Does anyone have experience taking irbesartan of other arbs for high blood pressure

Ideal man

I need to get my blood pressure down im going to be taking 150mg of irbesartan daily to see if it corrects my hbp

Elie

Forum Supporter
Ray prefers that ARBs
As an ND, some of my clients are on ARBs
They are safer than the other hypertensives.
Losaratan is relatively safe, but lately was replaced by Telmisartan in Here Canada and I haven't had enough clients on this to say yay or nay.
Here is an interesting summary, but not sure how reliable The Different Therapeutic Choices with ARBs. Which One to Give? When? Why?
I would keep an eye on potential adverse reactions based on the list here Micardis (telmisartan) dose, indications, adverse effects, interactions... from PDR.net
Having said that no luck in keeping BP down with no meds?

OP
Ideal man

Ideal man

Ray prefers that ARBs
As an ND, some of my clients are on ARBs
They are safer than the other hypertensives.
Losaratan is relatively safe, but lately was replaced by Telmisartan in Here Canada and I haven't had enough clients on this to say yay or nay.
Here is an interesting summary, but not sure how reliable The Different Therapeutic Choices with ARBs. Which One to Give? When? Why?
I would keep an eye on potential adverse reactions based on the list here Micardis (telmisartan) dose, indications, adverse effects, interactions... from PDR.net
Having said that no luck in keeping BP down with no meds?
Ive tried everything and nothing seems to work i have irbesartan 150mg im scared of the side effects

Elie

Forum Supporter
If you'd like Share some more details and lets see if I could guide.
age, gender, health history, labs (inflammatory markers, kidney eGFR, thyroid, sugar, LD, iron panel), average BP readings, stare of mind.
cheers

Validus

Ive tried everything and nothing seems to work i have irbesartan 150mg im scared of the side effects
I've taken 80 mgs of telmisartan for about a year with decent results and low side effects. Are you overweight? Had blood work done like Elie indicated?

You may try cyproheptadine in low doses during the day if your problem is high cortisol and acth.

P

Peatness

This thread might be helpful. I was on telmisartan but had to come off it they reasons are explained in the thread.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals