Questions On: Protein Later In The Day. Caffeine And Calcium

tara

I was so happy to find this topic "caffeine and calcium" because in years couldn't find the answer - is caffeine blocks absorption of calcium like it does for iron?!?! If so, when I have coffee w/milk, coffee w/cheese (my favorite), coffee after the meal, I have only proteins from dairy and Ca just waste?
I guess you've considered this possibility - that all this coffee could be having an effect on your sleep? Many people find it interferes.

You've run your diet through cronometer? How much Mg are you eating daily? Or getting some in by other means?

nad

I guess you've considered this possibility - that all this coffee could be having an effect on your sleep? Many people find it interferes.

You've run your diet through cronometer? How much Mg are you eating daily? Or getting some in by other means?
Hi and thank you, Tara.
Not at all, I love coffee, it's reciprocally;), I mean it's not affect my sleep no meter when and how many I have.
Mg I'm supplementing probably about 10 or more years, it helped me to get from 3-4 days of severe migraines every month with no relieve from meds. to occasionally headache (aspirin w/coffee helps). I's 250-400 mg 3-6 days/week w/some brakes.
Now w/ lots of coffee maybe more, but w/ so many years of using it I'm kind of "feel" when I need it.
Different kinds, but last couple years ionic Mg chloride, and I think may be too much chloride for me (close to upper limit in blood test). I mixed it w/ taurine before bad and it was so helpful w/PVC. Now not much.

tara

Not at all, I love coffee, it's reciprocally;), I mean it's not affect my sleep no meter when and how many I have.
Have you ever gone a month without coffee (and other caffeine sources), and meeting your other needs (timely nutrition, minerals, sunlight, movement, relaxation etc), to check this out?
Congratulations on success with migraines! I guess in that context, I can imagine you might not be keen to do coffee withdrawal for the sake of testing it's effect on sleep. Lack of sleep sucks, but migraines suck worse.
Different kinds, but last couple years ionic Mg chloride, and I think may be too much chloride for me (close to upper limit in blood test). I mixed it w/ taurine before bad and it was so helpful w/PVC. Now not much.
If you are concerned about excessive chloride, I guess you've considered varying it with other sources of Mg?

nad

Have you ever gone a month without coffee (and other caffeine sources), and meeting your other needs (timely nutrition, minerals, sunlight, movement, relaxation etc), to check this out?
Congratulations on success with migraines! I guess in that context, I can imagine you might not be keen to do coffee withdrawal for the sake of testing it's effect on sleep. Lack of sleep sucks, but migraines suck worse.

If you are concerned about excessive chloride, I guess you've considered varying it with other sources of Mg?
I slept tonight.
Well, "slept" for me. Went to bed at 11 p.m. fall asleep next few minutes (! exhaustion). But when Dr. told me "you're not going to sleep because you expect it", NO! I think: "I'll drop asleep after this exhaustion not sleeping one, two.... three, four nights", relaxed & expect to sleep. Yesterday I was ready for another one, but got luck. Wake up every 1.5-2 hours, like always sip salted OJ, going back to sleep!
And arrhythmia didn't interrupted! Probably the most important thing!!
For me it's good night.
And I've got even more coffee then usual, being busy to cook and making blend of glass of 1% milk, 2 heaping tsp. of instant coffee & 2 tsp. of sugar. Last one (fourth one) I had at 9 p.m. Plus 2 cups brewed during morning, and some sips of Pepsi in car in the middle of the day. A lot? Normal for me, and I can easily go without it, just one or two cups.
But every thing like this - unexpected and suddenly, always something wrong, NO ONE day like just right. Like I told you my body is a puzzle, but I know it's PUFA, last few years fish oil, hormones, NONSTOP stress life.

But interesting feature of my body - if I'm good , I feel like I never was and never will be bad! That's why I still alive:):
Thank you Tara for "nursing" me, the luck of communication is big minus in my life.
I'm glad I start writing on forum, people respond! And I was silly to confuse to ask.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals