Anyone Use Salt Like A Supplement?

AnonE

I've been experimenting with increasing my sodium (salt) intake lately after reading the following:

Why Everything We Know About Salt May Be Wrong

And I've also stopped trying to do the ridiculous "8 glasses of water per day" thing, instead using natural thirst as a guide, after reading Peat: Salt, energy, metabolic rate, and longevity

I found many restaurants have little salt packets that can be added to all food, or just taken on their own if you don't mind it!

Here's what I'm finding: my face is getting tighter, my sleep is getting better, my body is looking more cut/vascular despite not losing weight (as a man this is nice).

What the heck this is awesome! Anything to watch out for? I'm adding 3-4 little salt packets per meal, and taking 1 salt packet a few times per day on its own, generally before I get thirsty and grab a drink. Traditionally I have been low blood pressure, and I check it fairly often and it's very close to optimal range, so I'm watching that. Anything else?

Cheers

tankasnowgod

I've been experimenting with increasing my sodium (salt) intake lately after reading the following:

Why Everything We Know About Salt May Be Wrong

And I've also stopped trying to do the ridiculous "8 glasses of water per day" thing, instead using natural thirst as a guide, after reading Peat: Salt, energy, metabolic rate, and longevity

I found many restaurants have little salt packets that can be added to all food, or just taken on their own if you don't mind it!

Here's what I'm finding: my face is getting tighter, my sleep is getting better, my body is looking more cut/vascular despite not losing weight (as a man this is nice).

What the heck this is awesome! Anything to watch out for? I'm adding 3-4 little salt packets per meal, and taking 1 salt packet a few times per day on its own, generally before I get thirsty and grab a drink. Traditionally I have been low blood pressure, and I check it fairly often and it's very close to optimal range, so I'm watching that. Anything else?

Cheers

I don't know if you checked out the Inclined Bed Therapy thread, but Andrew Fletcher (who made that discovery) talks about putting a pinch of salt under the tongue right before bed. His theory is all about gravity and density changes in the blood, but that is another thing you can do for better sleep. I have been doing that a fair amount recently.

sebastian_r

Not an expert on that topic, from reading and experimenting
- Salt seems to be a strong aromatase inhibitor
- Supplementing with salt (sodium) should be balanced with supplementing potassium. There are salts available that provide a mix of sodium and potassium.

OP
A

AnonE

What's the iodine protocol?

What are good sources of potassium? Is it just potassium that's important or potassium chloride?

I'm starting to feel that with my supp list, which is working pretty well, everytime I try adding something I gotta add 2 new things to balance it out lol.

baccheion

What are good sources of potassium? Is it just potassium that's important or potassium chloride?

I'm starting to feel that with my supp list, which is working pretty well, everytime I try adding something I gotta add 2 new things to balance it out lol.
Taking higher amounts of iodine. Search online for more details.

2:1 potassium:sodium. Food sources of potassium are much better than supplements, especially given the amounts required.

What supplements are you currently taking?

Lowdose69

I tried supplementing with bulk potassium but did not get any results. Eating foods with potassium makes a big difference as far as water retention and cramps though.

Potato 897 mg. OJ 496 mg/cup. Milk 322 mg/cup. blackstrap molasses 450 mg per TBSP. Dark chocolate 357 mg/50 grams. Coffee 116/cup. These foods also contain magnesium.

I eat a ton of salt and it makes me very strong, especially if I don't drink water. 8 glasses of water and avoiding salt is a recipe for weakness.

I tried the 1 gram salt tablets and they make me very nauseous, so I just add salt to all my food/milk/OJ

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals