Is Salt The Best Way To Immediately Increase Body Temp?

yoshiesque

I have been eating food with small amount of salt (1/2 teaspoon) every meal. It doesnt help body temps much. My body temp was around 36.4.

But I just ate a meal (lean beef mince + sweet potato) with 1 teaspoon of salt and my temp went up to 36.7 one hour after. It seems that salt is what immediately increases body temps.

IF that is the case, should I be experimenting with MORE salt? I recall reading that while salt is important, you probably only need 2-3 teaspoons and too much salt can also cause problems.

I figure if the ONLY issue salt has is increased blood pressure, then I can just continuously check my blood pressure (i have the device) to make sure its not bad. What I do notice is I dont get high blood pressure, but instead normalized. Because naturally, without salt intake, my blood pressure is low (just below normal).

I know that salt can only be bad for people with already high blood pressure issues, so just hoping that it doesnt effect me if i end up eating heaps of salt (say 3-4 teaspoons).

BTW, i find that 1/2 teaspoon via an actual measuring spoon tends to fill up a standard teaspoon you have in your kitchen.

Daimyo

It's not only about salt (that's one factor), but other thing is the fact, that you are not drinking a lot of water when you eat beef, sweet potatoes and salt - you make your body juices a bit more dense and some people get great benefits from that (me included).

Think about it as it's not only what you put in your body, but what you use up or waits. If you drink too much (more than your body tells you) you might be loosing a lot of electrolytes in your urine, including sodium.

Anyway experimenting with more salt won't kill you, so you might try to check out what happens when you eat more.

Check what Ray writes about it:
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/salt.shtml

RPDiciple

True, i cant stress the importance of listen to your body instead of gurus. When your metabolic rate and everything improves you will get more thirsty and when you drink it will raise your body temperature and you will evavoprate more water.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals