New Symptoms Of High Blood Pressure, High Heart Rate

AmishMechanic

Hi all!

It's been awhile since I've lurked but these odd symptoms have made me scramble back for some answers.

Since this past summer my heart rate and blood pressure have shot up along with a dramatic 10 lb weight loss in one month (I'm only 5'2" 48 yr old gal who is not overweight so, that was a lot). My weight is steady now.
My heart rate is averaging low-mid 90's throughout the day. HR used to hover @ 68 bpm.
My blood pressure used to be quite low 116/60 but is now 140/90.
More days than not, I wake up with weak legs and they stay weak until afternoon.
I weight train 4-5 days a week and have not been doing cardio since late last spring.
My caloric intake is varied by hunger now and it varies from 1500 kcals - 2300 kcals.
If I crave sugar, I have it.
OJ turns my stomach but I have started having tangerine juice. That seems more tolerable.
I drink about two cups of 2% grass fed organic milk + some cottage cheese, whole fat organic yogurt once per day for my gut happiness.
I stay away from PUFAs.
Coffee fanatic.
My protein content is aboout 120-130g / day. I weigh 133 now hoping to reach 125-128bs.
Aspirin 180 -' 100mcg T4 once per day, mostly at night.
I have been using a sleep monitor and the majority of my sleep is REM followed by light sleep with about 20% deep sleep. I do not wake up often and get about 8 hrs.
I live in Florida and rarely use sunscreen so D3 should be ok.

I was thinking of dropping my T4 some but something is telling me that is not it.

Any ideas where I should go from here?

Thanks all, and happy holiday season to you!

OP
AmishMechanic

AmishMechanic

have you checked your thyroid hormones?

100mcg t4 seems a lot to me.

Nope not yet. I have yet to find a good GP in my area that I won't have to pre treat myself with a shot or two of hard liquor...
I need to work harder to find one.

I once took 300mcg for several weeks thinking the canine dose would be fine ( I am a veterinarian ). Wow. I got a lot of chit done! :nailbiting:

InChristAlone

If you are on T4 only I would get blood labs. Peat has said that most women will not do well with T4 only.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I have yet to find a good GP in my area
Since you are currently without a doctor you might be able to order the labs you want checked yourself online. I've had to do that before and the online providers use the same labs I had gone to before through doctors offices. The regulations vary by state so you'd need to check if it's an option in Florida. I believe www.toxinless.com has a list of test providers if you're interested in going that route.
I'm glad your back even if it isn't under the best of circumstances. I remember you mentioned having a critical illness prior to joining so I hoped you were doing ok.

OP
AmishMechanic

AmishMechanic

I'm glad your back even if it isn't under the best of circumstances. I remember you mentioned having a critical illness prior to joining so I hoped you were doing ok.

Thank you Blossom!

My husband and I have a summer home in Alaska and we were pretty busy!

Before I left I have been eating a RP diet and I think it worked, HR up, Temps up, but my weight was stagnant. I have made the diet a bit more flexible and up until a month or so, I have been feeling pretty fried!

I'll up my dairy and OJ and nix the sourdough for awhile I guess. I bought some egg nog sweetened with sugar and I may try having that just before bed.
As for my GP search, I actually just need to get serious about it. I am very near Orlando and it's a pretty progressive town. I should be able to find a holistic minded GP.

I'm looking forward to lurking more often.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals