Protein Deficiency And Pulse

octaviankid

I know certain vitamin/mineral deficiencies can manifest themselves in physical signs i.e. zinc=white marks on nails or copper=low co2 and/or greying hair, too low fat diet=dry skin etc. I"m currently playing around with my macronutrients, and just curious if a protein deficiency has any symptoms. When I was vegan (a little under a year ago) I was eating 30-60g/a day and now I try to get around 100g (i weigh 190lbs). I like to weight train, and i'm moderately active otherwise. I was thinking about experimenting with 1g/lb of bodyweight just to see what happens. I've been trying everything to get my pulse rate up ..doing things such as increasing sugar,salt, saturated fat (its been in the low 60s since forever it seems)..What do you all think? Thanks :mrgreen:

treelady

I believe low pulse can indicate low thyroid and protein deficiency is one of the causes of hypothyroid.

“Besides fasting, or chronic protein deficiency, the common causes of hypothyroidism are excessive stress or ‘aerobic’ (i.e. anaerobic) exercise, and diets containing beans, lentils, nuts, unsaturated fats (including carotene), and undercooked broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, or mustard greens. Many health conscious people become hypothyroid with a synergistic program of undercooked vegetables, legumes instead of animal proteins, oils instead of butter, carotene instead of vitamin A, and breathless exercise instead of a stimulating life.”- RP

marcar72

Well for me protein deficiency caused symptoms of:

Anemia (bruising easily, slow wound healing, crazy chronic ear/sinus infection all summer (whole right side of head eventually), felt that toxins were building up in my brain, etc, etc with other anemia symptoms...

Insomnia for years now, just starting to get some solid sleep here lately...

Muscle Wasting, my body started catabolizing itself to get the protein it needed for more important functions...

Probably countless other symptoms that would come and go...

Here's a good link on protein deficiency, symptoms, and whatnot:

http://sphynxcatvp.nocturna.org/health/sc-mal-protein.html

It's a "Real Vampires" support page but don't let that throw you off. It's very well laid out and has additional links at the bottem of the page on protein. :2cents

treelady

Thank you Marcar72, that is a good page. Very succinct and easy to understand... no technical jargon, no words to look up. It's a good place to start. Then you could dig through Ray Peat's info for the whys and hows and interrelationships based on his unbiased interpretations of results from actual studies.

TurtleNeck

Well for me protein deficiency caused symptoms of:

Anemia (bruising easily, slow wound healing, crazy chronic ear/sinus infection all summer (whole right side of head eventually), felt that toxins were building up in my brain, etc, etc with other anemia symptoms...

Insomnia for years now, just starting to get some solid sleep here lately...

Muscle Wasting, my body started catabolizing itself to get the protein it needed for more important functions...

Probably countless other symptoms that would come and go...

Here's a good link on protein deficiency, symptoms, and whatnot:

(SphynxCatVP) - SphynxCatVP - Malnutrition: Protein Deficiency

It's a "Real Vampires" support page but don't let that throw you off. It's very well laid out and has additional links at the bottem of the page on protein. :2cents

Nice post. But that vampire site is weird lol

FitnessMike

I believe low pulse can indicate low thyroid and protein deficiency is one of the causes of hypothyroid.

“Besides fasting, or chronic protein deficiency, the common causes of hypothyroidism are excessive stress or ‘aerobic’ (i.e. anaerobic) exercise, and diets containing beans, lentils, nuts, unsaturated fats (including carotene), and undercooked broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, or mustard greens. Many health conscious people become hypothyroid with a synergistic program of undercooked vegetables, legumes instead of animal proteins, oils instead of butter, carotene instead of vitamin A, and breathless exercise instead of a stimulating life.”- RP
I think i started waking up at night due to too low protein, 3 am I'm hungry, I thought it was gone for good, and normally in the past that was due to low thyroid hormones which is not the case now.

I added back 250g beef today and its looks way better now, around 120g good quality protein, but without it i was eating around 70g quality from milk, eggs and cheese - if i will be able to fall back asleep back after 3am i was rihght.

But the histamine reaction from meat will be wild, gonna have to try SAMe i guess.

1705762717451.png

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals