The One Thing From Experience That Has Solved Most Issues

mattmm24

I have seen so many posts about getting enough calcium, b vitamins, zinc, copper, etc. I see barely any posts talking about the one thing that EVERYONE needs more than anything. Potassium. Most people do not get enough and even if they do, they also get too much sodium which depletes their potassium. Calcium supplements deplete potassium. Vitamin D supplements deplete potassium. Excess sodium depletes potassium. If you are eating out at all you are getting ridiculous amounts of table salt in your food. Sodium is one of the #1 slow killers. People have health issues and all they have to do is increase their potassium and lower their sodium intake! I have tried even using a lot of sea salt and it dries me out. Getting a ton of potassium and minimal good salt is the best combination for me. I sweat better when I exercise. My blood pressure is normalized. I am better at expressing myself. I am more grounded. etc. And I am sure a lot of people on this forum do get enough potassium. But for anyone having health problems including breathing problems through your nose, hypertension, anxiety, insomnia increase your potassium and all of that will go away. And also potassium supplements are not the answer.. You got to get the potassium from food only. Potassium supplements are pretty toxic overall. One more thing to add is that I think a lot of people are potassium deficient also, because they have too much copper in their bodies. Toxic copper antagonizes potassium. I will leave it at that. Does getting a ton of potassium help you as well or do you still try to get a lot of salt?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I agree. Potassium can be a game changer for many if not most.

OP
M

mattmm24

So what foods? Potatoes and bananas?
Yea and you can take a bunch of high potassium vegetables and boil them, turn the water into a tea to drink throughout the day. Orange juice obviously too. I don't do too well on milk unless it is goat milk so I don't drink much dairy. But not eating high sodium processed foods and using minimal sea salt on my food has made my skin less dry as well and I am sweating a lot more.

Runenight201

Yea and you can take a bunch of high potassium vegetables and boil them, turn the water into a tea to drink throughout the day. Orange juice obviously too. I don't do too well on milk unless it is goat milk so I don't drink much dairy. But not eating high sodium processed foods and using minimal sea salt on my food has made my skin less dry as well and I am sweating a lot more.

Each time I eat my vegetable soup I notice substantial improvements in my well-being. My veggie soup consists of squash, chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, spinach, and mushrooms. Tomorrow I’ll be adding celery. I do salt to taste thought, it doesn’t seem right eating that with no salt.

You think eating meat lowers potassium? I have not been feeling well after eating meat recently, starting to really question whether we should be eating it at all. Even straight milk messes me up now. Cheese is fine, tomorrow morning I will be making cheesy potatoes.

OP
M

mattmm24

Each time I eat my vegetable soup I notice substantial improvements in my well-being. My veggie soup consists of squash, chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, spinach, and mushrooms. Tomorrow I’ll be adding celery. I do salt to taste thought, it doesn’t seem right eating that with no salt.

You think eating meat lowers potassium? I have not been feeling well after eating meat recently, starting to really question whether we should be eating it at all. Even straight milk messes me up now. Cheese is fine, tomorrow morning I will be making cheesy potatoes.
I don't think meat effects it that much unless it is processed meat. Meat has a lot of potassium. Another thing that could be effected potassium levels is being copper toxic. Copper antagonizes potassium. I used to be on a program with hair mineral analysis, and I remember a lady that was in the group saying that she started raising her potassium intake significantly, and on her next hair test she was dumping toxic copper.

Vins7

I don't think meat effects it that much unless it is processed meat. Meat has a lot of potassium. Another thing that could be effected potassium levels is being copper toxic. Copper antagonizes potassium. I used to be on a program with hair mineral analysis, and I remember a lady that was in the group saying that she started raising her potassium intake significantly, and on her next hair test she was dumping toxic copper.
How could someone lose excess copper?

redsun

I have seen so many posts about getting enough calcium, b vitamins, zinc, copper, etc. I see barely any posts talking about the one thing that EVERYONE needs more than anything. Potassium. Most people do not get enough and even if they do, they also get too much sodium which depletes their potassium. Calcium supplements deplete potassium. Vitamin D supplements deplete potassium. Excess sodium depletes potassium. If you are eating out at all you are getting ridiculous amounts of table salt in your food. Sodium is one of the #1 slow killers. People have health issues and all they have to do is increase their potassium and lower their sodium intake! I have tried even using a lot of sea salt and it dries me out. Getting a ton of potassium and minimal good salt is the best combination for me. I sweat better when I exercise. My blood pressure is normalized. I am better at expressing myself. I am more grounded. etc. And I am sure a lot of people on this forum do get enough potassium. But for anyone having health problems including breathing problems through your nose, hypertension, anxiety, insomnia increase your potassium and all of that will go away. And also potassium supplements are not the answer.. You got to get the potassium from food only. Potassium supplements are pretty toxic overall. One more thing to add is that I think a lot of people are potassium deficient also, because they have too much copper in their bodies. Toxic copper antagonizes potassium. I will leave it at that. Does getting a ton of potassium help you as well or do you still try to get a lot of salt?
Potassium is well retained in normal circumstances. But the problem is, it will be excreted through urine more if you consume caffeine/coffee due to increased diuresis. Salt actually helps us to some degree to maintain potassium by reducing aldosterone (which increases potassium excretion) so sodium is important to retain potassium indirectly and caffeine has been shown to also increase sodium excretion through urine. So hyponatremia caused by caffeine would also indirectly lead to more potassium loss.

So a bad situation happens when someone eats a diet with plenty of sodium, very little potassium, but also consumes a considerable amount of caffeine and also sweats profusely on a regular basis. And if they also consume B-vitamins especially B12 and folate supplements which can increase potassium needs, you have a recipe for electrolyte issues.

If this describes one's situation, the solution is to be extra mindful of the intake of all your electrolytes especially potassium.

All major trace minerals especially zinc, iron, and copper as well as the others have roles in helping us stay hydrated one way or another. So there is importance to those as well if they lack in the diet.

Sedonagal

I totally agree. Over and over again when I have unexplainable symptoms or feeling awful, often the potassium is the game changer for me. I cannot get enough in my food because I am older and cannot ingest enough food in the day to meet requirements for most nutrients. I use potassium gluconate powder and pills.

OP
M

mattmm24

How could someone lose excess copper?
Well the program I used to be on was nutritional balancing and part of the program is doing coffee enemas regularly, lots of supplements. Also eating 6-9 cups of cooked vegetables. And so from my experience it really takes a toll on your potassium status despite the vegetables. During the program supposedly you detox toxic copper. I never did because I didn’t do it long enough. But I remember her talking about that on her hair test she didn’t dump copper until after she made an effort to increase her potassium intake every day. Somehow potassium has an antagonistic relationship with copper. Sodium would have a synergistic relationship with copper. If you think about it logically most people get excess sodium in their diet and lack potassium..so maybe that’s why they get overloaded with copper. But it also has to do with the adrenals not working properly. Which again has to do with getting enough potassium.

Mountain

Exactly my thoughts lately too. I've been making an effort to only consume high potassium carb sources lately (so pretty much all grains are out of the question) while also decreasing salt intake (basically to nil). Alongside this I've cut out dairy and gluten and reduced caffeine. Some things I've noticed are improved sports endurance, no pain in my intestines when pressing them (probably the gluten or dairy) and I've also seen a bunch of terminal hairs sprout on my scalp. Not enough to be cosmetically appreciable at this stage, but I literally had only one non-miniaturised hair at the front so any change is quite obvious to me.

reality

I think the major positives are related to improving the acid/alkaline balance and the PRAL

Bootselectric

I think the major positives are related to improving the acid/alkaline balance and the PRAL
It came to my mind as well, when reading this!

I am torn between trying an alkaline centered diet (PRAL) vs Vit A „detox“ diet - Garrett Smith / Genereux.

Both are very intriguing. The latter would be net acid though (not much fruit or vegetables, mostly meat, beans, rice, grains like oats)…

reality

It came to my mind as well, when reading this!

I am torn between trying an alkaline centered diet (PRAL) vs Vit A „detox“ diet - Garrett Smith / Genereux.

Both are very intriguing. The latter would be net acid though (not much fruit or vegetables, mostly meat, beans, rice, grains like oats)…

Focusing on PRAL and the acid alkaline balance had been a complete game changer for me and really fixed a lot of my issues

Including a lot of citrus (whole fruit) has been amazing because the citrates are converted to bicarbonate which helps even more

TheSir

And also potassium supplements are not the answer.. You got to get the potassium from food only
How do you know it's the potassium that helped you? If you were on NB your potassium intake should've been pretty high as it is. Did you have an elevated na/k ratio? What made you quit the program by the way?

Last edited:

Bootselectric

Focusing on PRAL and the acid alkaline balance had been a complete game changer for me and really fixed a lot of my issues

Including a lot of citrus (whole fruit) has been amazing because the citrates are converted to bicarbonate which helps even more
That’s good to hear!

What exactly are you eating / drinking on a typical day?

Are you restricting salt?

OP
M

mattmm24

How do you know it's the potassium that helped you? If you were on NB your potassium intake should've been pretty high as it is. Did you have an elevated na/k ratio? What made you quit the program by the way?
I felt like the program was too restrictive. I got to the point where I felt bad if I ate anything that wasn’t allowed on the program. It takes alot of effort to eat 6-9 cups of cooked vegetables every day. And then you are doing coffee enemas daily. Supplements 3 X a day. I think all of the detox procedures tank your potassium. I wasn’t sweating when doing the sauna. So I guess to sum it all up I felt like I wasn’t making progress bc I couldn’t commit to it fully for it too work.
My NA/K ratio was always below 2.5 Usually anywhere from 1.8-2.4. My copper and iron were always low. Zinc normal. But I know it was potassium because I had potassium loss (potassium and sodium off the charts) on a few tests. I had a panic attack one time off and on for a week where I thought I was going to die. All of that imo is from tanking my potassium with excessive detoxing and supplementation and not getting 5000+ mG of potassium.
When I get alot of potassium my breathing is deeper and smoother. I sweat a lot easier. I sleep deeper.
And honestly part of my problem was too much salt as well.
I was excited to do NB at first, but it wore me out. Did you do NB????

A

Adf

Definitely Potassium is extremely important. The one thing I've added to my diet/supplement this year is K-Water (Taurine Potassium Bicarb). I can get rid of all other supplements and just use K-water and feel great. It's the only thing I've supplemented that I feel better instantly, and I feel it negatively when I go a few days without it.

For me, K-water is much more powerful than progesterone, pregnenolone, DHEA and androsterone.

Taurine at 10gm a day is a powerhouse supplement in itself but it synergizes extremely well with potassium bi-carb.

Whichway?

And also potassium supplements are not the answer.
I know you say supplements are to be avoided, but can I ask why? I got some Life Basics potassium bicarbonate to try. My teeth aren’t so great and chewing my way through a lot of fruit and vegetables would be problematic for me.

I would be interested to know how others in this thread that have used potassium gluconate or other potassium supplements have gotten along?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals