Recurring Strong Thirst

Jacob28

I have this problem, if I remember properly, even 8-9 years ago( I'm 21)

I'll try to explain this with my poorish English ;
So, I wake up, drink some milk with sugar and salt, always salt, then coffee with loots of sugar( half white sugar, half dextrose) even 6 tbs and calcium and potassium carbonate, some mg citrulate( I hope it's this word ;) I also salt till I feel it's quite salty.
Then I decide to drink some apple juice, also these with minerals, a cup. Then potato protein( don't ask how I make it, it's sold as animal feed in big 25kg bags :) about 15g with milk, cinnamon, turmeric to taste, it tastes like wet dirt mixed with some s**t. But I managed to drink that miracle.

Then, at some moment I felt increased thirst, so I drink more juice, with lots of salt and sugar, also some milk with huge dash of salt, even baking soda mixed with vit. C or juice. Still thirst, I do not even feeling hungry!
Again juice, salt, baking soda, milk, sugar, milk, very big dash of salt( waiting till it dissolves), dextrose, more juice, thirsty, thirsty, thirsty.
It was yesterday. I didn't eat much solid food, cause I was very nauseous and bloated, not only because of that liquid. I realised I have very poor, little bowel movement.
I managed to eat some disgusting and smelly potato protein, 30g, lots of milk. Took baking soda with vitamin C( big tsp of both) as a laxative. Just made my gut swell and bloated. After few hours I got little poop, but it was way too little.

Now, I'm just like shaking, craving some sweet, sugary liquid. I ate very little proetin today, 30-40g, from cow stomachs( tripe) and milk. I'm not hungry, maybe for very juicy, watery, sweet fruit. I almost got something like little panic attack.
I'm cold, feeling like I have vomited for hour and had diahrrea, but I haven't !
I do not crave any salt, just water, water, drink, feeling nauseous.

I did a small enema( 150ml) today, it did sth, but why salt isn't working, but why I feel thirsty again and not satiated! Good word SATIATED, I don't know meaning of that.

I'm quite weak, I would go to the A&E but in my country( Poland), even old people sometimes wait e.g 10h or longer for admission. I die from hypoglycemia or low sodium, if I will go there.

I don't know what to do!

jzeno

I see these posts and think Wtf? You're obviously experiencing issues and your diet is very bizarre. You should probably just eat a more normal diet and start there. I'm almost certain you probably won't even try it, though. Hopefully someone else reading this will learn from your mistakes and see why persisting in these weird diets that are strange and unreasonable is just setting yourself up for messing yourself up.

Here's the thing: The one thing you probably need is starches, but because of RP most people won't eat starches, but it's probably a lack of starches causing your issues--I'm talking about the bowels and cold feeling. A plate of well-cooked potatoes (boiled or baked) would probably do you a wonder.

I'm just one guy, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but all that bizarre eating and your results are probably related. Most people here are die-hard, strict Peatists (in their mind) so the thought of having a ham sandwich or fresh pasta is like sacrilegious. It's weird. But are your results any better? No, I would argue not. So don't go off into the deep end and change into such a 'niche' diet until you know some more things like "X really doesn't do well with me. I think I'll remove that one thing" in a little by little fashion--compared to what you're doing which is going as strict Peat as possible, removing everything that Peat has ever remotely hinted as not the perfect food and getting miserable results.

Does anyone really think a diet of OJ, eggs, ice cream, mussels, etc sounds like a 'perfect' diet? It's sounds crazy to me, but to each their own. Not to mention, it's extremely impractical and let me stress this only possible due to modern innovations in transportation, refrigeration, and commercial agriculture. Eating an 'old world' style of diet (local fresh foods from your region with attention given to specific poor food sources) might be a better place to start then going straight strict Peat without any flexibility; a blend of Weston Price plus Peat--or something like that.

The dogmatism is almost like a religion on here, sometimes.

Edit: I'll add for your strong thirst, I recommend fresh squeezed juices--OJ, green vegetables, and the like. I don't drink any water anymore, except for the occasional cup. The juice from fruits and vegetables is more satisfying then water for me. Store-bought OJ isn't the same and I think others here would agree. The same goes for vegetable juices.

Last edited:

lampofred

Mixing juice, milk, and salt at once is going to be horrible for digestion. No two of those things go well together.

What did you eat normally before trying this? If you go from a PUFA, starch-heavy diet to only milk + juice in one day then your blood sugar will skyrocket, which could explain the thirst, and blood sodium will be low.

Dr. Peat recommends avoiding all refined vegetable oils, avoiding iron-fortified foods, and supplementing 2 quarts of milk + OJ in addition to your current diet, not replacing your current diet with milk + juice entirely. To be able handle an only juice + milk diet like Dr. Peat requires a lot of preliminary PUFA depletion and good thyroid function.

ExCarniv

Man, your diet is a joke.

Just eat a damn steak with mashed potatoes, generous amounts of salt and couple fruits/sugary gelatin if you crave sweets.

Eat like a normal person.

redsun

I have this problem, if I remember properly, even 8-9 years ago( I'm 21)

I'll try to explain this with my poorish English ;
So, I wake up, drink some milk with sugar and salt, always salt, then coffee with loots of sugar( half white sugar, half dextrose) even 6 tbs and calcium and potassium carbonate, some mg citrulate( I hope it's this word ;) I also salt till I feel it's quite salty.
Then I decide to drink some apple juice, also these with minerals, a cup. Then potato protein( don't ask how I make it, it's sold as animal feed in big 25kg bags :) about 15g with milk, cinnamon, turmeric to taste, it tastes like wet dirt mixed with some s**t. But I managed to drink that miracle.

Then, at some moment I felt increased thirst, so I drink more juice, with lots of salt and sugar, also some milk with huge dash of salt, even baking soda mixed with vit. C or juice. Still thirst, I do not even feeling hungry!
Again juice, salt, baking soda, milk, sugar, milk, very big dash of salt( waiting till it dissolves), dextrose, more juice, thirsty, thirsty, thirsty.
It was yesterday. I didn't eat much solid food, cause I was very nauseous and bloated, not only because of that liquid. I realised I have very poor, little bowel movement.
I managed to eat some disgusting and smelly potato protein, 30g, lots of milk. Took baking soda with vitamin C( big tsp of both) as a laxative. Just made my gut swell and bloated. After few hours I got little poop, but it was way too little.

Now, I'm just like shaking, craving some sweet, sugary liquid. I ate very little proetin today, 30-40g, from cow stomachs( tripe) and milk. I'm not hungry, maybe for very juicy, watery, sweet fruit. I almost got something like little panic attack.
I'm cold, feeling like I have vomited for hour and had diahrrea, but I haven't !
I do not crave any salt, just water, water, drink, feeling nauseous.

I did a small enema( 150ml) today, it did sth, but why salt isn't working, but why I feel thirsty again and not satiated! Good word SATIATED, I don't know meaning of that.

I'm quite weak, I would go to the A&E but in my country( Poland), even old people sometimes wait e.g 10h or longer for admission. I die from hypoglycemia or low sodium, if I will go there.

I don't know what to do!

Yeh diarrhea can make you dehydrated... explains the thirst. You are hardly eating food, so I don't understand how you think you can live let alone thrive when you barely eat anything and consume tons of liquids. Start eating more solid foods that are actually nutritious and tasty and this problem will go away.

If you are afraid of starch(which you should not be) eat solid fruits and cheese, meat, and maybe some eggs and stop relying on lots of OJ as nutrition. Its not even a mildly natural way of eating. I would argue some good starches would help ground you along with meat and solid food in general.

jzeno

Dr. Peat recommends avoiding all refined vegetable oils, avoiding iron-fortified foods, and supplementing 2 quarts of milk + OJ in addition to your current diet, not replacing your current diet with milk + juice entirely. To be able handle an only juice + milk diet like Dr. Peat requires a lot of preliminary PUFA depletion and good thyroid function.

This seems reasonable to me. All of it. These are changes that virtually any average person could apply and they would probably benefit from them.

It's like doctor's recommendations to exercise. Everyone could probably do with a little more exercise--at least 15 minutes a day. That is a reasonable suggestion that most people could benefit from. The idea behind a suggestion that virtually anyone could theoretically apply--whether it's diet or exercise--is that humans are so similar that if it works for one of us it will probably work for all of us. There are exceptions to that, but they are rare and thus exceptions, not rules. To imply the inverse--that a "healthy" diet is one that is not found naturally in any civilization, requires huge amounts of technological developments that only a modern society can achieve (transportation, commercial agriculture, and refrigeration)--is not only unreasonable but it just flies in the face of everything we know about ourselves.

Keep it simple.

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

OK, let me explain. I can not eat most of so called "Peat approved foods"( I know there isn't sth like this) because I get bloating, gas, flatulence.
Eggs gives me unbelievably smelly stinky farts, I can't even think about eating this.

Orange juice is strange, very acidic, even after adding baking soda, so I avoid it and drink some apple juice with sugar and some baking soda.

I can't eat starches, because they make me very bloated, make my stomach full so bad, I get indigestion. I got this problem for like 4-5 years but it worsened.

You can't even imagine how many ways for prepare starches and kinds of them I've tried. Regular cooked potatoes, overcooked potatoes cooked for 1-2 h( kind of tolerated but still bad) even super extra overcooked rice( 2-3h) made my stomach and gut full( in bad sense) for hours, gas, flatulence, stabbing pain.
I have even tried adding alpha amylase which made them non-sticky and created dextrins.
That was quite good tolerated. But I still had this.

Also I try and of course, may eat some solid foods, I like liver, cow stomachs-tripe( traditional polish cuisine), chicken stomachs, soups from bones, chicken feet.
But my appetite is very poor and I'm very often nauseous.
What is important, eating doesn't change that.
And starch was bad for me years before Peat, so I tried 1000 ways to prepare it, even eating sourdough bread and kasha which tasty, but was hell for me( and my bowels)?

I know drinking instead of eating my calories is a bad idea, but what am I suppose to do now?
Force eating? I have done that and it produced nasty and poor effects.
I know I drink waay too much liquid and eat too little solid food, but my body tells me: drink, don't eat thats very confusing.

So you must realise, I tries many things before, even diet high in starch, with some fish, with fruits, green vegetables( kind of traditional diet) and results were, rather, weren't any.

Last edited:

redsun

OK, let me explain. I can not eat most of so called "Peat approved foods"( I know there isn't sth like this) because I get bloating, gas, flatulence.
Eggs gives me unbelievably smelly stinky farts, I can't even think about eating this.

Orange juice is strange, very acidic, even after adding baking soda, so I avoid it and drink some apple juice with sugar and some baking soda.

I can't eat starches, because they make me very bloated, make my stomach full so bad, I get indigestion. I got this problem for like 4-5 years but it worsened.

You can't even try how many ways for prepare starches and kinds of them I've tried. Regular cooked potatoes, overcooked potatoes cooked for 1-2 h( kind of tolerated but still bad) even super extra overcooked rice( 2-3h) made my stomach and gut full( in bad sense) for hours, gas, flatulence, stabbing pain.
I have even tried adding alpha amylase which made them non-sticky and created dextrins.
That was quite good tolerated. But I still had this.

Also I try and of course, may eat some solid foods, I like liver, cow stomachs-tripe( traditional polish cuisine), chicken stomachs, soups from bones, chicken feet.
But my appetite is very poor and I'm very often nauseous.
What is important, eating doesn't change that.
And starch was bad for me years before Peat, so I tried 1000 ways to prepare it, even eating sourdough bread and kasha which tasty, but was hell for me( and my bowels)?

I know drinking instead of eating my calories is a bad idea, but what am I suppose to do now?
Force eating? I have done that and it produced nasty and poor effects.
I know I drink waay too much liquid and eat too little solid food, but my body tells me: drink, don't eat thats very confusing.

So you must realise, I tries many things before, even diet high in starch, with some fish, with fruits, green vegetables( kind of traditional diet) and results were, rather, weren't any.

Why not fatty beef cuts or just fatty meat in general with milk and honey, cheese, fruits?

Eat more animal products aka meat, dairy like yogurt, milk with honey, kefir, cheese.... and whatever fruits you like and can eat. If a lot of foods give you problems you may want to look into using niacin or just B complex in general which should also help appetite.

SIBO, GERD, LPR, IBS, & Colitis Could Be Vitamin B3 Deficiency - "Niacin Treats Digestive Problems"

Waynish

Full comedy. This is epic. "I do colonics during the night as I sit in Dave Aspery's Aspiration (TM) vortex, upen waking I hit the Rogan DMT inclined float matrix, then I begin the ketones that were recommended in 69 (nano)second body (c) -- and by the time the first (full saturated w/ hydrogen) lipid touches my tongue, I am wrecked! What's wrong with my perfect regimen?" :ss:rollingred

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

Full comedy. This is epic. "I do colonics during the night as I sit in Dave Aspery's Aspiration (TM) vortex, upen waking I hit the Rogan DMT inclined float matrix, then I begin the ketones that were recommended in 69 (nano)second body (c) -- and by the time the first (full saturated w/ hydrogen) lipid touches my tongue, I am wrecked! What's wrong with my perfect regimen?" :ss:rollingred

Dear God( O Mój Boże, Matko Jedyna, Jezu Chryste i Wszyscy Święci!)
Fortunetely I understand maybe half of your answer, though it was quite funny, especially Kamasutra and William Shakespear references( "The Comedy of Errors"). NO, it wasn't. Our life is a comedy, this damn universe is a comedy, if don't know.

I am really clearly saying that I try very hard but it's nothing, it's nothing, my life is a piece of s**t or other feces and is f****ng... nothing. I mean nothing, this pathetic world means nothing and is a piece of guano.
Ask me who I want to be, what I want to do, where I want to live etc. The answer is: I don't know, I just want be healthy or dead, just be nowhere, don't exist, don't be.

My diet is nowhere near proper or good diet. It is, what it is, what I can eat for now. I have no strenght to function or work. But I manage to do so, I pretend I'm quite fine, OK, my stomach is kinda exploding, but I'm fine, but imagine how many stars are now exploding in the universe. Fascinating, but being human is not fascinating, rather pathetic.

I made fool of myself.
I don't know how to answer, what to write, for a while I thought you all doesn't exist, but these are only letters, words and sentences and answers, where are people, I can't see them, or hear, smell, touch?! :O :-D

Also I eat cheese, some fish, cod, pollock, beef, stomachs, sometimes hearts, tripe, liver, if it does matter.

Now the best part: I take tramadol( 80-120mg) since February, with some longer periods without it but often 3-4 times a week, at work(!) for better mood, some motivation, just functioning, I became man I used to be, talkative, calm, but... inflamation got quite worse and gut doesn't like it so it worsened nausea, although I took it with lots of cyproheptadine. It "helped" me to survive my fuarking, bloody job. For now I used it a week ago.... Yes, a comedy

tara

Hi Jacob,

What foods can you eat or drink more easily? What tastes good to you?

I tried drinking a lot of juice and milk and adding sugar and salt to it for a while.
It made it difficult to get a good balance of food/sugar to water.
It worked better for me to separate out food and drink more - to eat more solid food and drink more water.

If you keep adding more sugar and salt when you are really thirsty, it may be hard to quench your thirst. Your thirst may be telling you your body needs to dilute the salt and sugar - when you are really thirsty, drink water. Maybe mineral water or herb tea or something. Then experiment with the calorie density of your drinks - maybe milk and juice will be good, but don't overdo the added sugar and salt to the extent that you are more thirsty afterwards.

Are you including veges or vege broth in your soups? They can provide more useful minerals, as well as tasting good.

Have you tried grated carrot salad, with or without a bit of vinegar, olive or coconut oil?

Have you had a go at calculating how much - how many calories - you usually eat in a day? You can use cronometer or similar. You can also get a rough idea of what else you are getting in your food.

ExCarniv

You should go to a doctor and check why you have bad digestion, ask him for antibiotics to heal your gut and on top of that eat the raw carrot salad with vinegar.

Eat that crappy diet won't heal you.

Luming Zhou

Perhaps you are overdoing on the salt? I am salt-sensitive. Sodium raises my blood pressure, sodium causes me to urinate more, and sodium makes me more thirsty. Eating potassium-rich foods helps to negate some of sodium's effects. I do not follow the advice here to eat more salt.

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

Well, today I reduced liquid intake and drink only coffee with some mill and sugar, dextrose. Also few gulps of juice.
I ate also 2 overcooked potatoes( big) and half a cup of rice( mean raw) with mushrooms and a piece of cod. I add some alpha amylase and it disintegrated quickly.
It was tasteful but I'm unpleasently full and have quite stabbing pain in low left side of my stomach. I'm bloated as hell.

I got this problem for few years.
I always like starchy things, especially potatoes, but I always ended with flatulence, extra full and sometimes extremely bloated, almost swelled. And it was before "peating" I cooked it carefully, add water, often overcook.

It didn't improve digesting it or reduce bloating.
The worse were "hard" starches like potatoes, kasha( buckwheat) even sweet potatoes.
And you must understand it was few years before even knowing peat.

My doctor is as unhelpful as he can be. She recommended me to drink lots of water and prescribed vitamin B , Mg, D3 which I take and bought easily buy, way cheaper, online.

Gastrologist( is this a proper word?) prescribed me pills for faster peristaltis, then I said it doesn't work and it was so, I was really taking them few years ago and they were useless, then she prescribed other, for peristaltis and quicker stomach emptying(?)(!).

I take amoxycilin( 1g a day) and will see what will happen.
You may be right, Tara, but I had problem with thirst since I childhood, though it was happening from time to time.
The same was with my swollen eyes, I got quite swollen eyes even as a child( classmates called me Chinese;) also I was getting easily tired after standing for a long time, had strange backache or headache, get bloated sometimes, as a child, then as a teenager I developed mild chronic fatigue.
Sleeping every afternoon became normal, also I had some troubles with getting asleep/ or woke up at night and couldn't sleep.

Almost all the problems I got were existing before that bloody Peat( although it's not his fault, of course. Poor Peat) It just got worse after extended periods of stress( school) which could probably origined from poor thyroid function- swollen eyes, digestive problems, frequent infections of throat and ears, constipation and pain during defecating as a child, was always bloated from bananas, troubles with concentrating on one task, social phobia, poor motivation and procrastinating everything, mild depression... It just got worse with age.

As for salt, I have often low blood pressure, salt doesnt change that, also doesn't make me urinate more, though makes me thirsty sometimes.
But I feel rather low sodium often and like I'm losing it very very quickly.
During heat I sometimes get extreme thirst, I'm weak, lower blood pressure, if I drink too much, salt seems to help but only a bit. Like I said feeling losing it incredibly fast.

Sometimes I feel like I am a complete disaster or I must suffer and there's no way out.

... reached dead end ??

Thank you all for answer.

Last edited:

ExCarniv

Eat smaller frecuent meals during the day, instead of big starch meals.

Like a fruit with cheese, a juice with an egg, a gelatin made of juice and sugar, milk with coffee, sugar and gelatin, and if you want starch eat them at night with a saturated fat like butter and some protein.

Try to eat like 5-6 small meals per day.

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

I don't eat gelatin, it produces stinky farts( people weren't enjoing this smell at my workplace) and horribly painful bloating. Same with eggs( theyre even worse)
Instead I take some glycine and some bone broth- which still give me some smelly farts and flatulence, but I still eat some meat, beef, fish, liver, though often it's force eating.
Cause I have no choice, haven't I?

I'm sick of all these things, I don't want to do anything apart of sleeping, masturbating( temporal pleasure) or getting stoned with opiates( longer pleasure with heavy inflamation).
I'm literally down, low and depressed.

My childhood was quite mild anguish, teenagehood medium anguish, but now it's like vegetating, striving to survive to the next day.
When I get up in the morning I think if I can survive in the work till this bloody 2 PM and they ask me if I will work overtime... damn bleeding idiots, peasants and workaholics, like almost every Polish person.

I'm ex man, now I'm like vegetating zombie.

Actually f*****g god damn to all pathetic mankind.

I wanna cry.

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

Yes, I do, I also take some baking soda with vit. C, adding to juices to decrease acidity and to increase sodium intake.

Sorry, I just have realised this was answer to @Luming Zhou post...

Last edited:

RWilly

Have you been tested for diabetes? Extreme thirst is often one of the main symptoms of diabetes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals