Blood Pressure - What If You Left If High And Not Take Meds?

x-ray peat

I listened to Dr. Jennifer Daniels' show about dialysis today. One segment that was is relevant to this discussion is that there are many drugs are prescribed that contribute to kidney failure. And surprise, surprise, she mentions the use of certain ACE inhibitors used for hypertension.

I don't know how true this is. But it helps bolster my belief that taking drugs just for the purpose of lowering blood pressure ( and to pass the health exam needed for health insurance certainly) would be doing more harm than good.

Truth Files
Im also a big fan of Dr Daniels and am glad you found her take on high blood pressure meds. IIRC she says that risks from high blood pressure are greatly overblown and the best thing to do is to drink more water. Definitely stay away from the meds and try to do it naturally.

As you said modern medicine is all about treating symptoms; it has nothing to do with treating disease or restoring health in any way. In the view of the pharma industry, a patient cured is a customer lost.

not sure if you listened to this one but she talks about high blood pressure here
Dr. Jennifer Daniels - What It Takes to Live a Long Life Is Actually Pretty Simple - January 25, 2016 - One Radio Network
hr 1 min 48 30

Last edited:

Ell

apologies for my not having read all the posts, but on blood pressure I'm reminded of Prof. Wilder Bancroft of Cornell who personally ate a gram a day of thiocyanate for something like 20 years to prove its safety, and I also recall having read of its positive effects with regard to lowering blood pressure. I recall also how thiocyanate levels elevate in the body after ingesting "amygdalin", so I made it a habit 20 years ago to eat a few apricot kernels on a routine basis - at 57 my bp is typically 118/75 or so, even though I enjoy a cigarette and coffee 3 or 4 times a week. Not telling anyone what to do, just sharing an anecdote, maybe you all can learn something from Prof. Bancroft re blood colloids, zeta potential, electron transfer, etc., definitely a good place to begin for the beginners

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Yes, it was amazing that my BP levels responded favorably when other stuff I tried did not. I read somewhere that magnesium tends to lower the diastolic pressure but has little effect on the systolic. Perhaps you could post your results after you have tried magnesium for they could validate the claim?
I'm not sure I can verify magnesium's effect on the diastolic pressure mainly, but all I can say for now that with using it together with vitamin C has been effective in lowering my blood pressure. In my context, both chelate lead and removing lead from my kidneys will definitely help remove the stress on my kidneys, and relieve me of high blood pressure. Taking out lead toxicity as a factor, magnesium would still be helpful because if it addresses a magnesium deficiency in my body stores, it would allow my body to store more potassium, and with having an abundance of electrolytes, I would be able to produce more blood, and a higher blood volume will lower blood pressure as well.

Im also a big fan of Dr Daniels and am glad you found her take on high blood pressure meds. IIRC she says that risks from high blood pressure are greatly overblown and the best thing to do is to drink more water. Definitely stay away from the meds and try to do it naturally.

As you said modern medicine is all about treating symptoms; it has nothing to do with treating disease or restoring health in any way. In the view of the pharma industry, a patient cured is a customer lost.

not sure if you listened to this one but she talks about high blood pressure here
Dr. Jennifer Daniels - What It Takes to Live a Long Life Is Actually Pretty Simple - January 25, 2016 - One Radio Network
hr 1 min 48 30
Thanks for the link. I should listen to Patrick Timpone's interviews of her more. I have difficulty listening to her own recordings and wish there were transcripts. Very interesting to discover about NNT through her toward the end of the second part of the interview : http://www.thennt.com/ It is a rating system used on therapies used by hospital developed by a group of physicians using evidence-based studies. Very easy to understand and to use. Read through it and you can appreciate how useful it is when you consider being given certain drugs. I think of it as a risk-reward consideration of whether to undergo such and such therapy, from something as simple as aspirin to combination inhalers for asthama (NNT Home – TheNNT) I went the whole interview, then realized you had put in the time where she talked about hypertension.

apologies for my not having read all the posts, but on blood pressure I'm reminded of Prof. Wilder Bancroft of Cornell who personally ate a gram a day of thiocyanate for something like 20 years to prove its safety, and I also recall having read of its positive effects with regard to lowering blood pressure. I recall also how thiocyanate levels elevate in the body after ingesting "amygdalin", so I made it a habit 20 years ago to eat a few apricot kernels on a routine basis - at 57 my bp is typically 118/75 or so, even though I enjoy a cigarette and coffee 3 or 4 times a week. Not telling anyone what to do, just sharing an anecdote, maybe you all can learn something from Prof. Bancroft re blood colloids, zeta potential, electron transfer, etc., definitely a good place to begin for the beginners
Do you have a particular book of his to recommend? I searched the internet archive and there's plenty of his stuff there.

TibRex

Interesting - thanks for the tip. I've a bottle of the apricot kernels in the cupboard and would like to start eating them.. could you suggest how many kernels to begin with. TCM stores sell them too. They group them into into sweet (southern variety) and bitter (northern variety) kernels and are typically split into thin pieces.

x-ray peat

Thanks for the link. I should listen to Patrick Timpone's interviews of her more. I have difficulty listening to her own recordings and wish there were transcripts. Very interesting to discover about NNT through her toward the end of the second part of the interview : Homepage – TheNNT It is a rating system used on therapies used by hospital developed by a group of physicians using evidence-based studies. Very easy to understand and to use. Read through it and you can appreciate how useful it is when you consider being given certain drugs. I think of it as a risk-reward consideration of whether to undergo such and such therapy, from something as simple as aspirin to combination inhalers for asthama (NNT Home – TheNNT) I went the whole interview, then realized you had put in the time where she talked about hypertension.
Yeah Patrick Timpone is the man. I too looked at that NNT site and it is pretty shocking how ineffective many of these pills are. The ones for statins are laughable yet everyone seems to be on them.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

@yerrag did you ever have any success lowering your blood pressure?
Not all the way to 120/80.

I was able to lower bp from 240/160 by eliminating the periodontal microbial colony in my internal system, lowering my bp as a result to 180/120.

But I ran into issues I still have to work out as I attempt to remove lead toxicit to further lower bp to 120/80.

I am currently recovering from heart failure and will resume once I'm ready.

dukesbobby777

I was able to lower bp from 240/160 by eliminating the periodontal microbial colony in my internal system, lowering my bp as a result to 180/120.

But I ran into issues I still have to work out as I attempt to remove lead toxicit to further lower bp to 120/80.

How did you lower the periodontal microbial colony? I thought that was seen (by some here) as being an impossible battle to win (long term), as they just reconolize? Just strategically chronic supplementation of anti-parasitics/fungals/bacterials?

Peatress

Sorry to hear this. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

cremes

I've been reading (via search, mostly) many of your old threads going back to 2018 and probably some before. I admire your tenacity and your journey.

Heart failure is the inevitable result of that sky-high BP. You've had it for at least 5 years if not longer. I know you don't want to paper over the problem with modern drugs and you want to solve it via other means. That was an interesting goal but after 5+ years you lost. Take the beta blockers. Take the calcium channel blockers. Take the ACE inhibitors. Give yourself _more runway_ to solve the blood pressure issue... use the drugs to stay alive long enough to beat it.

I was reading one of your old threads just yesterday where you talked about the Kempner rice diet. It has an excellent track record for resolving high blood pressure. I can't find any reference that you ever tried it or why you would not want to try it. I'm sure there are other examples of non-pharmacological interventions you could try that have a strong history of success. Maybe now _while in heart failure_ is a good time to add those to your near-term plan.

I hope you make it @yerrag. Take the L on this one and pop the pill(s). Live to fight another day, man.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Sorry to hear this. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Thanks.

I have been on recovery.

I have to rely on the medical system to extricate myself from the heart failure. will be discharged in two days from a regular room after spending 2 days initially intubated in an ICU. An having to have bp drugs as this is the part of the rules of the medical system. I expect to go home after s total see stay of a week.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I've been reading (via search, mostly) many of your old threads going back to 2018 and probably some before. I admire your tenacity and your journey.

Heart failure is the inevitable result of that sky-high BP. You've had it for at least 5 years if not longer. I know you don't want to paper over the problem with modern drugs and you want to solve it via other means. That was an interesting goal but after 5+ years you lost. Take the beta blockers. Take the calcium channel blockers. Take the ACE inhibitors. Give yourself _more runway_ to solve the blood pressure issue... use the drugs to stay alive long enough to beat it.

I was reading one of your old threads just yesterday where you talked about the Kempner rice diet. It has an excellent track record for resolving high blood pressure. I can't find any reference that you ever tried it or why you would not want to try it. I'm sure there are other examples of non-pharmacological interventions you could try that have a strong history of success. Maybe now _while in heart failure_ is a good time to add those to your near-term plan.

I hope you make it @yerrag. Take the L on this one and pop the pill(s). Live to fight another day, man.
Right. That's where I'm at.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

How did you lower the periodontal microbial colony? I thought that was seen (by some here) as being an impossible battle to win (long term), as they just reconolize? Just strategically chronic supplementation of anti-parasitics/fungals/bacterials?
I used many methods but eventually found using suppositories of essential oils helpful and very effective.

Unfortunately, I used one essential oil wrongly, and that led me down the path to eventual heart failure for which I had to be saved via incubation in an ICU.

youngsinatra

Kidney deterioration and premature cardiovascular disease mortality (esp. stroke) are things that are worrisome to me with chronic hypertension. (esp. at stage II hypertension - 140/90+ and getting really bad if you are chronically in „hypertensive crisis“ - 180/120+)

There are pretty safe antihypertensives that have good data on benefitting cardiovascular morphology and kidney function. I like the sartans (ARBs) because they are pretty well tolerated. (whereas ACE-I tend to produce more side effects)
I think even Ray spoke favorably about them.

Even though I was surprisingly able to resolve my own chronic hypertension by eliminating red meat (and generally following a low iron/zinc diet), taking thyroid and drinking mineral water.

I am thinking about continuing with a low dose of telmisartan nonetheless. (haven’t taken it in months though) I know some bodybuilding friends who take it as a preventative medicine even though they don’t have hypertension.

Last edited:
OP
yerrag

yerrag

I used many methods but eventually found using suppositories of essential oils helpful and very effective.

Unfortunately, I used one essential oil wrongly, and that led me down the path to eventual heart failure for which I had to be saved via incubation in an ICU.
intubation.

Not incubation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals