Nutrition For Women - Selected Parts

Tourist

On skin as face cream, hand cream, etc. Works GREAT. Gave as Christmas Gifts to my family. Now they are hooked...

I've been doing a "dry skin" search all morning and while i like the idea of a temporary fix for dry skin, I can't seem to find a definitive post that addresses how to nutritionally change dry skin. I know vit a is mentioned but it also mentions can cause dry skin but is needed in conjunction with vit. e.

Any suggestions for food fixes to dry skin?

Kray

On skin as face cream, hand cream, etc. Works GREAT. Gave as Christmas Gifts to my family. Now they are hooked...

Hi Lisa,

I don't know if you were one who had dry skin troubles, but how is it going for you with the tallow? I've kept it up, mostly around my eyebrows and other dry areas on my face/hands, etc. What is your favorite scent of the brand you use? I have tried Vintage Traditions in the past, they're very good.

My daughter has been buying from an Etsy merchant, organic. She whips the tallow into "butter" in our VitaMix, which makes for a lighter and easier application, imo. Hope it doesn't affect the SFA to oxidize-- any thoughts on that?

EIRE24

I've been doing a "dry skin" search all morning and while i like the idea of a temporary fix for dry skin, I can't seem to find a definitive post that addresses how to nutritionally change dry skin. I know vit a is mentioned but it also mentions can cause dry skin but is needed in conjunction with vit. e.

Vitamin A makes my skin super dry while vitamin D or light actually would be more precise makes it much better and clears my acne.

L

lollipop

Hi Lisa,

I don't know if you were one who had dry skin troubles, but how is it going for you with the tallow? I've kept it up, mostly around my eyebrows and other dry areas on my face/hands, etc. What is your favorite scent of the brand you use? I have tried Vintage Traditions in the past, they're very good.

My daughter has been buying from an Etsy merchant, organic. She whips the tallow into "butter" in our VitaMix, which makes for a lighter and easier application, imo. Hope it doesn't affect the SFA to oxidize-- any thoughts on that?
I am currently using outdoor spice. It is nice - strong scent - I like that.

Nice idea to make her own! It is out of my league to answer on the SFA oxidation question. Wish I could. Anyone? My first instinct is not a problem, but not sure to be truthful.

L

lollipop

@Tourist being hypothyroid causes dry skin. I have noticed since starting to explore concepts with my diet from a more Peat perspective, my skin quality has improved as I feel my thyroid condition improves.

Also I use a multilayered approach to my face:

My Face Protocol:

1. IdealLabs Solban one pump - as a serum layer

2. IdealLabs Retinil A - as a serum layer (not everyday)

3. IdealLabs Estroban 3 drops from IdealLabs

4. Vintage Traditions Beef Tallow - main moisturizer

http://vintagetradition.com/

5. Tropical Traditions - use as top layer:

Coconut Oil Virgin Coconut Oil Moisturizing Creams - Tropical Traditions

6. Progest-e rubbed on wrinkles when taking my daily dose.

Kray

I am currently using outdoor spice. It is nice - strong scent - I like that.

Nice idea to make her own! It is out of my league to answer on the SFA oxidation question. Wish I could. Anyone? My first instinct is not a problem, but not sure to be truthful.

Thanks for the scent, I'll pass it on to my daughter for consideration. As to your post to @Tourist, great suggestions! I have done some of those. Q: How much Retinil-A do you use on face? I'm careful only to apply to face and hands at night as daylight/sun can cause redness/irritation. If you've used during day, perhaps the SolBan helps protect, or might more if you apply a final spritz as your sunscreen?

btw- how much Progest-E do you dose daily? I'm 60ish and take between 15-20mg/day. Do you spread throughout day (am and pm), or just once, etc? Thanks for any tips.

L

lollipop

Thanks for the scent, I'll pass it on to my daughter for consideration. As to your post to @Tourist, great suggestions! I have done some of those. Q: How much Retinil-A do you use on face? I'm careful to only apply to exposed skin at night as daylight/sun can cause redness/irritation. If you've used during day, perhaps the SolBan helps protect, or might more if you apply a final spritz as your sunscreen?
One or two drops Retinil-A. Never had a problem as I put three layers on top :):

L

lollipop

Sorry- did you see my last comment re Progest-E application?
Oops totally missed it. Excuse me @classicallady! I use twice daily doses as the half life of progesterone is about 13 hours - so morning and evening. I use about 30-40mg morning and again in evening 30-40mgs. Has been super helpful in Estrogen dominance. This is down from around 200mg (split in two doses) I used to turn the Estrogen corner so to speak. I imagine I will gradually reduce over time and find my maintenance dose. Because of my age, I imagine I will remain indefinitely on progesterone.

Kray

Oops totally missed it. Excuse me @classicallady! I use twice daily doses as the half life of progesterone is about 13 hours - so morning and evening. I use about 30-40mg morning and again in evening 30-40mgs. Has been super helpful in Estrogen dominance. This is down from around 200mg (split in two doses) I used to turn the Estrogen corner so to speak. I imagine I will gradually reduce over time and find my maintenance dose. Because of my age, I imagine I will remain indefinitely on progesterone.

No problem. Great, thank you!

Kray

One more question-- are you using topically, or orally (gums/under tongue)? If you use topically, do you have any suggestions for avoiding staining clothing? Do you mix with something else to make it easier to spread? I ask because I have some P-E sitting in the 'frig and want to use it up (have alternated with Haidut's Progestene). Thanks again!

L

lollipop

One more question-- are you using topically, or orally (gums/under tongue)? If you use topically, do you have any suggestions for avoiding staining clothing? Do you mix with something else to make it easier to spread? I ask because I have some P-E sitting in the 'frig and want to use it up (have alternated with Haidut's Progestene). Thanks again!
Hi @classicallady!

I use mostly on my gums and then on my face as wrinkle treatment. Also occasionally I spread on my hands and forearms. It is a great moisturizer and Skin softener. I use as is and spreads fine especially with body heat. Within 10 min my hands are soft and the stickiness is gone. Sometimes for my arms, I just put a long sleeve shirt and I am good to go. Does this answer your questions?

Kray

Hi @classicallady!

I use mostly on my gums and then on my face as wrinkle treatment. Also occasionally I spread on my hands and forearms. It is a great moisturizer and Skin softener. I use as is and spreads fine especially with body heat. Within 10 min my hands are soft and the stickiness is gone. Sometimes for my arms, I just put a long sleeve shirt and I am good to go. Does this answer your questions?

Great, thanks. Appreciate your feedback!

L

lollipop

Great, thanks. Appreciate your feedback!
Oh btw...I think it helps with age related aging skin and discoloration! I started putting on my arms for that. Recently my client told me I had the youngest looking arm and leg skin he had seen and virtually wrinkle free. Ray Peat for the win! Thanks for asking these questions @classicallady :): Other people can read and maybe benefit!!

tara

I've also tried cocoa butter, and it was hard as a rock and difficult to work with (I melted it down, ruined some containers, etc).
I found coconut oil too drying and cocoa butter alone too hard too. But a mixture of the two works really well for me - soft enough to spread, but stays on the surface and moisturises rather than just soaking in and drying. A tiny bit of beeswax makes it even more protectiveas a moisturiser, but it makes it stick to the clothes more and harder to wash out, so I stopped using that. I melt the two oils together in a cup in a pot of water - a bit more cocoa butter than coconut oil. When well melted and mixed, pour into a mould to cool. Rub the block on skin. These days I only use it on a few places that are still trouble some - for a while it was over a big area.
I do sometimes end up with a bit of butter butter on my face in the evening too - knowing I'll shower it off in the morning - tastes and feels good. :)