Would two teaspoons(14g) of pink salt a day cause harm?

zafiroff

Hey!

Due to a chronic illness (gastroptosis/visceroptosis), I cannot use the restroom normally, no matter what my diet, water intake, and magnesium intake for the day are. The only resort for me is to drink a liter of water with 2 teaspoons of pink Himalayan salt in it(with half a lemon for taste), otherwise, I am in complete agony for the rest of the day and feel like death.

I just measured and two teaspoons are approximately 14 grams.

I am mainly worried about my eyesight and blood pressure(which is usually pretty low).

Thanks in advance!

EnergeticLeo

Welcome!

Salt doesn't necessarily increase blood pressure, and in some cases can reduce it by inhibiting the RAAS (renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system) as Ray explains here Salt, energy, metabolic rate, and longevity.

In stress you can lose a lot of salt. haidut mentioned here (Optimal Sodium Intake Is At Least 230% Higher Than RDA) that one can lose even upto 30 g of sodium per day, which would drastically increase salt requirements.

Do you mean that the salt + water + lemon mix helps bowel movements?

M

MadnessofMemory

Hey!

Due to a chronic illness (gastroptosis/visceroptosis), I cannot use the restroom normally, no matter what my diet, water intake, and magnesium intake for the day are. The only resort for me is to drink a liter of water with 2 teaspoons of pink Himalayan salt in it(with half a lemon for taste), otherwise, I am in complete agony for the rest of the day and feel like death.

I am mainly worried about my eyesight and blood pressure(which is usually pretty low).

Thanks in advance!

You’re describing a salt water flush. These certainly work, but I’d personally be cautious of doing this more than once every week or two.

The problem is, this saline solution acts like a stimulant laxative. Done everyday, I’d be concerned with dependence and electrolyte imbalances.

This also usually calls for a large volume of water, around 4 cups or so at once, which can stress your kidneys and cause other digestive issues.

If it’s actually a chronic issue and no dietary interventions work, you could try something like a nightly osmotic laxative. They strictly draw water into the intensities and you can take them indefinitely, despite what the directions say. Most GI’s are fine with patients taking these indefinitely.

TradClare

I've been having nice results drinking "my miracle tea" the past few weeks. It is not harsh and they say you can drink it forever, it helps with digestion all around. Things like cascara and even magnesium stopped working for me after a few days

M

MadnessofMemory

I've been having nice results drinking "my miracle tea" the past few weeks. It is not harsh and they say you can drink it forever, it helps with digestion all around. Things like cascara and even magnesium stopped working for me after a few days

What is in it?

TradClare

Holy thistle, blessed thistle, malva leaves, marshmallow leaves and root, persimmon leaves, ginger, chamomile
It says it promotes healthy functioning of the stomach and colon. I like that everything feels normal, not like those teas with Senna in them that cramp you up and make you need to run haha.

EnergeticLeo

Hey!

Thanks in advance!
Just from a cursory search, gastroptosis is more common in women than men. This suggests estrogen has something to do with it. Ray has produced unimaginable amounts of content on estrogen, its dangers, and how to correct an excess.

The protective steroids (progesterone, pregnenolone, DHEA, testosterone, DHT) are important for connective tissue strength, and muscle tone, which could all be implicated in gastroptosis/visceroptosis. I would be wary of treating this as an issue isolated to the GI tract - it is likely, from my understanding of Ray's work, to be a systemic issue, specifically with impaired cellular energy production.

For example in the latest GE podcast (#95: The Anti-Stress Youth Steroids | Finasteride, Inflammation, and The Gut | PUFA | Prostaglandins with Georgi Dinkov), in the discussion on finasteride, they talk about DHT altering the gut microbiome in mice, and one doctor using anabolic steroids to treat SIBO in humans.

OP
Z

zafiroff

Just from a cursory search, gastroptosis is more common in women than men. This suggests estrogen has something to do with it. Ray has produced unimaginable amounts of content on estrogen, its dangers, and how to correct an excess.

The protective steroids (progesterone, pregnenolone, DHEA, testosterone, DHT) are important for connective tissue strength, and muscle tone, which could all be implicated in gastroptosis/visceroptosis. I would be wary of treating this as an issue isolated to the GI tract - it is likely, from my understanding of Ray's work, to be a systemic issue, specifically with impaired cellular energy production.

For example in the latest GE podcast (#95: The Anti-Stress Youth Steroids | Finasteride, Inflammation, and The Gut | PUFA | Prostaglandins with Georgi Dinkov), in the discussion on finasteride, they talk about DHT altering the gut microbiome in mice, and one doctor using anabolic steroids to treat SIBO in humans.
Thank you for taking the time to see what gastroptosis really is. It really means much to me.

There are two types of gastroptosis - acquired (my type), and congenital.
Yes, at its core, the disease is characterized by weakness in the connective tissue. The main body types to acquire or be born with it are tall, skinny, with long extremities, and a small thorax(just described my body type). If the disease is acquired, you can "gain" it through many ways - drastic falling, lifting heavy with a full stomach, a direct hit/injury to the stomach, stress(pretty sure how I acquired mine), malnourishment, fast eating, and drinking, doing exercise with a full stomach, giving birth and etc.

All of my life I was skinny, weighted no more than 60-63 kilos maximum. I am 1.80 cm (or 6") tall. White pale skin (I usually compare it to feta cheese, that's how white my skin is).

Before acquiring it, I used to work a very stressful job. I was a pizza chef, malnourished because I had no time to eat, and lost kilograms rapidly due to the heat of the ovens I worked near. One day I felt excruciating pain and literally felt how my stomach, from its normal position, "ripped" from its place and fell into my pelvis (that means that the gastroptosis is 3rd degree, the most severe). By doing that, the stomach is pushing the large intestine down as well.

I don't have any trouble with my peristalsis, but when the colon is literally crushed under an organ out of place, the only way for me to use the restroom is if everything in it is liquid. (sorry if TMI)

Speaking of testosterone and hormones, I basically have none now since this happened. I don't get any erections whatsoever, I don't feel aroused, it's just like those things don't exist in me, I have absolutely no sexual desire whatsoever.

The things that I currently do in the hopes of helping myself are homemade slow-cooked bone broth (I am using pig bones, I know that I need beef, but I cannot find them here in my country). I add a packet of gelatin as well in it. I drink a cup of it a day
I take the normal supplements that promote connective tissue health as well.
But no need to say, nothing is working.

I am still rather new to this forum and doctor Peat's work, I haven't looked into the protective steroids you've mentioned yet. I am mentally drained from all of this, since I was the one who found out that I have it, through countless hours of reading, many sleepless nights of studying medical literature, many Xrays and CT scans that I've appointed myself because the doctors are clueless (if I have one more x-ray, I will most definitely start glowing in the dark :D)

I would appreciate it if someone could give me direct advice as to what I can do or buy and try regarding the things you've mentioned and I will try to gather the strength to do my own research as well.

Thank you.

OP
Z

zafiroff

You’re describing a salt water flush. These certainly work, but I’d personally be cautious of doing this more than once every week or two.

The problem is, this saline solution acts like a stimulant laxative. Done everyday, I’d be concerned with dependence and electrolyte imbalances.

This also usually calls for a large volume of water, around 4 cups or so at once, which can stress your kidneys and cause other digestive issues.

If it’s actually a chronic issue and no dietary interventions work, you could try something like a nightly osmotic laxative. They strictly draw water into the intensities and you can take them indefinitely, despite what the directions say. Most GI’s are fine with patients taking these indefinitely.
Yes, exactly, a salt water flush. I am absolutely miserable and I suppose I have to do the tradeoff, drink that every day with the risk of dependence or wish for a swift end.

No other laxative work, literally none except this thing. I've tried all the herbs, teas, and whatever and this is my last resort.

If my eyesight or blood pressure wont be damaged in the long run, I just have to :confused:

Fred

The salt is pink because of high iron content. Iron is toxic and accumulates in the body. Ray recommended not using this salt.

M

MadnessofMemory

Yes, exactly, a salt water flush. I am absolutely miserable and I suppose I have to do the tradeoff, drink that every day with the risk of dependence or wish for a swift end.

No other laxative work, literally none except this thing. I've tried all the herbs, teas, and whatever and this is my last resort.

If my eyesight or blood pressure wont be damaged in the long run, I just have to :confused:

Have you tried taking one cap full of Miralax every night? This works for most with this issue, but it usually takes a few days, to a week, to kick in. You can take it indefinitely, despite what the directions say.

Regardless of the type of salt you use, the saltwater flush is a stressful event, so it would be best to find another solution.

cdg

Hey!

Thanks in advance!
Its loaded with iron that's why it's red.

M

MadnessofMemory

It’s loaded with iron that's why it's red.

Yes, the pink or red salt is high in iron.

That is not the main problem with this method. It calls for 4 cups of water and 2 teaspoons of salt at once.

Replace the pink salt with table salt and you’ll still run into issues if this is done frequently.

Too much liquid and salt at once. It‘s stressful and should only be done sparingly.

Smelly5

Dr Peat recommended up to 5 teaspoons of salt a day as safe.
5 teaspoons = 29.6g

EnergeticLeo

Thank you for taking the time to see what gastroptosis really is. It really means much to me.

There are two types of gastroptosis - acquired (my type), and congenital.
Yes, at its core, the disease is characterized by weakness in the connective tissue. The main body types to acquire or be born with it are tall, skinny, with long extremities, and a small thorax(just described my body type). If the disease is acquired, you can "gain" it through many ways - drastic falling, lifting heavy with a full stomach, a direct hit/injury to the stomach, stress(pretty sure how I acquired mine), malnourishment, fast eating, and drinking, doing exercise with a full stomach, giving birth and etc.

All of my life I was skinny, weighted no more than 60-63 kilos maximum. I am 1.80 cm (or 6") tall. White pale skin (I usually compare it to feta cheese, that's how white my skin is).

Before acquiring it, I used to work a very stressful job. I was a pizza chef, malnourished because I had no time to eat, and lost kilograms rapidly due to the heat of the ovens I worked near. One day I felt excruciating pain and literally felt how my stomach, from its normal position, "ripped" from its place and fell into my pelvis (that means that the gastroptosis is 3rd degree, the most severe). By doing that, the stomach is pushing the large intestine down as well.

I don't have any trouble with my peristalsis, but when the colon is literally crushed under an organ out of place, the only way for me to use the restroom is if everything in it is liquid. (sorry if TMI)

Speaking of testosterone and hormones, I basically have none now since this happened. I don't get any erections whatsoever, I don't feel aroused, it's just like those things don't exist in me, I have absolutely no sexual desire whatsoever.

The things that I currently do in the hopes of helping myself are homemade slow-cooked bone broth (I am using pig bones, I know that I need beef, but I cannot find them here in my country). I add a packet of gelatin as well in it. I drink a cup of it a day
I take the normal supplements that promote connective tissue health as well.
But no need to say, nothing is working.

I am still rather new to this forum and doctor Peat's work, I haven't looked into the protective steroids you've mentioned yet. I am mentally drained from all of this, since I was the one who found out that I have it, through countless hours of reading, many sleepless nights of studying medical literature, many Xrays and CT scans that I've appointed myself because the doctors are clueless (if I have one more x-ray, I will most definitely start glowing in the dark :D)

I would appreciate it if someone could give me direct advice as to what I can do or buy and try regarding the things you've mentioned and I will try to gather the strength to do my own research as well.

Thank you.
Thanks for elaborating. You're an absolute hero for investigating hard and not giving up - much credit to you!
Do you have access to thyroid, progesterone, and DHEA?

Also have you tried short breaks in between your research - lying down, relaxing muscles, closing eyes, keeping warm - that often helps with the exhaustion I feel when I'm researching hard.

OP
Z

zafiroff

Thanks for elaborating. You're an absolute hero for investigating hard and not giving up - much credit to you!
Do you have access to thyroid, progesterone, and DHEA?

Also have you tried short breaks in between your research - lying down, relaxing muscles, closing eyes, keeping warm - that often helps with the exhaustion I feel when I'm researching hard.

Sorry for the late reply!
I have access to progesterone and DHEA but I'm very much scared to try and experiment with them since I haven't the funds to do tests at the moment (I'm jobless for three years now and all of my savings went to the hospital near me).

About the breaks - yes!! If I don't take breaks, I find myself getting more and more triggered and manic-like, stressed, I stop breathing and just being obsessed with finding "answers". I'm getting better at recognising this and just getting up the PC and laying down for 10 minutes, to eat something and drink water, stretch etc.

EnergeticLeo

Sorry for the late reply!
I have access to progesterone and DHEA but I'm very much scared to try and experiment with them since I haven't the funds to do tests at the moment (I'm jobless for three years now and all of my savings went to the hospital near me).

About the breaks - yes!! If I don't take breaks, I find myself getting more and more triggered and manic-like, stressed, I stop breathing and just being obsessed with finding "answers". I'm getting better at recognising this and just getting up the PC and laying down for 10 minutes, to eat something and drink water, stretch etc.
No worries at all.
I understand your concern about progesterone and DHEA. Even more fundamental than that would be to try things like thyroid + cholesterol (e.g. found in eggs, or increased in the body by having fruit juice to energise the liver to make cholesterol) + vit A to increase steroid production.

Very glad to hear the breaks are working for you! I can 100% relate to that manic, stressed, answer-searching state!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals