Blood Pressure - What If You Left If High And Not Take Meds?

yerrag

In an earlier thread, I had asked about what would happen if you left your fever as is, and I got many good answers, that fly in the face of conventional medical wisdom. Here it is: What If You Left Your Fever As Is?

Now, I'm asking the same thing about blood pressure. I've searched high and low, far and wide, and it seems I couldn't get an answer that a friend knowledgeable in the subject would give a friend in confidence, meaning all answers toe the line that high blood pressure is bad, and that you need to take medication to lower it. There is the common fear among both conventional and alternative practitioners that left untreated the high blood pressure will result in your kidney being destroyed, or your blood vessels will explode. It's a scary thought and this fear motivates most of us to toe the line.

Well, I gave it a lot of thought and decided that no, I won't take blood pressure medication. I also take solace in knowing there is a chiropractor I know who also has high blood pressure, and he doesn't take medication for it as well. I'm pretty sure that he's not doing nothing about it, but that he doesn't want to lower his blood pressure using drugs just so he can ace his "health certification" with flying colors, and that he knows he has to respect his body when it tells him he needs a high blood pressure to cope with a condition that needs to be resolved. I'm that way myself. It's been more than 10 years I've had this high blood pressure, and try as I might to resolve the condition, I haven't resolved it.

I had urine tests, and I found out I have stage 1 chronic kidney disease, because my urine is releasing some albumin. This was confirmed by a lower blood albumin - it is within range but on the low side of it. Normally, our doctors would not even sound the alarm on this metric. They'll let us wait until we have a kidney condition, manifested by some pain, before they act.

I'm steadfast in my belief that even if I had artificially lowered my blood pressure, it would not have done anything at all to prevent my kidney from deteriorating. I also believe that if my blood pressure were artificially lowered, I would have been in much worse a condition. I believe that my high blood pressure was needed to produce a much higher level of uric acid so that it would protect my kidney from further damage. Uric acid is an antioxidant that primates produce to cope with the inability to produce vitamin C.

My blood pressure has come down since I took oral chelation to rid my kidney of lead toxicity. 3 months of treatment have given me signs of hope. My blood albumin has increased, uric acid levels have decreased, and my blood pressure has decreased. Yet, I still need to continue on with my protocol for a few more months. I think I'm halfway through the healing.

I'm interested in getting more information regarding high blood pressure, and to see if there is an alternatve narrative to the one that says you have to take blood pressure medication to keep you from further harm. I don't like the way high blood pressure is handled by conventional medicine, telling us we have "essential hypertension" and leaving it at that, with no effort to identify the cause of the problem, and therefore no guidance at all in curing the cause of the high blood pressure.

I'm happy to read in Breitbart of their suggestion to Trump to change the narrative in our healthcare approach, which is currently controlled and dictated by evil pharma, to move towards cures rather than palliative solutions, which is the norm. It is a costly approach, and has made us so dependent on a government handout by way of free health insurance. This is a societal cancer that is a stake right at the heart of western democracies, and is spreading to many countries, who see the United States mistakenly as the model. It is spreading and needs to be stopped. I hate to see the Philippines adopt this parasitic model, thinking they have to follow the United States even in everything it does, warts included.

bcopeland

Hello yerrag,

I agree the American health care model is corrupt in many ways and at it's root is modeled to drive profit. Having said that chronic high blood pressure is not a good thing.

Chronic high blood pressure left unchecked will create micro tears in your blood vessels. That will lead to a build up of scar tissue and atheroscleroris. The results of which can vary widely based how healthy a person is and their genetic / epigenetic resilience to such things.

But what may I ask is the blood pressure level we are talking about?

My understanding is that what is considered high today is far lower than what used to be considered high. The same way that today's high cholesterol is far lower than it used to be in order to get more people on statins.

In my experience the most common causes of chronic high blood pressure are:
1) Emotional. Anxiety driven usually by unresolved childhood trauma.
2) Respiratory. Chronic low grade hyperventilation caused by mouth breathing (snoring at night). Too much oxygen causes the blood to become hyper alkaline and this is causes vasoconstriction and thus high blood pressure.
3) Sympathetic escape. Especially if you notice that your blood pressure is different on your right side than your left then you most likely have an issue with an area of your brain stem called the pontomedullary reticular formation (PMRF). The PMRF regulates sympathetic activity down the rest of the organism and when someone has a dysfunction in this part of the brain we see high blood pressure, especially on the side of the brain where the damage is... assuming it is not both sides. This often happens as a result of a head injury but can also happen for many other reasons. Typically this person might have other issues such as digestive problems, poor posture, chronic muscle tightness, less than 20/20 eyesight, blood pressure swings when moving from sitting, to standing, to lying down, etc.

Diet (including sodium intake) usually only makes temporary changes in blood pressure. Not saying that certain deficiencies can't be a problem of course.

There can certainly be other reasons for high blood pressure but those in my experience are the top 3.

Personally if I were talking to myself... I would only take blood pressure meds if I was very high. And it would be with the intention of fixing things so that I could get off of them ASAP. I would also take the minimal dose required.

Next I would seek out experts who could help with 1, 2, and 3. And do science... try things and see what lowers my blood pressure.

You are already doing that with nutritional strategies and apparently seeing some results so consider 1, 2, or 3 and if any of those might be an issue I can suggest where you might be able to find an expert on those areas.

Best,
Brian

Last edited:

Elysium

Yes, Breitbart and uncle Don will make it all better.

But until then it is one thing to mistrust drugs, even not take them, and whole another to assume high blood pressure is ok. It isn't, it is a degenerative and dangerous health condition that must be treated. Yes, preferably by dealing with the causes. There is a lot of nonsense and wrong assumptions out there (like salt being a cause), and not all are driven by corrupt intentions, it never the less cannot be ignored or left untreated.

@bcopeland all good points

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Thanks Brian and Elysium.

I'm sure it is implicit in my post that blood pressure is not okay. Otherwise, I wouldn't be taking steps to lower it. But where it says high blood pressure is a degenerative and dangerous condition is where I don't agree. I must call on the tired cliche that it is a symptom, not a cause. And I see high blood pressure in a different light, seeing it as a positive in that it is the body's correct response to a condition that is causing it to behave in a way that increases the blood pressure.

Some causes may easily be addressed and cured in a short time. Some would take much longer to cure. And then there is the lag time between having this symptom and finding an expert who can properly diagnose as to its causes and prescribe a protocol in curing it. And more often that not, there is no resolution because of the medical industry's propensity to just dump high blood pressure as "essential," thereby giving up on finding the cause and letting patients be on prescription forever.

Once someone starts taking medication, chances are that he will stay on it, and will just not make much effort towards finding the cause and the cure. It makes it hard that the " experts" in conventional medicine are anything but, and in the alternative field, there are still many poor practitioners that can't make a good diagnosis. And even if good practitioners can be found, it takes a lot of luck for people to find them. But still, the expense involved in curing high blood pressure are often non-reimbursable with the insurance companies. So, it takes a great amount of determination, in terms of effort and money to cure hypertension.

If, say, for example, you embark on that road towards a cure, do you think it's really a good idea to be on prescription meds just to artificially lower your blood pressure? For most everyone, the answer would be yes. And I would reckon the reason is the fear that hypertension in and of itself is harmful. As earlier stated, I'm staying it isn 't because it is the body's coping mechanism working. It's not a perfect comparison, granted, but I would see it in a similar light to fever, where the body increases its temperature to helping in its healing. A fever would be mostly temporary because the nature of the fever is usually an infection, which gets resolved in a lot less time than a degenerative condition, for which high blood pressure would find itself expressing.

Is the fear of worse effects in allowing a high blood pressure condition to continue justified? Has there been studies made that prove that?

Also, have studies been made that prove that those who took prescription drugs have better outcomes than those who didn't take prescription drugs?

Or are we just basing our decisions on seemingly obvious truths that are unproven?

I now have blood pressure of 180/120. It is much lower than 5 months ago, when my blood pressure was at 220/140.

DaveFoster

I now have blood pressure of 180/120.
Shocked-Face.gif

Do you take thyroid?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Shocked-Face.gif

Do you take thyroid?
No.

Have good thyroid. I have good Achilles tendon reflex, have good QT values on ECG, blood endocrine tests seem fine by Mittir.

Problem is my kidney having lead toxicity, which I am halfway through resolving.

Will take some soon, just to see if it helps. Will also try some K from Idealabs. Can't hurt to try but numero uno is my lead toxicity.

No, my eyes haven't grown that big yet. ;)

B

Braveheart

want to normalize your pressure naturally...loose weight.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

want to normalize your pressure naturally...loose weight.
Did that work for you? Congratulations. But not everyone has that same context.

L

lollipop

Hello yerrag,

I agree the American health care model is corrupt in many ways and at it's root is modeled to drive profit. Having said that chronic high blood pressure is not a good thing.

Chronic high blood pressure left unchecked will create micro tears in your blood vessels. That will lead to a build up of scar tissue and atheroscleroris. The results of which can vary widely based how healthy a person is and their genetic / epigenetic resilience to such things.

My understanding is that what is considered high today is far lower than what used to be considered high. The same way that today's high cholesterol is far lower than it used to be in order to get more people on statins.

In my experience the most common causes of chronic high blood pressure are:
1) Emotional. Anxiety driven usually by unresolved childhood trauma.
2) Respiratory. Chronic low grade hyperventilation caused by mouth breathing (snoring at night). Too much oxygen causes the blood to become hyper alkaline and this is causes vasoconstriction and thus high blood pressure.
3) Sympathetic escape. Especially if you notice that your blood pressure is different on your right side than your left then you most likely have an issue with an area of your brain stem called the pontomedullary reticular formation (PMRF). The PMRF regulates sympathetic activity down the rest of the organism and when someone has a dysfunction in this part of the brain we see high blood pressure, especially on the side of the brain where the damage is... assuming it is not both sides. This often happens as a result of a head injury but can also happen for many other reasons. Typically this person might have other issues such as digestive problems, poor posture, chronic muscle tightness, less than 20/20 eyesight, blood pressure swings when moving from sitting, to standing, to lying down, etc.

Diet (including sodium intake) usually only makes temporary changes in blood pressure. Not saying that certain deficiencies can't be a problem of course.

There can certainly be other reasons for high blood pressure but those in my experience are the top 3.

Personally if I were talking to myself... I would only take blood pressure meds if I was very high. And it would be with the intention of fixing things so that I could get off of them ASAP. I would also take the minimal dose required.

Next I would seek out experts who could help with 1, 2, and 3. And do science... try things and see what lowers my blood pressure.

You are already doing that with nutritional strategies and apparently seeing some results so consider 1, 2, or 3 and if any of those might be an issue I can suggest where you might be able to find an expert on those areas.

Best,
Brian
Good post @bcopeland

Marg

My blood pressure has come down since I took oral chelation to rid my kidney of lead toxicity

yerrag did you find any answers to perhaps where the lead toxicity actually came from, ie lead pipes from water supply, food sources, etc...?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

yerrag did you find any answers to perhaps where the lead toxicity actually came from, ie lead pipes from water supply, food sources, etc...?
I can only guess. It was likely coming from the copper pipes of an old apartment complex while I was living in Clifton Hills in Cincinnati. That's the danger, I guess, of living in old structures, as fancy as they look compared to dull modern homes. Modern homes use better piping materials.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I'm still alive and well, except for the fact that I have high blood pressure. It took a long while, but my blood pressure is coming down, having found the cause and still in the process of curing it.

But I'm going to set myself up as a survivor, who went against the grain of popular thought on managing high blood pressure with prescription medication.

None of us will never know if I would have fared better taking drugs to lower my blood pressure. It becomes a matter of belief in this case. I, on one side of it, the rest on the other side.

It's not recklessness on my part, nor is it timidity on the part of the other side. I see no reason to believe our fears, because there is no proof. While the other side sees no reason to ease your fears, as there is also no proof to the contrary.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I listened to Dr. Jennifer Daniels' show about dialysis today. One segment that was is relevant to this discussion is that there are many drugs are prescribed that contribute to kidney failure. And surprise, surprise, she mentions the use of certain ACE inhibitors used for hypertension.

I don't know how true this is. But it helps bolster my belief that taking drugs just for the purpose of lowering blood pressure ( and to pass the health exam needed for health insurance certainly) would be doing more harm than good.

Truth Files

Mary Pruter

My Mom is in the hospital for 8 days now. 91 years old, has dementia, fell and broke 5 ribs. When they'd move her around her PB and heart rate went up. Doctor put her on Coreg 3.125 now but at first, for 5 days she was on an IV Lopressor 5mgs.

How can I get her off of it. Only 1 day on the Coreg.

TibRex

@yerrag - How about drinking cayenne tea? My systolic BP was stubbornly high (150-160+) for many years until I stumbled on Dr John Christopher's simple remedy of drinking chili tea 2-3x a day. The diastolic BP was never a problem and ranged between 65-80. After doing the regimen for 1-2 weeks, I was surprised to find that it had dropped and stabilized in the 133-136 range for systolic and mid sixties for diastolic.

I used bird-eye chili pepper which I cut into small bits and then pour boiling water on them in a coffee mug. One can use chili powder too but it has to contain sufficient capsaicin, the active therapeutic agent. Choose a chili pepper that has around 30,000-50,000 SU (Scoville Units).

Yes, it was shock therapy/torturology! for the first few days but I started to develop quite rapid tolerance after that. I can email you a pdf containing more info, if you could provide an email address. Or, you can read Dr Christopher's story here: Cayenne History
and here: Cayenne

Related article: The amazing healing powers of cayenne pepper (capsicum)

Last edited:
OP
yerrag

yerrag

@yerrag - How about drinking cayenne tea? My systolic BP was stubbornly high (150-160+) for many years until I stumbled on Dr John Christopher's simple remedy of drinking chili tea 2-3x a day. The diastolic BP was never a problem and ranged between 65-80. After doing the regimen for 1-2 weeks, I was surprised to find that it had dropped and stabilized in the 133-136 range for systolic and mid sixties for diastolic.

I used bird-eye chili pepper which I cut into small bits and then pour boiling water on them in a coffee mug. One can use chili powder too but it has to contain sufficient capsaicin, the active therapeutic agent. Choose a chili pepper that has around 30,000-50,000 SU (Scoville Units).

Yes, it was shock therapy/torturology! for the first few days but I started to develop quite rapid tolerance after that. I can email you a pdf containing more info, if you could provide an email address. Or, you can read Dr Christopher's story here: Cayenne History
and here: Cayenne

Related article: The amazing healing powers of cayenne pepper (capsicum)

Tibrex, there's plenty of bird-eye chili pepper where I'm at. We call it sili labuyo here. In fact. I have a few of these plants growing in the backyard. The sparrows eat them and spread the seeds all over it seems. I've actually heard of them, but never really gave it serious thought, although I bought a small vial of chili tincture but never seriously gave it a fair shot. It's probably because without any write-up or history or studies behind it, I would find it hard to consider it seriously. So it's very nice to hear from you, and for you to share these info on it.

I have actually been making progress lately, with magnesium and with vitamin C; "Essential" Hypertension And Appreciating It For What It Really Is

It would be interesting to add this to my protocol. I'm tempted to start immediately, but I should give the existing protocol a fair shake, and give it a chance to work its way towards completion. I'm still quite a ways from 120/80.

I'm glad it worked for you, and that it took just a short while to take effect. I'm sure once I clear the lead from my system, the pepper protocol would be of very good use as well!

p.s. Interesting that the first article mentions cayenne as "one of the richest and most stable sources of Vitamin E." I have never heard that said of it. If true, I should really take Cayenne seriously as a supplement.

TibRex

Tibrex, there's plenty of bird-eye chili pepper where I'm at. We call it sili labuyo here. In fact. I have a few of these plants growing in the backyard. The sparrows eat them and spread the seeds all over it seems. I've actually heard of them, but never really gave it serious thought, although I bought a small vial of chili tincture but never seriously gave it a fair shot. It's probably because without any write-up or history or studies behind it, I would find it hard to consider it seriously. So it's very nice to hear from you, and for you to share these info on it.

I have actually been making progress lately, with magnesium and with vitamin C; "Essential" Hypertension And Appreciating It For What It Really Is

It would be interesting to add this to my protocol. I'm tempted to start immediately, but I should give the existing protocol a fair shake, and give it a chance to work its way towards completion. I'm still quite a ways from 120/80.

I'm glad it worked for you, and that it took just a short while to take effect. I'm sure once I clear the lead from my system, the pepper protocol would be of very good use as well!

p.s. Interesting that the first article mentions cayenne as "one of the richest and most stable sources of Vitamin E." I have never heard that said of it. If true, I should really take Cayenne seriously as a supplement.

Hahaha, looks like you're really excited like I've been over this simple remedy. I was just as skeptical when I first came across it but the proof of the pudding is in eating it, and so I tried it somewhat reluctantly to see if it really worked. Chili peppers are plentiful in the supermarkets here, both locally grown and imported (from Thailand) and are inexpensive.

Yes, I am aware of "Siling Labuyo" - there is a youtube video featuring a Filipino gentleman (farmer?) who claims that it can help lower blood glucose (BG) if taken with raw eggs. You are fortunate that it grows in your backyard - the ones sold in market tend to heavily sprayed with pesticides. I think the BG lowering effect has nothing to do with raw eggs. Capsaicin does lower BG, according to some researchers, if cayenne is ingested along with, or after, meals.

Yes, it was amazing that my BP levels responded favorably when other stuff I tried did not. I read somewhere that magnesium tends to lower the diastolic pressure but has little effect on the systolic. Perhaps you could post your results after you have tried magnesium for they could validate the claim?

I usually add add one tsp of sage and rosemary to the cayenne brew to flavor it and for the simple reason that both herbs contain carnosic acid, a powerful antioxidant, besides being antihyperglycemic, anti-inflammatory and antihypertensive. I also add other enhancers too - a tsp of marmite or a cube of chicken/vege stock.

Oh, the data at the following link [1] might interest you. I find the database of StuartXchange invaluable. Bookmark the homepage if you need to check out on certain botanicals.
[1] Siling Labuyo: Siling-labuyo / Capsicum frutescens / Cayenne / chile pepper: Philippine Medicinal Herbs / Philippine Alternative Medicine
[2] Homepage: StuartXchange - SX - Godofredo Umali Stuart's Cyber Warehouse

Last edited:

TibRex

Hahaha, looks like you're really excited like I've been over this simple remedy. I was just as skeptical when I first came across it but the proof of the pudding is in eating it, and so I tried it somewhat reluctantly to see if it works. Chili peppers are plentiful in the supermarkets here, both locally grown and imported (Thailand) and are very inexpensive.

Yes, I am aware of the Philippine variety called sili labuyo - there is a youtube video featuring a Filipino gentleman (farmer?) who claims that it can help lower blood glucose (BG) if taken with raw eggs. You are fortunate that it grows in your backyard - the ones sold in market tend to heavily sprayed with pesticides. I think the BG lowering effect has nothing to do with raw eggs. Capsaicin does lower BG, according to some researchers, if cayenne is ingested along with, or after, meals.

Yes, it was amazing that my BP levels responded favorably when other stuff I tried did not. I read somewhere that magnesium tends to lower the diastolic pressure but has little effect on the systolic. Perhaps you could post your results after you have tried magnesium for they could validate the claim?

I usually add add one tsp of sage and rosemary to the cayenne brew to flavor it and for the simple reason that both herbs contain carnosic acid, a powerful antioxidant, besides being antihyperglycemic, anti-inflammatory and antihypertensive. I also add other enhancers too - a tsp of marmite or a cube of chicken/vege stock.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals