New to Peat- Cold Hands/Feet/Hair

octaviankid

Hey everyone,

I got interested in Peat's work through Danny Roddy. I've was using propecia for several months to thicken up my hair and had great success. After discovering Danny Roddy's work, I attempted an experiment to see if I can make things even better without the use of propecia. Hair seems a bit worse One of the things that both Roddy and Peat talk about is pulse and body temperature. Ever since adopting the "Peat way of eating" it seems like my hands and feet are extremely cold. I'm vegetarian, so I had to adjust my diet accordingly. Here's some stats

Age 23
Male
Avg daily Pulse (73)
Avg daily Temp 97.1
Body Fat 9-10%
Weight 190lbs
Height 5'10"

8cups of orange juice
3-4tbsp of coconut oil
3raw carrots
8 small potatoes (boiled over a hr)
4tbsp great lakes gelatin
1serving of sun warrior protein. (Have minimal additives and h
1-2Tbsp raw honey
1brazil nut (for selenium)
Greens at dinner (boiled for over a hr)

Total is 3K-3.2K
protein 90-100g carbs 500-550g fats 60-70g
I don't count calories I just eat till I'm satisfied.
I'm into gymnastics, and so I train 5-6x a week (I know Peat is against high amounts of exercise, but because it's anaerobic I'm never breathing hard).

Supplements:
Calcium Carbonate (4g/day)
heavily salt everything
K2
Vit D (5000iu/day) I"m black, live in DC, and it's winter :mrgreen:
Natural Calm Magnesium (800mg)
Vit B6

Suggestions? I'm going to do Danny Roddy's coaching once I get enough funds, but until then do you guys have any suggestions on how I can approve? Thanks!

Mittir

Low temperature usually indicates hypothyroidism.
One should measure pulse and temperature 1-2 hours after breakfast.
8 cups of OJ can be too much for a hypo person. RP recommends thirst as a guide for fluid
intake. Extra salt helps with managing excess fluid. I think you can try
a low fluid diet until your metabolism is fixed.
You mentioned you are vegetarian and you are also using gelatin.
Gelatin is the only animal product in your diet.
If you are lactose intolerant you can try cottage cheese, farmers cheese
or other hard cheese as protein source.
RP thinks potato and fruits are good source of protein for
vegans. 1 quart of potato juice is equivalent to 1 quart of milk
in terms of protein. He thinks protein quality of grains and beans are very poor.
Sprouting improves protein quality of grains and beans.
RP thinks masa harina is a safe source of nutrient.
RP thinks quality of commercial supplement is very poor and
often a source of allergens.

OP
O

octaviankid

Thanks for the reply. Question about the dairy.
I used to drink a lot of milk, however, it was commercial fair (from costco). Once I stopped my definitely got better. Just wondering if it was because I have an allergy or that I was drinking crappy milk and other dairy products? I just don't want to make it worse lol.

The only ingredients in the protein: :Raw Organic Pea Protein, Raw Cranberry Protein, Raw Organic Hemp Seed Protein), Medium Chain Triglycerides from Coconut.
It's GMP certified for contaminants and its (supposedly) allergen free...But I'll keep a look out

Thanks for the tips!!
I'll cut down the OJ. Whats an ideal fat intake for someone with my stats? or what % of calories should I aim for?

aguilaroja

octaviankid said:
....The only ingredients in the protein: :Raw Organic Pea Protein, Raw Cranberry Protein, Raw Organic Hemp Seed Protein), Medium Chain Triglycerides from Coconut.
It's GMP certified for contaminants and its (supposedly) allergen free...But I'll keep a look out ....

Mitter's suggestions are excellent.

I may be flamed here for this, but it is difficult to get adequate good-quality protein from vegan sources. I wish for ecological and moral concerns that this were otherwise.

The vegetarian/vegan sources from beans (including soy), and also from seeds, have thyroid-lowering (goitrogen) and estrogenic properties. It's best to avoid or minimize them. I suspect most of the supplement powder using these ingredients are if anything worse than some of the traditional food preparations.

Read further on these forums about potato juice–that is one source. If you are okay both opinion & digestion-wise, think about including at least a few eggs per week. Cholesterol, despite some pharmaceutical hype, is a necessary nutrient.

A concern aobut exhaustive exercise is not only breath, but the accumulation of lactic acid in muscles. So using rest to minimize stiff, soggy, crampy muscles is helpful.

Young vegetarians have enough margin that many can tolerate protein deficiency for quite a while, but on closer questioning, things are often less than optimal. While the metabolism is being boosted, in this season in your area, I'd suggest extra care using warm clothing (hat, socks) to keep the core temperature up.

OP
O

octaviankid

aguilaroja said:
octaviankid said:
....The only ingredients in the protein: :Raw Organic Pea Protein, Raw Cranberry Protein, Raw Organic Hemp Seed Protein), Medium Chain Triglycerides from Coconut.
It's GMP certified for contaminants and its (supposedly) allergen free...But I'll keep a look out ....

Mitter's suggestions are excellent.

I may be flamed here for this, but it is difficult to get adequate good-quality protein from vegan sources. I wish for ecological and moral concerns that this were otherwise.

The vegetarian/vegan sources from beans (including soy), and also from seeds, have thyroid-lowering (goitrogen) and estrogenic properties. It's best to avoid or minimize them. I suspect most of the supplement powder using these ingredients are if anything worse than some of the traditional food preparations.

Read further on these forums about potato juice–that is one source. If you are okay both opinion & digestion-wise, think about including at least a few eggs per week. Cholesterol, despite some pharmaceutical hype, is a necessary nutrient.

A concern aobut exhaustive exercise is not only breath, but the accumulation of lactic acid in muscles. So using rest to minimize stiff, soggy, crampy muscles is helpful.

Young vegetarians have enough margin that many can tolerate protein deficiency for quite a while, but on closer questioning, things are often less than optimal. While the metabolism is being boosted, in this season in your area, I'd suggest extra care using warm clothing (hat, socks) to keep the core temperature up.

I'll incorporate a few eggs a week then. So about the dairy...when I was consuming commercial dairy I had acne, inflammation, and I'm sure contributed to my hair loss. Was is it the dairy or the stuff in it? Should I have the same response to see a grass-fed organic butter or cheese?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It seems people often 'react' to dairy when the metabolism is impaired for any /many reasons. When you add back dairy it is often necessary to gradually increase the amount. For example: starting off with perhaps a quater cup in some coffee and gradually increasing the amount overtime. It took me months. Some also have a problem with the vitamins added to milk. The only milk I can get without added vitamins is whole milk. Most major or store brands have added vitamins to all their milks regardless of the fat content. I ended up finding the milk that agreed with me at a health food store and it is in a glass container and labeled as organic and grass fed. It seems to actually be a law in the US to add vitamin A and D to any reduced fat milk. According to Peat nearly everyone can retrain the body to tolerate milk. Butter and cheese are a bit different than milk because they do not contain any sugar. I always have something sweet with cheese.

OP
O

octaviankid

Blossom said:
It seems people often 'react' to dairy when the metabolism is impaired for any /many reasons. When you add back dairy it is often necessary to gradually increase the amount. For example: starting off with perhaps a quater cup in some coffee and gradually increasing the amount overtime. It took me months. Some also have a problem with the vitamins added to milk. The only milk I can get without added vitamins is whole milk. Most major or store brands have added vitamins to all their milks regardless of the fat content. I ended up finding the milk that agreed with me at a health food store and it is in a glass container and labeled as organic and grass fed. It seems to actually be a law in the US to add vitamin A and D to any reduced fat milk. According to Peat nearly everyone can retrain the body to tolerate milk. Butter and cheese are a bit different than milk because they do not contain any sugar. I always have something sweet with cheese.

Cool. I actually went out on Saturday and picked up some grass-fed organic skim milk from Organic Valley. I downed 2cups without a problem. Milk has never made me feel "bad" per se, and the more I read the more I"m starting to believe that the inflammation and acne was due to the vitamins added to the commercial milk as opposed to the milk itself. Also, I tried out Matt Stone's overfeeding protocol to increase metabolism and it seems to be working quite well. Took my body temp this morning and it was a solid 97.5...took it about 1-2hrs after a white rice, butter, milk and coffee meal and it was 98.6.

answersfound

try to find milk that does not have added vitamins...usually this can be found at whole foods, only the whole milk does not have added vitamins...its amazing how much improvement i saw in my digestion when i switched...all these people think their lactose intolerant because they get bloating and indigestion, but little do they know that the added vitamins are probably the problem...also avoid carageenan, guar gum, xanthan gum, etc. these usually have the same effect on me as the added vitamins used to

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals