Temperature And Pulse High But Still Cold?

Fetch

Hi This is my first post here I've been reading the board for about a month trying to learn all I can and I'd like to thank all the regular posters for all there help already.

My question is about my wife we believe she maybe having issues with thyroid and may always have. She is always cold (cold feet, hands , nose, gets goose bumps easily) dry skin and a hard time waking. I think she also has sings of estrogen dominance (fibrocystic breasts, moderate endometriosis, long lasting periods with heavy clotting and diarrhea). Overall she is pretty healthy not sick much, active, good mood, can eat anything without issues other then at the beginning of her period.

A couple years ago we tried the paloe diet and it actually cleared up some of her issues improved the clotting and got her on a consistent 30 day cycle. But it only lasted about a year and then started getting bad again and the stress of keeping a strict diet wasn't worth it. We where never really strict low carbers still eating fruit, potatoes, rice and she has always been a sugar fiend so would still indulge once in awhile.

So about a month ago we started trying to introduce some Ray Peats ideas into our diet. I was checking my temps and pulse then be she just started this week. The thing is her temperature and pulse are pretty good (pulse in the 80's and temperature always above 99 but below 100 taken orally) even first thing in the morning.

So what I am thinking is maybe her stress hormones are high? From what I gather the best course of action maybe something like this.

1. Consistant sugar intake throughout the day

2. increased caffeine intake

3. Pregnenolone, we tried a dose of 100mg for a few days without any noticeable effect on mood or energy.

4. possibly BCAA/tyrosine serotonin depletion protocal

5. Thyroid supplementation

If it is in fact stress hormones as they lower her temps may lower indicating low thyroid? Is it worth getting blood tests and if so what ones? In the past the only time she has had any blood work done her natropath said she had slightly low thyroid and would treat if she wanted but was reluctant as they where working on other things (endometriosis) paleo made that better temporarily and so they never revisited thyroid. What else could cause these symptoms?

She is 34 height weight appropriate (could loose a little weight just not a priority and not afraid to gain a little either) probably gets around 3000 calories a day good appetite and loves food. I would assume good protein as we add gelatin to soups, coffee, and sauces and she eats cheese, milk, meat (beef, lamb, goat and seafood) and loves organ meats including liver but I do most of the cooking and have skimped on it in the past. She has a pretty active job at a vet does a lot of lifting and walking and rides a bike to and from work about half the month which is a 7 mile trip both ways with a lot of hills. But doesn't exercise otherwise. She has had high stress in the past being homelessness, drug addiction (meth but 15 years ago), violence at home, very low calories, we lived on stale bread grilled with vegetable oil for weeks at a time at one point while drinking unfiltered water, veganism lots of soy, no money for food and very cold dark houses etc. But not much stress these days or for the past about 10 years she has a job that she loves, no debt, healthy long term relationship 14 years, plenty of food and money and I keep the house as hot as she wants plus she has heated blanks, good friends no drama anywhere. So maybe not stress? just estrogen?

I hope this isn't too scattered or incoherent and that I spelled at least a few things right. I don't spend much time writing or on the computer and have no science back round (I'm carpenter) so sorry in advance and thanks for any help. I am sure I left a lot of important stuff out so feel free the ask questions.

natedawggh

Paleo can actually be better than some diets, so going paleo could have either added missing things to the diet, but conversely it more likely caused a little more stress so that the body created more adaptive hormones, temporarily relieving symptoms. Either way, yes, it's not too healthy and the effects would not last long.

Increased sugar/caffeine/pregnenolone... these are all good things. Diet sounds great just add more fruit, and potatoes are great as long as they don't cause digestive issues.

The problems she's experiencing sound like a vitamin K2 deficiency, but could also be helped by supplementing niacinamide (which everyone should be taking! It's very therapeutic and necessary for health). I take 1000mg (2 500mg capsules) morning and night. Don't take K2 with silica or titanium in it. These are toxic.

One way Ray Peat said to diagnose hypothyroid if the temps and pulse are high in the morning is to see if they actually come down after eating breakfast (make sure it's not just cause the mouth is cooled off my milk, etc). If the temp and heart rate do come down after eating, she probably has very high adrenaline. This can be helped by improving thyroid function. Progesterone is ideal for women and would have a more therapeutic effect for her, especially if pregvnenlone didn't do anything.

I agree with both of you... From your description, high body temp, but cold feet, hands and nose, she seems to have very high cortisol/adrenaline keeping her body temp up, and high estrogen making her feel cold.

I would use hourly drinks of orange juice or any sweet drink to counter the high cortisol/adrenaline. Don't let her get low on sugar, or the cortisol will kick in.

And I would use Progest-E to counter the estrogen: Take three drops of Progest-E. Wait ten minutes and see how she feels, and if she warms up. If needed, take three drops again. Keep doing that until she feels better. You might need to do it five or ten times.

Really glad you and she are doing well. All the best to you.

Nice comment, natedawggh! I do niacinamide in doses of 250 mg. every two hours. This is a protocol developed by Kaufman in clinical practice with a thousand patients.

superhuman

visionofstrength said:
I agree with both of you... From your description, high body temp, but cold feet, hands and nose, she seems to have very high cortisol/adrenaline keeping her body temp up, and high estrogen making her feel cold.

I would use hourly drinks of orange juice or any sweet drink to counter the high cortisol/adrenaline. Don't let her get low on sugar, or the cortisol will kick in.

And I would use Progest-E to counter the estrogen: Take three drops of Progest-E. Wait ten minutes and see how she feels, and if she warms up. If needed, take three drops again. Keep doing that until she feels better. You might need to do it five or ten times.

Really glad you and she are doing well. All the best to you.

Nice comment, natedawggh! I do niacinamide in doses of 250 mg. every two hours. This is a protocol developed by Kaufman in clinical practice with a thousand patients.

As i said before vos, i love your posts and information.

I was wondering, how do you take your niacinamide? do you take 250mg in capsules ? or do you take the powder on your tongue?

Since the two methods will differ in terms of how fast you will get the niacinamide into your system i guess?

superhuman said:
As i said before vos, i love your posts and information.

I was wondering, how do you take your niacinamide? do you take 250mg in capsules ? or do you take the powder on your tongue?

Since the two methods will differ in terms of how fast you will get the niacinamide into your system i guess?
Thank you buddy. Your posts always can be counted on to bring a smile to my face.

I've tried niacinamide as both powder and capsules, and now do whatever is convenient, since when taking it so often, convenience seems to make it easier. I think Kaufman used capsules in his clinical practice, so they should be ok. The powder saves a little money, I think.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals