Blood Pressure Too High ?

marsaday

My blood pressure is not bad, but it could be lower.

I record my pressure every night while reading in bed. It is usually 125/60, but it can be as high as 130/60.

Today i went to the doc for an over 40's health check. My blood pressure sat at his desk was 167/60 odd. After two more goes it came down to 141/60 odd.

So in the day my pressure is quite high as i move around and interact with life.

How do i lower the pressure ? I dont drink or smoke and am athletic and not over weight. I exercise a lot and eat well. I take 100 T4 and 10 T3 as i have hypothyroidism.

In the last year i have noticed my pressure at night has crept up. It would generally be 120/55, quite often in the teens for the systolic reading. I have also had some problems over the last winter with my general health and thyroid meds. I am now much better, but something has happened in the last year to upset my balance. I have been working physically hard developing two houses and we have had a baby so i am thinking maybe i have been pushing it a bit too much and the cortisol levels have gone too high.

Mittir

RP has mentioned that pulse pressure (the difference between systolic and diastolic)
should ideally be below 50. Your pulse pressure at home is 65 and 70.
According to mayo clinic pulse pressure greater than 60 is a risk factor
for cardiovascular disease. You can do a lot of peatian things to
fix your blood pressure. RP thinks 140/90 is fine as it is within 50.
I do not want you to worry about it. It would be a good idea to
track pulse pressure and see how foods affect that.
You can ask RP about it . You can talk to your doctor too.
I know beta blockers can lower the upper value which is related
to suppression of stress hormones. Vitamin A D E K, calcium are known to
help with blood pressure. B6 deficiency is also found in hypertensive people.
A nutritious balanced diet is very important in all kind of health issue.
Have you measured your PTH? It is a good indicator of calcium status.
This article is quite helpful in understanding high blood pressure
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/calcium.shtml
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond ... q-20058189

how old are you

do you have any medical conditions...

higher blood pressure is very protective and promotes longevity for people who are over 40 or 50.

LUH 3417

how old are you

do you have any medical conditions...

higher blood pressure is very protective and promotes longevity for people who are over 40 or 50.
I am 28
I have been hypotensive my entire life and felt like I’ve been in a state of physiological shock (cold extremities, dizziness, tachycardia, low BP, prone to histamine reactions)
I feel better with a higher BP. I emailed rp and he said:
A low pulse pressure shows elasticity and efficient pumping. The diastolic pressure probably represents increased adrenaline and serotonin. Do you supplement progesterone or thyroid?

My digestion is weak and I take cascara and vitamin C.

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
Hello my BP is usually 125/85 or 120/80. Is this good or bad? I check every day morning and night with a manual cuff and stethoscope

I woudl imagine that if you took your temps and heart rate according to Dr. Barnes, you would be hypothyroid.

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
I woudl imagine that if you took your temps and heart rate according to Dr. Barnes, you would be hypothyroid.
Can you tell me what tests I need to do to test my thyroid for proper function? my libido has almost disappeared going from extremely high to almost nothing. However my diet has been very healthy and my alcohol consumption has been the lowest its ever been in my life. I don't understand how being more healthy could destroy my libido.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals