Any way to reduce vascularity ?

Apple

I really don't like vascular forhead, arms, hands.
I tried upping salt intake and vascularity got worse...
replacing coffee with tea -> vascularity gets worse
I think sugar contributes too.
In the evening veins are more bulging than in the morning. When I wake up , that vein on my temple is almost invisible. (Good)
Blood pressure is normal (on low end)

Indiginous people pretty often stay thin/lean without high vascularity so i guess it is not just a matter of gaining more fat.

Last edited:

baron

I think vasodilation is a product of proper energy metabolism. Sitting under an incandescent light always causes this.

OP
Apple

Apple

Make yourself less healthy.
Young people (kids , teens) have hands/heads with no visible vascularity...They are healthy. Vascularity is promoted by sport magazines. It is unhealthy bull...t.
As people become older they get all that bulging veins...

liam183

Young people (kids , teens) have hands/heads with no visible vascularity...They are healthy. Vascularity is promoted by sport magazines. It is unhealthy bull...t.
As people become older they get all that bulging veins...
Higher collagen in youth can cause thicker skin. That's the only healthy way to reduce vascularity. Otherwise, you're looking at things like move less, gain fat, dehydrate yourself, avoid electrolytes, sit in cold rooms with crappy lighting, etc

BigShoes

I think it's important to make the distinction between types of "vascularity".

Pronounced veins, with fast, efficient, warming blood flow = healthy (as @liam183 is saying) - this is not something to be concerned about really.

Pronounced bulging veins ("varicose") that feel sluggish, and slow, w. tender shins with hair loss on the front = early stages of cardiovascular disease

If you have warm hands and feet, good temps, good energy, and no varicose veins / spider veins, count yourself lucky :)

Venous insufficiency can be felt. It's hell.

OP
Apple

Apple

I think it's important to make the distinction between types of "vascularity".

Pronounced veins, with fast, efficient, warming blood flow = healthy (as @liam183 is saying) - this is not something to be concerned about really.

Pronounced bulging veins ("varicose") that feel sluggish, and slow, w. tender shins with hair loss on the front = early stages of cardiovascular disease

If you have warm hands and feet, good temps, good energy, and no varicose veins / spider veins, count yourself lucky :)

Venous insufficiency can be felt. It's hell.
I don't mean varicose or anything like that...
From maasai fotos , they are anything but vascular. You may notice one big vein on forearms but that's it. Maybe it is just a thicker skin, i don't know, but their skin looks very smooth despite some of them are very thin.
They can be 190 tall but just 60 kg weight, still look healthy

Last edited:
OP
Apple

Apple

Higher collagen in youth can cause thicker skin. That's the only healthy way to reduce vascularity. Otherwise, you're looking at things like move less, gain fat, dehydrate yourself, avoid electrolytes, sit in cold rooms with crappy lighting, etc
I don't understand the theory behind collagen. Then why it is said that older people have a higher collagen production , hence excessive skin and wrinkles ?

liam183

No
I don't understand the theory behind collagen. Then why it is said that older people have a higher collagen production , hence excessive skin and wrinkles ?
No. Collagen production decreases with age as well as the integrity of your collagen structure. The excessive skin and wrinkled appearance is because your skin becomes less elastic from less collagen. This makes it loose and less "stuck" onto your musculoskeletal structure

BigShoes

@Apple - my understanding: more collagen is laid down in the skin in older age - the additional collagen is laid down because the body can no longer sustain the structure of the previously youthful skin as well as before (the fats under the skin etc.)

This does not mean that collagen / gelatin is "bad for you". Quite the contrary.

Similarly to calcium. Calcification of the soft tissue is bad, but that does not mean that calcium is bad. On the contrary, calcification occurs when calcium is LOW in the diet (from Calcium and Disease: Hypertension, organ calcification, & shock, vs. respiratory energy ):

"It is extremely important to realize that calcium deposits in soft tissues become worse when the diet is low in calcium. Persons suffering from arthritis, bursitis, scleroderma, hardening of the arteries and any abnormality where calcium deposits or spurs may cause pain are often afraid to eat foods rich in calcium. Actually they can never improve until their calcium and magnesium intakes are adequate. Not infrequently physicians tell individuals with kidney stones to avoid all milk, thereby causing stones to form even more rapidly. Such calcium deposits can also occur when vitamin E is undersupplied. After open-heart surgery, when both magnesium and vitamin E are drastically needed and could easily be given, the calcification of heart muscles often becomes so severe that it can cause death within a few days. Pages 171-172, Lets Eat Right to Keep Fit, Adelle Davis, Signet, 1970."

OP
Apple

Apple

Chainsmoke some cigarettes and watch your vascularity vanish
Nicotine constricts blood vessels, including those in the skin and coronary blood vessels, but dilates blood vessels in skeletal muscle. Vasoconstriction of the skin results in reduced skin blood flow and reduced fingertip skin temperature.

OP
Apple

Apple

@Apple - my understanding: more collagen is laid down in the skin in older age - the additional collagen is laid down because the body can no longer sustain the structure of the previously youthful skin as well as before (the fats under the skin etc.)

This does not mean that collagen / gelatin is "bad for you". Quite the contrary.

Similarly to calcium. Calcification of the soft tissue is bad, but that does not mean that calcium is bad. On the contrary, calcification occurs when calcium is LOW in the diet (from Calcium and Disease: Hypertension, organ calcification, & shock, vs. respiratory energy ):

"It is extremely important to realize that calcium deposits in soft tissues become worse when the diet is low in calcium. Persons suffering from arthritis, bursitis, scleroderma, hardening of the arteries and any abnormality where calcium deposits or spurs may cause pain are often afraid to eat foods rich in calcium. Actually they can never improve until their calcium and magnesium intakes are adequate. Not infrequently physicians tell individuals with kidney stones to avoid all milk, thereby causing stones to form even more rapidly. Such calcium deposits can also occur when vitamin E is undersupplied. After open-heart surgery, when both magnesium and vitamin E are drastically needed and could easily be given, the calcification of heart muscles often becomes so severe that it can cause death within a few days. Pages 171-172, Lets Eat Right to Keep Fit, Adelle Davis, Signet, 1970."
I think it (collagen accumulation) is more about fibrosis which we can counteract with fibrinolytics (dietary).
I can't imagine modern people deficient in calcium unless very poor or on a specific diet. Even if one eats chease once a day it will be enough to keep PTH low...was discussed already here.
On Patric Timpone podcast they mentioned supercentenarian monks living on bread and water only.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals