Skua's Weightloss and Health Problems Log

OP
skuabird

skuabird

The rheumatologist was not very helpful. He was an hour late and when I saw him he was just going over the results for the first time. He had forgot everything I told him before. I did not see x-rays. There were interpretations up on his screen that were skimmed through.

After almost four years of wanting to know what is wrong with my back (including 3 years of hip pain that has reduced my ability to walk and back pain the left me bed-ridden for days at a time)- I got, "its not bad, just 10 degree scoliosis. Your hips are a bit abnormal. Looks structural not arthritis."

Rant: The whole reason I was referred to him is positive antibodies associated with connective tissue disease, I actually told my dr. I thought the current problems were structural and not auto-immune related. When they wanted to test for HLA I told them I knew it was negative from 23 and me- they insisted on testing me anyway. It's a free clinic, I was trying to save resources.

Then my visit was rather confused, so I started from the beginning. Why I originally came in to begin with (joint pain was minor, being able to function from fatigue and coldness, not be so water-logged, check for heart problems) and how taking desiccated thyroid fixed it, and stopping it makes it worse (including joint pain). Then he lectured me about taking something that is actually a medicine, ok? "I don't like this as a dr." I said I was monitoring my temperature to decide the dosage and he became instantly dismissive of the idea!

Then I got the usual your weight is a problem on your joints. Ha. No ***t.

Is it too much to want to be treated as a bit more of a peer?

I think I've been hypo for a long time. Since taking NDT my periods have become pretty manageable. Before I'd have to wake up in the night multiple times. I went from taking 10 ibuprofen or naproxen to 3! I took 3 for the whole thing this time! In other words, I'm not stopping ndt. I want to try to lessen the dosage, I think getting more and more active will help and it's all I wanted to begin with!

Last edited:

fr@

@skuabird (Just for laughs) do you know the movie called 'The Grudge'? Kidding aside, I find it interesting that you can handle Ibuprofen &/or Naproxen but you can't tolerate Aspirin -- have you tried other sources of Aspirin, like a pure powder? Btw, how about your supplementation of Selenomethionine, how's it working? Actually it's on my list to buy soon along with Lysine and NDT. Once I get those, I'll start first with Selenomethionine; as from what I've read, it's commonly used for those who are Hyprothyroid; maybe that's the key on why I'm losing hair on supplementing K2. Also recently I've stopped Niacinamide which instantly help reduce my eye bags and the dark circles around it, and also Taurine after what @Mr.Bollox said (on some thread that I forgot) -- I really think it makes sense. And speaking more about Taurine, I've read a study about its side-effects and it made me think about this event that every time I take it I get a bit woozy for a few minutes (though the study was done on patients who have renal failure, but still). Also at the moment, I went back to cheese instead of milk (due to not improving milk tolerance) and would eventually start trying out egg shells instead.

OP
skuabird

skuabird

@skuabird (Just for laughs) do you know the movie called 'The Grudge'? Kidding aside, I find it interesting that you can handle Ibuprofen &/or Naproxen but you can't tolerate Aspirin -- have you tried other sources of Aspirin, like a pure powder? Btw, how about your supplementation of Selenomethionine, how's it working? Actually it's on my list to buy soon along with Lysine and NDT. Once I get those, I'll start first with Selenomethionine; as from what I've read, it's commonly used for those who are Hyprothyroid; maybe that's the key on why I'm losing hair on supplementing K2. Also recently I've stopped Niacinamide which instantly help reduce my eye bags and the dark circles around it, and also Taurine after what @Mr.Bollox said (on some thread that I forgot) -- I really think it makes sense. And speaking more about Taurine, I've read a study about its side-effects and it made me think about this event that every time I take it I get a bit woozy for a few minutes (though the study was done on patients who have renal failure, but still). Also at the moment, I went back to cheese instead of milk (due to not improving milk tolerance) and would eventually start trying out egg shells instead.
Ha! I haven't watched it...but I did let myself get a bit angry there. I was going to a free clinic in the time of government overeach- I'm not sure what's going on with them, but I did expect a bit more.

I don't handle any painkillers well, but asprin does very little for my cramp pain (which is why I take the naproxen). I get stomach upset pretty easily first dose and with multiple days I get sick and may develop mouth ulcers. I did try asprin for multiple days with niacinamide with meals and it also didn't work out. I've tried to take baking soda, wait a couple hours then the pain killer with glycine. I also try to take vitamin k2 at least 2x/week. Still get problems.

I have not tried powdered aspirin, though.

I used to take kratom for pain but it makes things worse in the long run. I'm stuck with nsaids :(

Either selenomethionine or just time changed things. I was on ndt for a while with very little change. It seemed like after I started taking selenomethionine things significantly changed. For example, my periods became manageble which was remarkable. And I like to exercise again.

I'll look into taurine side effects. Some days I'm still getting headaches and they don't seem related to hbp or estrogen, but maybe they're from one of the supplements I take...

OP
skuabird

skuabird

I thought I'd give another update.

The fatigue has been much better and I'm a lot mentally sharper and motivated (probably from taking NDT). SO, I got a job. I was thinking it'd be an easing into it but they threw me in full-time right off the bat. I'm on day 5 out of 7 in a row, on my feet in fast-pace retail.

I'm having problems. My back problems are worse some days, I limp into the house after work every night unable to stay on my feet and I have terrible sleeps, tossing and turning with joint and tendon pain. I also retain water like crazy, making my legs so heavy and tired. Last night I forgot to take my second thyroid dose before bed and it definitely was a worse sleep. My hypothesis is I'm leaching magnesium even when I supplement. I soak my feet every night and use Mg oil to little effect but the one day I had a whole bath in Epsom salt I had relief for a couple hours after.

I was feeling desperate for t3, but I think I need to find the underlying cause. I've had worse silent reflux followed by about a week and a half of diarrhea/loose stool. I think it is likely that all of my problems are gut related- dysbiosis and/or h. pylori. I think this is causing thyroid autoimmunity. It explains why I'm so low thyroid and cannot tolerate pain killers without getting ulcers.

I have mastic gum from the last time I tried to correct this. I'm going to grab some manuka honey today and maybe order some black seed oil. For future reference:
Supplementing:
-mastic gum
-manuka honey
-maybe black seed oil (or just ground fresh seeds)

Diet:
-GAPs style: meat stocks, meat, yogurt, OJ, eggs, butter, tallow, cocoa butter

Dr. B

I thought I'd give another update.

The fatigue has been much better and I'm a lot mentally sharper and motivated (probably from taking NDT). SO, I got a job. I was thinking it'd be an easing into it but they threw me in full-time right off the bat. I'm on day 5 out of 7 in a row, on my feet in fast-pace retail.

I'm having problems. My back problems are worse some days, I limp into the house after work every night unable to stay on my feet and I have terrible sleeps, tossing and turning with joint and tendon pain. I also retain water like crazy, making my legs so heavy and tired. Last night I forgot to take my second thyroid dose before bed and it definitely was a worse sleep. My hypothesis is I'm leaching magnesium even when I supplement. I soak my feet every night and use Mg oil to little effect but the one day I had a whole bath in Epsom salt I had relief for a couple hours after.

I was feeling desperate for t3, but I think I need to find the underlying cause. I've had worse silent reflux followed by about a week and a half of diarrhea/loose stool. I think it is likely that all of my problems are gut related- dysbiosis and/or h. pylori. I think this is causing thyroid autoimmunity. It explains why I'm so low thyroid and cannot tolerate pain killers without getting ulcers.

I have mastic gum from the last time I tried to correct this. I'm going to grab some manuka honey today and maybe order some black seed oil. For future reference:
Supplementing:
-mastic gum
-manuka honey
-maybe black seed oil (or just ground fresh seeds)

Diet:
-GAPs style: meat stocks, meat, yogurt, OJ, eggs, butter, tallow, cocoa butter
which mastic gum are you using, where is it from?
have you heard of greco gum

why manuka honey specifically?

OP
skuabird

skuabird

which mastic gum are you using, where is it from?
have you heard of greco gum

why manuka honey specifically?
I've been using the natural pieces, "tears of chios". I swallow granules and chew as gum. I think it may be likely my husband and I are both infected which may explain why we both have digestive issues and even when I take mastic gum and get better, it comes back.

I'm not sure about the manuka yet.

Dr. B

I've been using the natural pieces, "tears of chios". I swallow granules and chew as gum. I think it may be likely my husband and I are both infected which may explain why we both have digestive issues and even when I take mastic gum and get better, it comes back.

I'm not sure about the manuka yet.
thats the brand name?
infected with what?

OP
skuabird

skuabird

Interestingly, there may also be a connection between Helicobacter pylori infection and Hashimoto’s disease. A particularly virulent strain of H. pylori has been found in those with Hashimoto’s disease, and treatment of the infection reduces thyroid autoantibodies. (5) This strain of H. pylori could trigger thyroid autoimmunity because it shares a very similar genetic sequence with an enzyme involved in thyroid hormone synthesis. This similarity may induce a damaging cross-reaction with thyroid tissue and subsequent autoimmunity.

Dr. B

interesting, how do you get infected with that bacteria and would antibiotics for some time cure it then?

OP
skuabird

skuabird

interesting, how do you get infected with that bacteria and would antibiotics for some time cure it then?
Yes. People usually need to take 2 or 3 at a time to kill it

Im not sure where it comes from. I've had two family members treated for it. I've never been diagnosed, Im kinda done with drs (at least at the free clinic). If my husband gets a stool sample maybe we'll know for sure

OP
skuabird

skuabird

Current Theories

Long term problems (before)
= chronic ebv, oxalate issues

Problems on carnivore and low carb diets seem related to oxalate dumping.
Strict diet adherence would lead to: Back pain (kidney stones), worse scoliosis and tendon/muscle pain. Worse gums. Vision changes (including more floaters). Dry eyes and swollen salivary glands. Problems with histamine reactions. Worse symptoms of hypothyroidism. Worse insomnia.

Things would get a little better with some supplementation of vitamin c.

Short term health crisis
= either oxalate dumping crisis OR covid spike protein reactions

I did not ever get sick with covid. No respiratory illness, no fever. However, started to feel as if I had full-blown mono in October 2020 after working with covid+ coworkers.

Moved, consistently ate carnivore and did Wim Hof Method breathing and cold showers.

Worsening of hypoventalation, especially in the mornings (I’d realize I was hardly breathing even though my body felt hungry for oxygen)...until….

Dec 2020
Suddenly had severe heart pain and shortness of breath during cold shower.
Sudden sleep apnea and paralysis.
From here, constant subtle daily headaches that sometimes become migraines at night. Confusion and almost dementia-like brain fog. Severe fatigue (could not work, struggled with daily chores). Shortness of breath. Heavy legs. Feels like blood isn’t circulating properly. Extreme cold, would especially manifest in the late afternoon. Nose, fingers and toes would stay cold even in a hot shower! Feel anemic.

Jan 2021 – off carnivore diet, learning bioenergetics
Still having bouts of blood/circulation problems (feels like blood is sludge). Exercise intolerance, extreme fatigue, heavy legs, shortness of breath, cold, etc.

May 2021
Suddenly had spasms/seizing and drop-foot. Could not get off the floor from seized back for a day.
Numbness and nerve pain flare up more after this.

June/July 2021 – Most evidence of blood issues
Tried working out once with kettlebells and got purpura all over arms.
Had sudden nose bleeds- blood was basically clotted coming out.
Had mensuration that was almost all clots, very little liquid blood.

Finally went to dr. - did not have heart attacks like I thought but have hypertension now (???)

Still exercise intolerant. Went for more and more walks, sometimes pushed too hard. The leg heaviness/weakness can be excruciating, especially trying to haul myself back.

Sept/Oct 2021 well enough to work
Still have heavy legs, lots more spider veins, sometimes swelling in legs, foot pain
Notice I have a lot more skin blemishes this year than ever before- age spots, cherry angiomas and flat warts on the backs of my calves

Supplement notes:
* H1/H2 blockers with ivermectin did the most to fix the blood/brain fog problems (planning on trying another round)
- taking thyroid and progesterone helped significantly
- drinking lots of water with potassium citrate, calcium pyruvate, magnesium, baking soda and taking chanca piedra ("stone breaker") has reversed my back pain and helped with a lot of my lingering joint and connective tissue issues- definitely seems oxalate related. HOWEVER, I still have foot pain that may have more to do with lingering circulation issues or just plain old plantar fasciitis.

I do take a lot of other supplements including black cumin sometimes, methylene blue and just started red light therapy. I'm experimenting with agamatine sulfate for nerve pain (doesn't seem to do much for me) and I also tried DMSO for joint pain. It also did not work for that. But I noticed if I rub it on my back, esp around my kidneys, I have great sleeps! Why? No idea.

I also have a lot of epsom salt baths since working.

I am also fasting a bit here and there because I don't like to eat at work. Though this is diverging from Ray Peat ideas, I am losing weight and feeling better. It also makes NDT more efficient.

Things I'm trying now or near future:
- another round of at least pepcid ac followed by ivm (based on theory there are spike proteins still messing with my ace2/vessel tone)
- red light therapy on foot, more stretching, mobility stuff- still too nervous to raise HR via heavy exercise
- trying out bovine thymus (organ meat, not supplement) - will receive in a couple weeks
- having rosehip tea and camu camu powder more regularly (maybe hawthorne too...I have all of this sitting in my cupboard)
- mostly eating meat/dairy based again with some OJ and honey, some fasting ~2 meals a day, no night time eating

Last edited:
OP
skuabird

skuabird

Ok, so I did do another short round of H1/H2 blockers (3 days) and ivm (1 day after, very small amount). But around the same time I posted last- I saw the Chris Masterjohn with Dimitri Katz video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYvzCMjSIAM

I decided to go back to niacin. So way back- when I first thought my weird symptoms could be long-haul- I was following a protocol posted by someone in the forums that recommended flush niacin. I tried it a couple days and had incredible flushing, to the point of panic and slight vision loss. I stopped taking it and was encourage by the general consensus here that niacinamide is the better choice. However, looking back I did sleep better after, but it was temporary. I found the flccc protocol at some point after and tried the antihistamines and ivm later.

So, after taking in what Katz said, as best I could, Jan 7th I started taking niacin again (like ~250mg to help deal with flushing). I then started taking it with curcumin on the 10th.

The first and second flush involved a temporary increase in symptoms: shortness of breath, slight heart pain. Since then, I get a bit itchy but it passes.

I am losing water weight like crazy- people are commenting on me losing weight and asking if I started working out. I am sleeping the whole night and when I do wake up, I can easily fall back to sleep (before I was constantly waking up between 4-6am and wouldn't be able to go back to sleep until like 7-8am).

While I've generally felt pretty mentally sharp again and less fatigued- my mental capacity has dramatically increased. I don't feel like I'm lugging my heavy **** legs everywhere. I will start exercising again, beside just walks and working.

The rheumatologist was not very helpful. He was an hour late and when I saw him he was just going over the results for the first time. He had forgot everything I told him before. I did not see x-rays. There were interpretations up on his screen that were skimmed through.

After almost four years of wanting to know what is wrong with my back (including 3 years of hip pain that has reduced my ability to walk and back pain the left me bed-ridden for days at a time)- I got, "its not bad, just 10 degree scoliosis. Your hips are a bit abnormal. Looks structural not arthritis."

Rant: The whole reason I was referred to him is positive antibodies associated with connective tissue disease, I actually told my dr. I thought the current problems were structural and not auto-immune related. When they wanted to test for HLA I told them I knew it was negative from 23 and me- they insisted on testing me anyway. It's a free clinic, I was trying to save resources.

Then my visit was rather confused, so I started from the beginning. Why I originally came in to begin with (joint pain was minor, being able to function from fatigue and coldness, not be so water-logged, check for heart problems) and how taking desiccated thyroid fixed it, and stopping it makes it worse (including joint pain). Then he lectured me about taking something that is actually a medicine, ok? "I don't like this as a dr." I said I was monitoring my temperature to decide the dosage and he became instantly dismissive of the idea!

Then I got the usual your weight is a problem on your joints. Ha. No ***t.

Is it too much to want to be treated as a bit more of a peer?

I think I've been hypo for a long time. Since taking NDT my periods have become pretty manageable. Before I'd have to wake up in the night multiple times. I went from taking 10 ibuprofen or naproxen to 3! I took 3 for the whole thing this time! In other words, I'm not stopping ndt. I want to try to lessen the dosage, I think getting more and more active will help and it's all I wanted to begin with!
Your neglectful experience with your doctor sounds like my husbands, shooing him off saying his crooked spine isn't much and that his two x-rays "look fine with perfect spacing between the vertebrae and no cancer". Well 5 weeks later at the hospital they find 3 fractures, 2 old and ones and a new one, where his psoas muscles have been locked up ever since a tetanus shot in Aug 2020. He is now bed ridden and can't sit at all and can walk with a walker. He is having home physical therapy from a classical homeopath to undo the dumb doctor's mistakes. Evenbthe homeopath said he had a good job at the highly touted Loma Linda Hospital, but he "quit because they weren't curing anyone." With all of that being said, I haven't followed your thread since I joined in a at the beginning suspecting you had scoliosis. You might have talked about it already, but do you have bad menstual cramps? They tend to go hand in hand with scoliosis.

OP
skuabird

skuabird

Your neglectful experience with your doctor sounds like my husbands, shooing him off saying his crooked spine isn't much and that his two x-rays "look fine with perfect spacing between the vertebrae and no cancer". Well 5 weeks later at the hospital they find 3 fractures, 2 old and ones and a new one, where his psoas muscles have been locked up ever since a tetanus shot in Aug 2020. He is now bed ridden and can't sit at all and can walk with a walker. He is having home physical therapy from a classical homeopath to undo the dumb doctor's mistakes. Evenbthe homeopath said he had a good job at the highly touted Loma Linda Hospital, but he "quit because they weren't curing anyone." With all of that being said, I haven't followed your thread since I joined in a at the beginning suspecting you had scoliosis. You might have talked about it already, but do you have bad menstual cramps? They tend to go hand in hand with scoliosis.
I'm sorry to hear about your husband's experience. It's good to hear he's getting better help. When I was really struggling with my psoas, this was the only thing that helped:

View: https://youtu.be/W8znRwZP0ME

That and Dr. Stuart Mcgill's knowledge on how to fix spinal injuries.

And yeah, I have extreme menstrual cramps. Or I did, up until very recently. Even on lots of pain-killers I'd still have bad contractions that had me live in the bathroom. Like 10/10 painwise. They got worse and worse, even during my carnivore diet years...and let up recently by -probably- taking thyroid and progesterone (but it took about a year to shift).

I've had my eye on the low oxalate groups for a while. I thought that too many symptoms were being attributed to "oxalate dumping", however, arthritis and female reproductive issues like endo, fibroids, and cysts seem to come up a lot. I am more convinced now that at least some of my problems are related to oxalates (I actually realized some of my back pain- and maybe even leaning to one side- has to do with kidney stones). I can make my kidney/back pain disappear by drinking lots of water, especially with potassium citrate and baking soda.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's experience. It's good to hear he's getting better help. When I was really struggling with my psoas, this was the only thing that helped:

View: https://youtu.be/W8znRwZP0ME

That and Dr. Stuart Mcgill's knowledge on how to fix spinal injuries.

And yeah, I have extreme menstrual cramps. Or I did, up until very recently. Even on lots of pain-killers I'd still have bad contractions that had me live in the bathroom. Like 10/10 painwise. They got worse and worse, even during my carnivore diet years...and let up recently by -probably- taking thyroid and progesterone (but it took about a year to shift).

I've had my eye on the low oxalate groups for a while. I thought that too many symptoms were being attributed to "oxalate dumping", however, arthritis and female reproductive issues like endo, fibroids, and cysts seem to come up a lot. I am more convinced now that at least some of my problems are related to oxalates (I actually realized some of my back pain- and maybe even leaning to one side- has to do with kidney stones). I can make my kidney/back pain disappear by drinking lots of water, especially with potassium citrate and baking soda.

Girl you need to go in the biz! There is nothing like taking advice from someone who has been there and gotten to the other side. You sound so much stronger than 6 months ago! I am gonna repost your video. It is gentle and I can see why it was effective.

OP
skuabird

skuabird

Another update...I've gone back and forth on what's going on.
Long haul covid? Vaxx shedding?
Oxalate dumping?
Recently I went down the hypervitaminosis a rabbit hole and limited consumption for a week or so...one day I had an energy drink I wasn't aware had vitamin a and got another round of eczema like rash on my hands- seemed possible? Then again, there is a connection between vit a and infection too it seems.

So after about a week of niacin and curcumin I was getting waning results and felt pretty good (from my January post). But because of these weird rashes I wanted to protect my liver in case it was something to do with vitamin a poisoning so I stopped using flush niacin (there is some studies out there indicating liver toxicity).

Some of the more concerning symptoms have returned in the past week or so. It correlates with a co-worker getting boosted, telling everyone he felt very sick from it and coming to work, day after day (usually being sent home) sometimes even vomiting.

I started feeling this air-head thing again, like a pressure headache at the front of my head. The headache persists for days and is accompanied by feelings of being uncoordinated, my upper back/neck is achy/stiff and I have brain fog.

I'm seeing more and more articles linking covid to CNS esp vagus nerve dysfunction. It feels like something is wrong with my blood and nervous system. Flush niacin seems to be the fastest (but most terrifying) aid.

I'm still not fully convinced on one story to explain what's going on. Perhaps I had a pre-existing problem that is just appearing in older age or interacting with spike shedding...

OP
skuabird

skuabird

I'm back on the forums a bit seeking help for my hubby. I had some messages about recovering from shortness of breath and such so I thought I'd do a quick update.

So I'd say I'm 90% recovered from whatever happened to me. No shortness of breath, no fatigue, pretty normal cognitively. Can work an active full-time job but they cut my hours (ha). Last time I had covid I did get sick. Lots of kidney and bone pain. Loss of smell and hair loss two months later. Fine now.

I still will get a lupus-like rash, pressure headache and moodiness around high estrogen times. During october I made a goal of getting at least 20min of sun followed by red light therapy that seemed to help these symptoms a lot but I think they are returning just recently.

My left foot pain finally passed (took like 8-10 months!) I still have numbness around my left knee. Kidney weirdness off and on still but nothing too notable. Would not be surprised at all if I had those weird protein covid clots, even still.

I am still taking nattokinase and/or serrapepatase, flush niacin, and then regular peaty stress-support supplements.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals