Getting Back Into RP'ing - Feedback Kindly Accepted

OP
OJ15

OJ15

You got some bright incandescents to relax under?

Not at the moment. I experienced with a red heat lamp (chicken coop-style) a couple years back, didn't seem to do much at all. But maybe I'll try again.
Incandescents are being phased out where I live at the moment, due to their supposed toll on the environment. Anyways, I can probably order from the UK or the US.

How many would I need and what wattage?

Same situation as me. I'll pm you a link of a pretty interesting thing

Thanks, I'll have a look. Still, I feel that as long as my metabolism is functioning at a subpar level (pulse and temp), I'm not giving myself the best chances of healing.
How are your temps and pulse rate EIRE?

Lilac

In regard to skin problems, after Peating for a few years, I can see the pattern: When constipation/endotoxin/high estrogen strikes, my face breaks out a little. (Other symptoms are throbbing near a bad tooth, pain behind my right eye, and sneezes.) Then it's back to the carrot salad. I have experimented with charcoal recently, too, which seems effective. It took years for me to recognize endotoxin symptoms. But now that I can, it is much easier to treat. Good luck and stick with it.

tara

Not at the moment. I experienced with a red heat lamp (chicken coop-style) a couple years back, didn't seem to do much at all. But maybe I'll try again.

How many would I need and what wattage?
Maybe give your chicken heat lamp another go since you already have it.
There are long threads discussing options for red light therapy.

OP
OJ15

OJ15

In regard to skin problems, after Peating for a few years, I can see the pattern: When constipation/endotoxin/high estrogen strikes, my face breaks out a little. (Other symptoms are throbbing near a bad tooth, pain behind my right eye, and sneezes.) Then it's back to the carrot salad. I have experimented with charcoal recently, too, which seems effective. It took years for me to recognize endotoxin symptoms. But now that I can, it is much easier to treat. Good luck and stick with it.

That's interesting, I actually get "sneeze-sessions" sometimes as well. Also, sometimes my face itches/gets irritated in conjuction, there might be a connection. I wouldn't say I ever feel constipated, I elminate 1-2 times a day (sorry for being so explicit :) ) But actually read somewhere that most detoxing works through urination.. thoughts?

I eat a raw carrot a day already, maybe I should look into activated charcoal. How do you use it Lilac?

Maybe give your chicken heat lamp another go since you already have it.
There are long threads discussing options for red light therapy.

I actually threw it out because I didn't see the point in keeping it. Is this the sort of thing I should acquire?
Lettuce 1x Vintage light bulb Retro old fashioned Edison Style E27 Screw ST64 19 anchors 40W 220V - Squirrel Cage tungsten filament glass antique Lamp: Amazon.co.uk: Lighting

Peat Moss

Hey Eire, it was actually your thread I was reading.

Good question, it seems to fluctuate. Quite frustrating really. I have a feeling that my mental state plays a substantial role in how my skin looks. The problem with that is, it can turn into a catch 22 situation at times. E.g. If school is frustrating, is stresses me out which may lead to a bit of a breakout which stresses me out even further and so on.
I once went to travelling to Australia, I was completely clear despite drinking 3-4 nights a week, eating junk food etc. My theory is the stress free environment was a major factor (sun, relaxing, vacation - you know, that whole thing ;) )

It seems like diet isn't my biggest causing factor, but I can't say for sure. Digestion seems fine, never have any major stomach issues due to trying new foods or whatever.

Wow your story sounds exactly the same as mine. I cannot figure out what's wrong with my skin. No vitamin or anything works for it

I've found that when I ate corn chips with 1 or more avocados every single day my skin was the best it has ever been. I would actually use the word flawless. No kidding. For me, using the word flawless is a big thing here. I think it might have been other things in conjunction with the 1 or more avocados everyday. I had roast chicken once a week during that time too, and the next day I would take nearly an hour diligently picking the leftover meat clinging to the carcass closest to the bones and mix it with everything that congealed to the bottom of the plate. I also ate thick greasy beef burritos with the ground beef pan-fried in olive oil once a week. Everything was organic. The combo of heavy use of monounsaturated oils from avocados and olive oil foods, and the chicken carcass gelatin seemed to help me like nothing ever had when it came to my skin.

The stress thing I think is very important also. During that time I decided to not care at all about how my skin would look. If there was the extremely rare occurrence of a tiny blemish due to higher stress or something, it healed completely without a trace in less than a single day. That's amazing since blemishes in the past would take several weeks to heal. I only rinsed my face with warm water from the sink, no soap. I didn't even rinse everyday but when I did the skin was slick and smooth I guess from all the oil coming out, but it was a cleansing healing type oil.

I hope this helps somehow

tara

40 watts is decorative. 250 watts or more would be better. But you can't put 250 watt bulbs into regular light fittings because they put out too much heat. I think the fittings for chooks are made for the hotter bulbs.

DaveFoster

Any serotonin antagonist will make you eat more. Cyproheptadine is safe. Mirtazapine should be prescribed for anorexia. It's unreal how much one can eat on mirtazapine. I'm talking 2000 kcal in one sitting.

OP
OJ15

OJ15

I've found that when I ate corn chips with 1 or more avocados every single day my skin was the best it has ever been. I would actually use the word flawless. No kidding. For me, using the word flawless is a big thing here. I think it might have been other things in conjunction with the 1 or more avocados everyday. I had roast chicken once a week during that time too, and the next day I would take nearly an hour diligently picking the leftover meat clinging to the carcass closest to the bones and mix it with everything that congealed to the bottom of the plate. I also ate thick greasy beef burritos with the ground beef pan-fried in olive oil once a week. Everything was organic. The combo of heavy use of monounsaturated oils from avocados and olive oil foods, and the chicken carcass gelatin seemed to help me like nothing ever had when it came to my skin.

The stress thing I think is very important also. During that time I decided to not care at all about how my skin would look. If there was the extremely rare occurrence of a tiny blemish due to higher stress or something, it healed completely without a trace in less than a single day. That's amazing since blemishes in the past would take several weeks to heal. I only rinsed my face with warm water from the sink, no soap. I didn't even rinse everyday but when I did the skin was slick and smooth I guess from all the oil coming out, but it was a cleansing healing type oil.

I hope this helps somehow

So you're saying nachos and guac healed you, I'll give it a go ;)

40 watts is decorative. 250 watts or more would be better. But you can't put 250 watt bulbs into regular light fittings because they put out too much heat. I think the fittings for chooks are made for the hotter bulbs.

Alright, I see. I talked with EIRE about tanning beds. Is there any value to those, or are the just cancer-inducers? I'm used to hearing that they mostly emit the harmful UV-rays.

Any serotonin antagonist will make you eat more. Cyproheptadine is safe. Mirtazapine should be prescribed for anorexia. It's unreal how much one can eat on mirtazapine. I'm talking 2000 kcal in one sitting.

Appetite is actually doing okay, and actaully would prefer to avoid "superfluous" supps. I don't know why, I just feel like gradually ramping up calories instead of jumping 1000+ cals from one day to the next.
What about macro ratios, does Peat recommend anything in terms of percentages?

Thanks for

DaveFoster

So you're saying nachos and guac healed you, I'll give it a go ;)

Alright, I see. I talked with EIRE about tanning beds. Is there any value to those, or are the just cancer-inducers? I'm used to hearing that they mostly emit the harmful UV-rays.

Appetite is actually doing okay, and actaully would prefer to avoid "superfluous" supps. I don't know why, I just feel like gradually ramping up calories instead of jumping 1000+ cals from one day to the next.
What about macro ratios, does Peat recommend anything in terms of percentages?

Thanks for
It's more difficult to consume adequate calories with low-fat. He thinks 25/25/50 PRT,CHO,FAT is "biological," but he personally eats much less fat. It might be better to eat closer to 20% fat in the long run with more calories, so you end up with 20/60/20 PRT,CHO,FAT.

OP
OJ15

OJ15

It's more difficult to consume adequate calories with low-fat. He thinks 25/25/50 PRT,CHO,FAT is "biological," but he personally eats much less fat. It might be better to eat closer to 20% fat in the long run with more calories, so you end up with 20/60/20 PRT,CHO,FAT.

Roger that, thanks Dave!
Do you have any suggestions with regard to light therapy/tanning beds?

DaveFoster

Lilac

maybe I should look into activated charcoal. How do you use it Lilac? [URL='https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lettuce-Vintage-fashioned-ST64-anchors/dp/B00PIOJGKI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1487334992&sr=8-4&keywords=incandescent+light+bulb' said:

I have used it only a few times, so I can't say for sure. Nothing negative to report so far. The first time I tried it, I was in a big endotoxin storm. I used cascara, charcoal, carrot salad, and progesterone as the treatment, so it's impossible to pinpoint one thing that worked.

DaveFoster

Do you think any of these lamps would be of use? If not for full-body-stimulation, but perhaps more of a focused effort on the face?
Infrared lamps
They could be, but I use a brooder light and bulb from amazon.

OP
OJ15

OJ15

They could be, but I use a brooder light and bulb from amazon.

I used a brooder lamp earlier, it was quite cumbersome to use (i.e. big, clunky, impractical). I'll try and look into the more 'portable' ones.
What are your thoughts in terms of the glass that makes up the bulbs? Does it have to be clear, or are the "frosted" bulbs equally effective?

Here's an example of a "frosted" bulb: Infrared Heavy-Duty Hard Glass Heat Bulbs - 175 Watt (Red Glass) | QC Supply

DaveFoster

J

James IV

Same experience! Exact same symptoms, crazy! I got a fake tooth from an old sucker punch injury, and it hurts when I'm getting toxic. And same pain behind my eye! I also get fatter without a change in intake, and my skin looks worse. I've found too much calcium, in relation to magnesium, seems to be an easy issue to get into when my diet is based heavily on Ray's suggested staple foods. this can really dry out the digestive system and slow things down.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals