Salt has DROPPED my blood pressure up to 40 points!

Diddleum

Lots of hypothroid symptoms. 39 years old lean male.

Always battling my health issues, I recently started taking my blood pressure again, as its always been onthe high side. The highest it was was 140/90!

Ive never avoided salt, I eat regular junk food.

Been salting more and more and yeah it started to drop a bit. I had a day of being less strict with my salt intake and I got headaches depression and BP went up a little.

Today Ive eaten 30grams of salt, quite easily by putting stock cubes in hot water. I actually find this delicious! Since the intake over the last few hours my blood pressure is now as low as 100/58!

Ive been drinking these salt drinks for about a week, but today I really went for it.

Anedotally I have felt a little better, more motivated but notably my penis and scotum are MUCH more relaxed and hanging alot looser where they are usually small and tight agasint my body!

Ive had zero bloating if anything my skin and face looks fresher and tighter... I am doing a low carb diet atm so I guess that might explain the lack for bloating.

I have noticed i am passing stools more regular this week.

Im excited with this finding.
How much salt do I need? What should I look out for as I keep increasing? I am enjoying the drinks so I guess I am taking my salt to taste?

Motif

I got no answer for you, but I wonder if you tried upping your potassium and magnesium too, cause I think this has a lot of effect on it too

Birdie

This is great. Glad it's helping you. My sister started using salt tablets and said it was great. I am trying to use more salt and it helps me sleep better.

Vins7

Did you use to pee transparent? Did you have other symptoms like cold hands and feet? Have you got cravings for taking so much salt or you only force you to take it?

OP
D

Diddleum

Did you use to pee transparent? Did you have other symptoms like cold hands and feet? Have you got cravings for taking so much salt or you only force you to take it?
Wouldn’t say transparent no, but not dark. Somewhere in between.

cold hands abs feet have never been. Regular thing for me. If anything I’m hotter than most people. I wear shorts in uk winter and struggle wearing more than a t shirt as I feel hot and sweaty.

I rarely sweat even during exercise. I wonder if this will change with all this salt intake.

wouldn’t say I ever crave anything as I’m generally quite flat in emotion. But I definitely enjoy these salty drinks which most people find gross. I e joy salting my food when I remember but I often forget..

OP
D

Diddleum

Yeah, it's good stuff.

What's your reasoning behind a low carb diet btw?
Well I don’t tolerate carbs very well they send me on a emotional rollercoaster abs I have hospital tested reactive hypoglycaemia.

im aware than low salt can cause insulin resistance so maybe they will work for me once in salt loaded and adapted.

I’ve tried all the usual rp diets but it ruins me I feel awful. But I had never considered taking 30g plus if salt.

woke up today after chugging salt, I feel more relaxed than usual. My heart beat is softer notably than usual. My BP isn’t quite as low as last night but still 120/80 ish.

just drinking. Hot drink of 4 stock cubes and it tastes great with about 15g of salt in it!

—~a hour after my salt drink my bp has dropped 10 points to around 110/70…. Do I have some mad salt wasting problem?

the drink has also made me feel wonderfully warm relaxed and sleepy. Whereas when I woke I had a little bit of get up and go energy.

09:00 my temp is 37, hr is 87. Extremities are warm and Cosey. I’ve not eaten anything other than this salt drink. My body seems to like it.

Last edited:

rei

low carb makes you waste salt. I was drinking seasalted carbonated water when i did low carb. You cannot easily get too much salt, as it tastes good when you need it, and completely repulsive when you have had enough.

P

Peatness

I tried increasing my salt intake. 2 teaspoons in 24 hours, not a lot. My blood pressure went through the roof plus I looked really swollen. My potassium intake is high, magnesium good, calcium aroung 2000mg per day. I am still baffled why I cannot tolerate salt. Dr Peat may be wrong on this.

I

i_nomad

I tried increasing my salt intake. 2 teaspoons in 24 hours, not a lot. My blood pressure went through the roof plus I looked really swollen. My potassium intake is high, magnesium good, calcium aroung 2000mg per day. I am still baffled why I cannot tolerate salt. Dr Peat may be wrong on this.

As with every change, it takes time to increase and get used to it. Your body is accustomed to being deprived of a mineral and will need some time. Take it slowly.

There was a bit of a transition for me, but it wasn’t long before my body started reacting positively as I increased.

David PS

P

Peatness

As with every change, it takes time to increase and get used to it. Your body is accustomed to being deprived of a mineral and will need some time. Take it slowly.

There was a bit of a transition for me, but it wasn’t long before my body started reacting positively as I increased.
Thank you. I've been grappling with this for years, since peating.

I

i_nomad

I’m not sure I like that study. It doesn’t seem to take into account the current diet of the population. Correlating salt intake with heart disease without taking into consideration things like PUFA consumption makes this
meaningless.

P

Peatness

Not tolerating salt that well, can’t go beyond a teaspoon a day. Trying bile acids

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals