough salt and I pee all day. I can't use appetite as a guide because I don't enjoy salting my milk or OJ, so I have no craving for salt. I don't eat many foods that imply added salt, like starches or meat.

Those of you with high liquid diets, how much salt do you take to feel optimal? Do you take it straight, or add it into your liquids?

Thanks.
10-12g of Salt per Day mixed with the Liquids throughout the Day.

I

i_nomad

What is the best way to calculate the amount of salt you should eat. Is there a figure by body weight?
I saw a post by haidut where he was discussing a study that saw increased benefits from increased sodium. Believe it was 6g, 9g, 12g added for the different groups. The forum post also mentioned something about Europeans in the 1500s getting something like 100g+. Also a different study that found that the body wasted something like 20g…

Seems there are some serious contradictions here. Especially considering each additional MILLIgram is considered to be increasingly poisonous by the mainstream. 2g is the maximum recommended. Just crazy to think it is likely very wrong… still trying to come to terms with it myself.

…but several grams only seemed to benefit me, and more with each additional.

Cloudhands

i bought salt tablets a little bit ago, that way its easy to take salt with a high liquid diet, taking salt in table salt form burned my throat, taking salt tablets doesnt. i take salt as needed, if im clammy, or anxious, i need more, but adequate calcium, magnesium and potassium is just as important tbh.

P

Peatness

I saw a post by haidut where he was discussing a study that saw increased benefits from increased sodium. Believe it was 6g, 9g, 12g added for the different groups. The forum post also mentioned something about Europeans in the 1500s getting something like 100g+. Also a different study that found that the body wasted something like 20g…

Seems there are some serious contradictions here. Especially considering each additional MILLIgram is considered to be increasingly poisonous by the mainstream. 2g is the maximum recommended. Just crazy to think it is likely very wrong… still trying to come to terms with it myself.

…but several grams only seemed to benefit me, and more with each additional.
Thank you.

Sefton10

Cloudhands

i recently started consuming sodum:potassium in a 1:1 ratio, and then adding an additional 3g of salt for the amount lost from coffee consumption. this means ontop of the 2.3g of sodium the food in my diet naturally has, 17g of added salt (6.5g of sodium) a day, to counteract the 7g of potassium i get from my diet. i take salt tablets since my diets mostly milk based, and im not going to put salt in my coffee lol. ill update how this makes me feel, but i think its good.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

There was a method posted by @theLaw where you take a small amount of salt every 15 or 30 minutes.
I tried that at the end of last year and it made a huge difference. I felt like my dopamine, progesterone and energy levels were higher .
It's just a pain to think about it all the time .I think thats why I stopped .
I just carried an empty vitamin bottle filled with salt everywhere and took a small amount every hour or as often as I could.

High salt is also what helped me most with high altitude adaption
My diet is super high liquid (mostly milk, coffee, and juice) and I take thyroid. My temps have been good but I haven’t been able to get much deep sleep, and it takes me sometimes over an hour to fall asleep.

For the past two days I’ve been trying this method, from theLaw and you, of taking 1/2 tsp of salt every hour. I take over 2 tbsp of added salt per day. So far my sleep has improved a little bit and I think I do feel better.

Mauritio

My diet is super high liquid (mostly milk, coffee, and juice) and I take thyroid. My temps have been good but I haven’t been able to get much deep sleep, and it takes me sometimes over an hour to fall asleep.

For the past two days I’ve been trying this method, from theLaw and you, of taking 1/2 tsp of salt every hour. I take over 2 tbsp of added salt per day. So far my sleep has improved a little bit and I think I do feel better.
I think it might have to do with salts uncoupling effects, creating more CO2. Which would explain why it helped me at high altitude, and why a relatively steady blood concentration was needed, similarly to aspirins uncoupling protocol, which has been discussed here before.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals