Opinion's On My Diet? Any Input Is Welcome

I am a regular intermittent faster, my schedule is typically 3 days off, 6 days on, 3 days off, 6 days on etc. The 3 days off, I DO allow coffee/tea with raw milk and occasional OJ or 100% cranberry juice (the kind with no added sugar or syrups whatsoever, very tart).

I have begun to add gelatin on my eat days (using Knox plain gelatin packets), usually mixed in with coffee OR in my stews/soups.

On my eat days, primary consumption is as follows: Shrimp, Grass fed beef, well cooked root veggies, occasional raw carrots, organic eggs, Raw Milk, OJ, some white rice, and occasional greek yogurt.

Lots of Coffee and then water.

My salt intake is derived from Himalayan Pink salt and Kosher salt.

I am a recovering Vegan (what I mean by this is that I was not healthy and not good at keeping up with that supplements being Vegan requires), I need to remineralize my top front teeth (just the middle two) due to what I suspect was nutrient deficiencies from being Vegan as well as excessive Kombucha intake.

ANY ideas on how to fix my teeth would be tremendously appreciated, this is a worry for me...I am 26 and I feel like if I don't fix the enamel soon, it will just get worse over time to where they will end up chipping and begin to fail earlier than necessary, considering my age.

It did not occur to me that drinking Kombucha without a straw and letting it make direct contact with my teeth would cause significant enamel damage. I actually think this is the primary reason my two top front teeth are slightly translucent at the tips and towards the middle... I quit drinking Kombucha due to this, but also I began to suffer headaches from it? I can't say 100% that it caused headaches, but it seemed to always come up around the time I would consume Kombucha. I did not notice any health benefits from it , and just ditched it altogether about 1 year to 1 year 1/2 ago.

I also stopped with the heavy exercise I was doing, 5 days a week 60+ minutes HIIT cardio/weight training. This will play a role in my diet needs, so I thought it was relevant to this post.

My exercise regimen is now 3-5 days a week brisk walking for 30+ minutes a day, 3 days maximum of light resistance training, yoga and stretching/calisthenics.

Arnold Grape

People here are going to tell you not to fast, probably - and that it is causing metabolic problems, which it probably is. Why not use some of the principles here to adapt to easily digestible foods, all of the time? (What you have outlined is not bad, but how are you reacting to those foods when you are in fact eating them?)

OP
BemusedObserver
Oh really? I did not know fasting caused Metabolic problems, I thought it was pretty natural for animals to do. I have read some of the counter arguments against fasting, but positive experiences with it has given me reason to continue. What kind of metabolic issues can it cause?

On eat days I am really tired mostly, it's my resting and feed time, I would say that is general reaction to the foods I eat.

Thanks for your reply

Richiebogie

Vitamin k2 is supposed to put calcium in the correct places. You can get this from matured cheeses. Eg a little parmigiano reggiano.

Also keep checking that you have your mouth closed and not dry. I think the saliva provides chemicals to regrow the teeth. If not, then it at least protects the teeth from problems!

(I have become vegan in the last few months. At first I was getting dark stains on my teeth but now they seem to be quite clean and strong... I am not drinking much chlorinated/fluoridated water so I wonder if bacteria in my lymph nodes are converting vitamin k1 into k2!

I am currently eating mainly raw tropical fruit, some OJ and apple juice, some raw salad and a little nutritional yeast!)

theLaw

Your post raises all kinds of red-flags indicating that you have not yet taken time to research your particular issues on this forum.

This should get you started:

Even Intermittent Fasting Reduces Insulin Sensitivity (in The Obese)

Ray Peat Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki

Optimal diet for increasing lifespan

And then begin by solving the big 3:

+ Clean the Liver

Caffeine Reverses Stress, Insulin Resistance, Hypertension

High Protein Diet Prevents & Reverses Fatty Liver Disease (steatosis)

+ Fix Digestive Issues

Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion

Ray Peat Potato Protein Soup (RPPPS)

Cyproheptadine - A Wonder Drug?

+ Reduce PUFA in Tissues down to almost nothing

PUFA Depletion Can (probably) Be Accomplished In 30 Days!

Haidut's Summary Of PUFA

VoS uncoupling thread

Cheers!:cool:

Getting Ripped With Dr Peat

This is not a quick-fix regiment for weekend warriors, but an opportunity to change your life and health for the better, so take this seriously by reading and testing as much as possible (the search function is far more effective and efficient than any member's advice).

OP
BemusedObserver
Your post raises all kinds of red-flags indicating that you have not yet taken time to research your particular issues on this forum.

This should get you started:

Even Intermittent Fasting Reduces Insulin Sensitivity (in The Obese)

Ray Peat Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki

Optimal diet for increasing lifespan

And then begin by solving the big 3:

+ Clean the Liver

Caffeine Reverses Stress, Insulin Resistance, Hypertension

High Protein Diet Prevents & Reverses Fatty Liver Disease (steatosis)

+ Fix Digestive Issues

Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion

Ray Peat Potato Protein Soup (RPPPS)

Cyproheptadine - A Wonder Drug?

+ Reduce PUFA in Tissues down to almost nothing

PUFA Depletion Can (probably) Be Accomplished In 30 Days!

Haidut's Summary Of PUFA

VoS uncoupling thread

Cheers!:cool:

Getting Ripped With Dr Peat

This is not a quick-fix regiment for weekend warriors, but an opportunity to change your life and health for the better, so take this seriously by reading and testing as much as possible (the search function is far more effective and efficient than any member's advice).

Thank you for the input and critic, I have alot of reading to do yet.

OP
BemusedObserver
Vitamin k2 is supposed to put calcium in the correct places. You can get this from matured cheeses. Eg a little parmigiano reggiano.

Also keep checking that you have your mouth closed and not dry. I think the saliva provides chemicals to regrow the teeth. If not, then it at least protects the teeth from problems!

(I have become vegan in the last few months. At first I was getting dark stains on my teeth but now they seem to be quite clean and strong... I am not drinking much chlorinated/fluoridated water so I wonder if bacteria in my lymph nodes are converting vitamin k1 into k2!

I am currently eating mainly raw tropical fruit, some OJ and apple juice, some raw salad and a little nutritional yeast!)

Oh very interesting, I did not consider the dry mouth implications, thank you for the info!