6 Teaspoons Salt Too Much? It Seems To Do Wonders!

yoshiesque

I tried 4 teaspoons (actual metric teaspoons im talking about here) throughout the day and noticed some benefits. Basically in addition to my meals, I have a cup of gelatin powder in hot water and the teaspoon of salt. Sometimes I add milk.

Anyway I increased the salt to 6 teaspoons a day and now my temps honestly seem to stay around 98.6 or even more.

The question I have is, am i getting too much salt? Ill admit im a bit more thirsty than usual, I end up drinking a glass or two of carbonated water or more OJ. But apart from that i am fine.

I just dont know if I am overdoing it, because i think thats like 6 grams of salt

Tarmander

The only thing I worry about with too much salt is whether I am getting enough other minerals. Salt will "use" up other minerals so to speak. I notice if I do too muchsalt my teeth start to get a bit sensitive after the second day. That is the only thing I would worry about.

that is a huge amount of gelatin and a lot of salt. Just saying it's kind of extreme. Sometimes extreme is needed but it often turns out to cause large imbalances later.

Jsaute21

I tried 4 teaspoons (actual metric teaspoons im talking about here) throughout the day and noticed some benefits. Basically in addition to my meals, I have a cup of gelatin powder in hot water and the teaspoon of salt. Sometimes I add milk.

Anyway I increased the salt to 6 teaspoons a day and now my temps honestly seem to stay around 98.6 or even more.

The question I have is, am i getting too much salt? Ill admit im a bit more thirsty than usual, I end up drinking a glass or two of carbonated water or more OJ. But apart from that i am fine.

I just dont know if I am overdoing it, because i think thats like 6 grams of salt

I would say like anything else this is highly individual...IF you are someone who over hydrated for a long time and under eat, no it is not too much. Salt is so damn healing, and the # 1 thing hypothyroids have trouble holding onto. I find it very therapeutic. There are times during the day when i don't feel like eating and just sprinkle salt into my gums and mouth. It almost always helps focus and mood at work.

tomisonbottom

Are you really doing 1 whole cup of gelatin at once?

OP
Y

yoshiesque

Sorry guys i should correct myself here:

I dont eat a whole cup of gelatin. I eat one tablespoon of gelatin, in half a cup of hot water, mixed with 1 teaspoon salt and sometimes add milk. I do consume about 4-6 tablespoons of gelatin a day though.

Your body will usually let you know whether you're overdoing it with the salt. At least that's my experience.

Salt as a supplement seems to sometimes get overlooked by Peatarians. It's just so cheap/simple/boring that people underestimate its effectiveness maybe?

DaveFoster

Salt, sugar, protein; these are the cornerstones of health.

The Lord Peath doth decreed,
"Thou shalt tasteth salt until thy cravings wither, and sugar shall be thy staple.
Verily I say unto you, protein I have given thee to forever exalt me, and to render unto me at least 80 grams per day."

L

lollipop

"Thou shalt tasteth salt until thy cravings wither, and sugar shall be thy staple.
Verily I say unto you, protein I have given thee to forever exalt me, and to render unto me at least 80 grams per day."
:clap

i8bs

True are the words that issued from thy quill

paymanz

Peat says salt to taste,that sounds to be good guide,

But some factors may artificaly increase your appetite for salt , like a zinc deficiency for example.

Regina

Amen Brother Dave

Antonello

@yoshiesque I've tried the 6 teaspoon and you are right it make me feel warm and has other benefit like more vasculari try, increase bile flow and no more constipation. However I'm starting to get a massive headache with all this salt I'm wondering what is that. My blood pressure is in check and much better I would say because before was always low now is 110/70
I'm scared of swelling in the brain or some thing like that

I was on high salt for around a year but recently decided to stop, I think it was helpful as a medicine but after a while I did not notice any benefit from it whether I took several teaspoons a day or not. It used to reliably raise my temperature a little and make me feel less stressed and more awake, this all stopped after around 9 months. Towards the end I started to feel a dull kidney area back pain every morning, this cleared up after a few weeks off of the supplemental salt. I'm not sure if I will go back to high salt, I think going by cravings is enough unless one is ill - or excessively sweating for many hours every day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals