Blueberry juice powerfully lowers blood pressure

Peatfan19

For those who may struggle with hypertension, I have found that 100% blueberry juice powerfully lowers blood pressure in a way I have not experienced with anything else. One glass per day seems to be sufficient.

Doing some research, I found that there is some research confirming that daily consumption of blueberries has cardioprotective effects and can improve blood vessel function and decrease systolic blood pressure.

Blueberries may help lower blood pressure

youngsinatra

Interesting, how much do you consume for that effect and how much does it lower your BP? (in terms of numbers)

reaching

beetroot/beet juice will do the same. but is it good? just lowering blood pressure with a fix. maybe try to figure out why your blood pressure is high in the first place. or you could look into the idea of high blood pressure being stupid and has changed over the decades and how the hell does a healthy range apply to people of different stature.

OP
Peatfan19

Peatfan19

Interesting, how much do you consume for that effect and how much does it lower your BP? (in terms of numbers)
I drink 1-2 glasses per day. My BP used to be around 145-150/100, and now rarely goes over 130/90-95. The effect does seem to be stronger on systolic blood pressure.

OP
Peatfan19

Peatfan19

beetroot/beet juice will do the same. but is it good? just lowering blood pressure with a fix. maybe try to figure out why your blood pressure is high in the first place. or you could look into the idea of high blood pressure being stupid and has changed over the decades and how the hell does a healthy range apply to people of different stature.
I have been unable to determine why my BP is elevated for the past year or so, something I have never struggled with before. I have done every conceivable test, without any success. My last remaining theory is the root canal theory, but I don't know how to exclude this possibility without further dental work or x-rays. (I had 3 big root canal treatments over the past 18 months.) It may possibly also be a normal part of aging, although I'm not sure about this. I agree that the usual recommended range for "normal" BP is unrealistic, but 150/100+ is not good for your health in the long run. Walking 45 mins per day (15mins after each meal) is good for both blood pressure and blood sugar.

TheSir

BP is elevated for the past year
3 big root canal treatments over the past 18 months.
This would be too much of a coincidence. I don't know to what extent dentists are able to reveal bacteremia within a treated root canal, but from what I have read it is nigh impossible to completely sterilize the root canal before it is sealed. Since the nerve & blood supply has been cut, the immune system won't reach the root canal, so in theory the bacteria will be able to remain there forever, proliferating and slowly seeping into the circulation.

OP
Peatfan19

Peatfan19

This would be too much of a coincidence. I don't know to what extent dentists are able to reveal bacteremia within a treated root canal, but from what I have read it is nigh impossible to completely sterilize the root canal before it is sealed. Since the nerve & blood supply has been cut, the immune system won't reach the root canal, so in theory the bacteria will be able to remain there forever, proliferating and slowly seeping into the circulation.
Agree.

That's one of the reasons I'm using manuka honey on a daily basis. I just wish it wasn't so obscenely expensive.

"Manuka honey is shown to be a potential root canal disinfectant against gram positive and gram negative bacterial pathogens."

"Comparison of the Antibacterial Efficacy of Manuka Honey Against E.faecalis and E.coli – An In vitro Study"

Lollipop2

For those who may struggle with hypertension, I have found that 100% blueberry juice powerfully lowers blood pressure in a way I have not experienced with anything else. One glass per day seems to be sufficient.

Doing some research, I found that there is some research confirming that daily consumption of blueberries has cardioprotective effects and can improve blood vessel function and decrease systolic blood pressure.

Interesting. Thank you for sharing!

TheSir

Agree.

That's one of the reasons I'm using manuka honey on a daily basis. I just wish it wasn't so obscenely expensive.

"Manuka honey is shown to be a potential root canal disinfectant against gram positive and gram negative bacterial pathogens."

"Comparison of the Antibacterial Efficacy of Manuka Honey Against E.faecalis and E.coli – An In vitro Study"
Note that this study concerns sterilizing the root canal before applying the sealer. Once the tooth has been sealed, there is no way for the honey and its antibacterial properties to reach the root canal. Honey is probably a good product for overall oral hygiene nevertheless though.

While I don’t have blood pressure issues, that’s great to know, thanks for posting this!

Ben.

David posted something about that in relation healing the blood capilaries by mobilizing stem cells. Might be related:

This video starts with a description of the damage done to the lungs with acute covid. After nine months, the lungs were mostly recovered.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LONbpI3bDg

Here is the paper shown at the beginning of the video.

View: https://elemental.medium.com/coronavirus-may-be-a-blood-vessel-disease-which-explains-everything-2c4032481ab2

probably blueberry juice has nitrates and nitrites in it.
But what if it’s fresh blueberries you juice yourself? Preferably organic. I think that is probably the best and wouldn’t have the nitrites….unless you know something I don’t know.

Veritas IV

But what if it’s fresh blueberries you juice yourself? Preferably organic. I think that is probably the best and wouldn’t have the nitrites….unless you know something I don’t know.
Hamster was implying that they may have them naturally.

probably blueberry juice has nitrates and nitrites in it.

Found this: Publication : USDA ARS

Boosts Nitric Oxide in the blood around 30% give or take.

Temporary band aid solution at best imo and non-Peaty, especially over the long haul.

reaching

I have been unable to determine why my BP is elevated for the past year or so, something I have never struggled with before. I have done every conceivable test, without any success. My last remaining theory is the root canal theory, but I don't know how to exclude this possibility without further dental work or x-rays. (I had 3 big root canal treatments over the past 18 months.) It may possibly also be a normal part of aging, although I'm not sure about this. I agree that the usual recommended range for "normal" BP is unrealistic, but 150/100+ is not good for your health in the long run. Walking 45 mins per day (15mins after each meal) is good for both blood pressure and blood sugar.

That is true.
I think address postural imbalances, breathing more deeply and slowly, and triggerpointing/stretching are somethings worth trying if you havent.

Theyve changed the "normal" levels to sell medication is my thought. but also people are unhealthy as **** so i dunno

Yeah but blueberries mixed up in a power blender is good because you retain all the nutrients of blueberries…ie the polyphenols, antioxidants etc.

I’ve seen people use aloe Vera juice and it works too. Same reason. Probably watermelon juice works. But drinking a lot of juice to raise nitric oxide levels isn’t a good strategy.

I’ve seen people use aloe Vera juice and it works too. Same reason. Probably watermelon juice works. But drinking a lot of juice to raise nitric oxide levels isn’t a good strategy.
I see what you’re saying. I would agree with that.

IVILA

Blueberry juice is quite estrogenic, wouldn't recommend gulping down on them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals